indefatigable soul

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love. ❞

 indefatigable soul 
chapter XIiI

Jongin found himself exchanging gazes with the petulant girl. He remembered their most recent episode and had to decide whether amusement or pain was the right word to describe the situation.

 

“Kai,” She said calmly at first, “Are you really going to erase my memories?”

 

“Yeah, I have to. Even now, we are breaching our laws. No one should know we wield dark magic. Anyone who knows, or tries to start a revolt against us is immediately annihilated. You are lucky, in a sense, since we are only going to erase your memories.”

 

“Not your existence, mind you. So get it over with.” Baekhyun added and Yeon Young found the urge to smack him upside down.

 

“To be honest, I didn’t know anything, and Kai! You were the one who revealed it to me yourself! And what’s it to you? Attacking me sure won’t get you anywhere, Kai, should I teach you the arts of seduction as well?” Yeon Young hissed at him, referring to the challenge he issued her the other day, and more on how he could even think of doing something to her when she shared her swordplay style.

 

“That is very true. Though, what is she talking about? Seduction-”

 

“Shut up Baekhyun.” Jongin scoffed and the former closed his gap shut.

 

“Good morning everyone!” Minseok and Kyungsoo who had fallen asleep stiffened up at the voice. They relaxed as the fact that it belonged to Jongdae passed the brain thinking motors.

 

“…Eh?” He paused at the sight of the unknown girl. “Don’t stop in the middle of nowhere, Jongdae,” Yixing pleasantly laughed as he pushed his way in. “…Oh?”

 

“Please don’t tell me you woke up Junmyeon-hyung,” Baekhyun paled at the thought and quickly shouted at Jongin to do it, “YAH! Our lives are more important that a measly human girl!”

 

Yeon Young glared at Jongin, and he cowered. Lucifer, he really likes her too much.

 

“Too late, here he comes,” Yixing said nonchalantly. The room immediately became silent, and even the usual chatty ones kept to a minimum. Sehun, who stepped in with Junmyeon, frowned as he noticed Yeon Young being held captive by Jongin.

 

She looked at Sehun, and thought about how he looked that day. Silver eyes. He looked radiant and majestic, though he was out of magic. The confidence he exuberated was non-extinguishable, and maybe, that was what attracted her to help Sehun in the first place.

 

Funny how she was thinking about this in a moment of danger.

 

Junmyeon, capable as always, had sensed her presence in the meeting room, lingering a tad too long for her to be a servant maid. Who was she?

 

Yeon Young avoided looking upwards under the scrutinizing gaze of the boys who hadn’t seen her before. “Jongin?” Junmyeon said patiently, but everyone knew it was a ticking time bomb.

 

“You see, uh, Minseok’s team found her spying and so they brought her back and uh, I was suppose to remove her memories but she was unconscious. We waited but then she escaped and we got her again.”

 

“Oh, go on then, it takes only a minute right?”

 

“Y-Yeah.”

 

Yeon Young even thought that the important guy would actually be nicer. Now, she was in deep and she couldn’t even avoid stepping into it because nine monsters were watching her every move. Even if there was a blind spot, there was no way she could make use of it, seeing how Jongin and Baekhyun could teleport. Yeon Young made an annoyed clicking sound with as she stared back defiantly.

 

Jongin took a step forward, and she took a step back. Yeon Young cursed as she found herself backing up against a wall. There was no room left to run, no time left to delay. So what now?

 

Jongin placed his hands on either sides of her head and Yeon Young clamped her eyes shut tightly, waiting for whatever impact that could happen, or if by some miracle chance she could block out whatever memory erasing skills Jongin had.

 

“W-Wait.” Jongin let the light in his fingers fade as he turned to the voice of the owner.

 

He walked towards them with shifty eyes and grabbed Yeon Young’s hand. “I’ll take care of this and report to you later, Junmyeon-hyung.” Everyone stared as if Sehun had grown two heads whilst he dragged her out of the room.

 

He pulled her down the hallway, down the stairs, back to his own room.

 

“Tell me everything from the start to the end, and don’t give me that face unless you want to be sent back to Jongin.”

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
aye now i have project work to deal with, bless me. but still, omg exams are over! thanks for reading as always.



 

◯ darkmoon