obligation

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

You can't save the damsel if she loves her distress. ❞

 obligation 
chapter XXIiI

Wrong inn? Sehun slowly his lower lip as he quietly maneuvered his way across town. He stops, as if bounded by a string of familiarity, and stares at the crowd blocking the entrance.

 

“Very subtle presence,” Sehun muses, a hint of amusement laced in his voice. He pushes past the people, hood securely up, albeit there were still murmurings amongst them about a certain prince being in town.

 

“Welcome to the inn, may I get you anything?” When she looked up, the sight of royalty greeted her. Mesmerized by his cold, unfeeling gaze, the lady blushed after getting over her initial shock.

 

“Did anyone unusual pass by?”

 

The lady slowly shook her head, face scrunched up into a frown, “Not that I can remember of.” She winces as the second floor yet again sends another man flying to the first level.

 

Sehun stonily stepped to the side, avoiding the bloodied man that almost knocked him down. He frowns as he thinks about Yeon Young and sighs exasperatedly. Seriously?

 

“Is the one causing the ruckus above right now a brunet with a ponytail?” Sehun resists the urge to roll his eyes. “I’m not sure if the boy is the cause... but he did went up a few moments ago.” Sehun muttered his thanks under his breath and made his way upstairs.

 

True to his beliefs, he found Yeon Young, wielding two swords maniacally, and Sehun doesn’t doubt that she has a thing for getting into fights.

 

The girl noticed another presence, though without any killing intent directed at her. Yeon Young took the chance and looked back, only to see silver eyes looming behind her. “Oh hey.”

 

The latter ignored her greeting and made his way next to her.

 

“What are you doing?” Yeon Young let out a dry laugh, as she randomly swung her sword around, “Sword practice?” I don’t think it would be a good idea to tell him I was trying to finish my job given to me back at the village, would it?

 

“Don’t you have an injured ankle?” Sehun didn’t let his amusement faze his perfected expressionless face in any way.

 

“I-uh, good question,” Yeon Young smiled mysteriously, as Eluci made its to another enemy’s throat. There were six fighters left, and judging by their levels of skill, she could probably finish this in ten minutes.

 

“Stop with the chitchat! You are going to die by my hands today-” The swordsman charged at her, but simply landed in a paralyzed heap on the ground after his attempt. “Pisses me off,” Yeon Young rolls her eyes, and beckons to the next fighter to dare to even come near her.

 

If she wasn’t a simple target, did that make Sehun look easier to defeat? He really doesn’t know what goes through the last swordsman’s head as he attempts to cut Sehun into pieces. Sehun simply knocks him out with a punch to his stomach, needless to say, with some help from the gushing wind.

 

The four gunners that were left were stunned, and had one thought in unison; were they even human? The mustached man seethed through his teeth, as he screamed at his men to ‘shoot them’. The brunette’s smirk was getting to him, and if he didn’t do anything about it, he was hundred percent sure that Yeon Young would torture him for the days to come.

 

One bullet came, and hastily, all four started shooting at once. It wasn’t as if they had superior aim, but with so many random bullets, some were bound to hit, weren’t they?

 

Fat chance.

 

The four gunners don’t know how Yeon Young manage to survive the halation of bullets but in the next second, half of them were down. She neared the last two with an evil glint in her eye, sadistic even, and asked if they had any last words. Feeling triumphant, Yeon Young waved at them before rendering them unconscious. Sehun observed the room from the corner he was leaning against, and acknowledged her prowess. He was slightly curious since the day she took on BTS, and it seems like she was good at what she did.

 

Yeon Young sure was taking her time with the last two, Sehun mused. Out of the corner of his eye, Sehun sees the head of the gang snatching the gun from the unconscious gunner, and in the next moment, he finds himself lying on the ground. He can hear Yeon Young cursing, and can hear her making three clean slices. She immediately joins him by his side, and touches where the lucky bullet impaled him.

 

The last thing Sehun heard was this idiot. Then, he falls into a black unconsciousness, because even though he feels pain, the warmth she provides — Sehun still doesn't know why — lulls him to rest.

 

“Hey, you’re finally up?” Sehun groaned as he felt the pain still residing in his chest. Out of EXO, he was always one of the slowest to heal, and he didn’t appreciate that fact, not one bit.

 

“Be careful, your wound may open if you move carelessly,” The young male said cheerfully as he handed him a bottle of pills. “Here! Yeon Young told me to pass this to you when you wake up,” Sehun squinted, and read the label on the bottle. Painkillers.

 

“I’m Xiao, so if you need anything, just ask,” The boy in front of him smiled sheepishly. Sehun grimaced as the pain became aggravated when he tried to stand up. “Xiao, what’s the time now?”

 

“Eleven in the morning.”

 

“I slept through the night…?” Sehun mumbled under his breath and sighed again; his migraine was doing quite a number on him. He tousled his black hair, and looked out of the window. I wonder if Baekhyun is looking for me.

 

“No, its the 30th, so you were unconscious for about one day and a half,” Xiao explained and he gulped as he sees Sehun’s expression darkening considerably. “Where is she?”

 

“As far as I know, she stayed with you and tended to your wounds for the whole day yesterday. I didn’t see her this morning though.” Sehun stood up immediately, chastising his charge for being the fool instead. She thinks she can get away from EXO unscathed?

 

“That idiot is as good as dead,” Sehun mutters under his breathe as he puts on his coat that was hanging on the nearby clothes’ stand.

 

“I suggest you don’t move so much!” Xiao squeaked, but Sehun pays him no mind. The latter leaves the room, giving a last look to the bottle of painkillers in his hand and thinks about the bandages wrapped around his chest. Sehun’s grip tightened, and he cursed whatever that was compelling him to find Yeon Young, and make sure she wasn't dead.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
lol ello thanks for the kind comments
did u see the teasers for kokobop lol
and here i am, stuck in the monster era
oh wells


 

◯ darkmoon