ungrateful, grumpy feline

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Found a prince charming, but he isn't mine. ❞

 ungrateful, grumpy feline 
chapter XV

“Prince Sehun.” The girl’s sickening high-pitched voice resonated in his ears and ticked Sehun off.

 

Prince Sehun?” Yeon Young mimicked again and she cackled as Sehun shot her a death scowl. “Stop it.”

 

You are a prince? What a joke…” She mumbled under her breath, and killed Sehun over and over again in her head by stabbing him with Aza.

 

“Don’t blame your failure on others.”

 

“Then should I thank you? Well, thank you for not erasing my memories and keeping me as your servant. I am forever in your debt.” Yeon Young retorted sarcastically as she took a seat on a couch in Sehun’s room. “Tired, I’m sleeping.” She shut her eyes but opened them once again as she felt a hard stare.

 

“What?”

 

“Technically, you should be. You aren’t dead,” Sehun said plainly. There was truth in his words and Yeon Young couldn’t deny it. She settled for grumbling and keeping her ungrateful mouth shut.

 

“I’ll lay down some rules, even if you don’t want to listen. Ironically, the first is to abide by me. Second, you are to listen to Junmyeon, our leader, as well.”

 

“I’m taking it as I can kick mini-Kai again and get away with it.” Sehun ignored the comment as he laid out the last rule, “Never escape. I’m not going to force you into a pact, but it’s still going to be hard for you to run. I’ll kill you personally if you tell anyone about us.” Yeon Young unconsciously shuddered and pulled her knees to her chest, hurdled up and surveyed her opponent with caution.

 

“I’ll get you a room, stay here.” Sehun said coldly as he left the room. As soon as it closed with a click, he sighed loudly. Pulling his hair, he resisted the urge to punch himself even though his heart told him to do so. I should stay away from her. His other nature just laughed at him. Oh Sehun, you are already in too deep, and being you, you would fall faster than getting out. What an idiot. Good luck pal.

 

 

Sehun opened the door, holding a key in his other hand, only to find a certain someone hiding under his blankets, with her light brown hair peeking out.

 

He felt compelled to go over and see how she looked like, sleeping, but the fact that he might get labeled as a ert deterred him from doing so.

 

“The same sense of urgency, huh? Glad to know I’m not the only one feeling safe around strangers, although that’s weird in itself,” Sehun muttered under his breath as he took her actual spot, the couch.

 

Talk about dejavu, Sehun thought as he crossed his legs and started reading a book. Ah well, it’s not like he needed the bed at ten in the morning anyways.

 

Sehun read his book for around an hour before hearing a loud thud. He eyed the groaning girl as she yawned without a care in the world.

 

“For god’s sake, this is why I don’t like sleeping in beds.” Yeon Young sighed loudly as she finally managed to pry her eyes open. “I miss my bed, I miss the fields,” She complained, still a little woozy in the head, not noticing the other figure in the room.

 

“It would be great if you could return it to me then, I got you a room.” Sehun stood up, indifferent as ever, as he told her to follow him.

 

“Is there a garden in this palace?” Sehun nodded his head. “Then, do you grow azalea flowers?”

 

“I got you a room on the first floor, it’s next to a garden.” Sehun masked the slight tug on his lips with a cough as he witnessed a glowing smile stretching on the girl’s face. He felt a tad guiltier because he chose that room for easier surveillance on her actions, since his room was directly above hers.

 

“By the way, where’s my sword? It’s the one with a completely black hilt.”

 

“Kai said he took it, I’ll ask him to put it in your room later.”

 

The small talk came to an end as they reached her room. Sehun turned back to walk back while Yeon Young tugged on his sleeve. Between a wince and a small smile, she settled for the middle since she couldn’t decide. “Thank you.”

 

With that, she shut the door close and begun to explore her freaking huge room. Her village and this palace were really on a different scale! Yeon Young jumped on the bed and smashed her head first face in the pillow. She turned around and gazed at the ceiling.

 

Am I dreaming? Elder Oh, you are going to wake me up soon, aren’t you? This old hag is being awfully nice today and not stirring me up.

 

Yeon Young waited for someone to pinch her cheeks but nothing came.

 

Guess not. She flipped to the other side and got up to open her windows. Yeon Young jumped over, and landed in a row of beautifully gardened tulips. Uh, sorry flowers. Silver eyes lied! It’s a garden, but, but! It’s not a fluffy field of flowers that I can sleep on. Everything here is just so perfect so much it’s stiff and uncomfortable!

 

Yeon Young sighed but still decided to follow the trail, since she had nothing better else to do. The one thing that cheered her up considerably was the small patch of Azaleas. Well, at least they have azaleas.

 

Am I really caught by people who can use magic? The devil’s children? Escape really does seem unfeasible. “Curse them, I just wanted a normal, peaceful life.” She crotched down, and started picking at the Azaleas.

 

“A-An-Angel-ssi!? What are you doing in the garden? Oh wait do you still remember me? I wasn’t planning to hurt you, I was just-”

 

“Who are you?”

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
hello. meows away.



 

◯ darkmoon