winning factor

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Abracadabra! Nope, you’re still a , little prince. ❞

 winning factor 
chapter XXI

“That was a little more exhausting than I thought, but Aza, I have freaking one week off practice.” Yeon Young smiled gleefully as she picked up the red sheathe that lied on her bed.

 

After the training session, that ended around five in the late afternoon, Jaemin had taken the liberty to wake her up, though that made her grouchier. He had stuck his tongue out at her before running off with his fellow friends.

 

Childish imp. Yeon Young shook her head as she dumped herself on the silky bed sheets. That isn’t all though, especially the senseless instructor, he’s really something. If he hadn’t given me this one-week break, I would have paid him back for his trouble. After everyone had left, Zitao still wouldn’t budge and wanted her to ‘come to the infirmary with me’. After half an hour of persuasion, it seemed like Zitao gave up and Yeon Young was finally off the hook. She even had to pretend to limp for the sake of appearances. Oh my lord.

 

Yeon Young swears that acting is even harder than jumping across roofs and that she will never ever go down the theatrical route if she ever needed a job.

 

I’ll just sleep, or, should I go to the last market? I mean, if I do check the place out, and get the information, I can pretty much run away anytime.

 

“Sleep or my mission?” Yeon Young mumbled to herself, a wry smile on her face. “Usually, I would go with sleep but since I feel like my life is actually on a verge of a cliff, let’s just go do some spying.”

 

Pushing herself off the bed, Yeon Young headed to the closet, where she saw all the clothes that she had shopped for with Jongin previously.

 

Yeon Young was normal, as far as she knew. A person, who had her own opinions, but wasn’t very adamant about forcing them on others. She was pretty all right as a human being, she reckons.

 

When Baekhyun opened the door to the girl’s room, having lost rock, paper, and scissors to Sehun and Kyungsoo, he holds a suspicious look in place, eyebrows pulled together and lips stretching horizontally.

 

“What?” She snapped, but received no response in return. “Thank you, for voluntarily coming to my room then. Go to hell!” Yeon Young felt her knuckles collide against Baekhyun’s face, but yet again, it seemed like he dodged it because the only thing she was punching next was the air.

 

“OH SEHUN,” Said boy turned towards the source of noise, and gave Baekhyun a ‘what do you want?’ stare.

 

“She punched me! I really, really hate her! Do something about it, seriously!” Sehun raised an eyebrow, expecting Baekhyun to pipe down, but no, until he got the fact that she wasn’t suppose to use violence against any of them, his hyung was going to continue whining.

 

Sehun snapped his fingers, catching the attention of Kyungsoo.

 

“Yes Sehun?”

 

“Not for you, hyung.” On the floor below, Yeon Young yelped. She, was she just imagining things or was she starting to float in the air? Yeon Young tried to push herself down with her weight but to no avail. For the love of god, is it silver eyes?

 

“Yah, silver eyes! Drop it, or I will kick your !” She shouted once she got out to the garden. She noticed the trio staring down at her from the balcony, looking very much the part of an amused audience. Yeon Young felt her cheeks flush red and grumbled as she flew upwards, her arms crossing one another.

 

She reached the balcony and came face to face with the usual apathetic Sehun, and he released his magic a tad too soon, because Yeon Young came crashing down in Kyungsoo’s arms. Now, if this was Jongin, he would have gladly held her and asked if she was okay.

 

Reality check. Do Kyungsoo couldn’t handle females, despite his flawless culinary skills that could have wooed every married lady in the kingdom.

 

He screamed, and she screamed as she landed on the floor, head first. Wincing, she clutched her head, which was throbbing painfully, thanks to a certain individual. Now, Yeon Young thinks in irony, she sincerely cannot afford to attend classes tomorrow at the military academy.

 

“I’m s-sorry, are you okay?” Kyungsoo stuttered as he tried to figure out something, anything that would possibly help her without him being anywhere near.

 

She snarled at him, lashing out for one of his legs so he would reach the same demise as her. He yelped and hid behind Sehun, who let out a sigh.

 

He played the gentlemen role by pulling her up gently. “Yeon Young, Kyungsoo-hyung, Baekhyun-hyung, let’s have a simple meeting shall we?”

 

“Hell no,” Baekhyun sniffed in indignation.

 

“Sure, Sehun. Should I go pour us some tea?”

 

Kyungsoo asked nervously.

 

Hell no?” Sehun clicked his tongue at the second retort and he stared at Yeon Young dully, as if he was boring a hole through her existence.

 

“I mean yes, slip of the tongue. Also, can I have strawberry tea? I can smell it from my room, and I’ve been craving it.” Yeon Young smiled dangerously at Kyungsoo, daring him to reject her request. His lips turned pouty as the area between his brows scrunched up cutely. He stirred the sugar in the tea like his life depended on it, and the image in his head was of Yeon Young being twirled around by a tornado.

 

Hey, maybe Sehun would do it for him on his birthday.

 

Yeon Young eyed Kyungsoo as he placed the saucer before her. He instinctively hunched his back and his sight became limited to the floor.

 

The silence was slightly discomforting, and Yeon Young wondered if this was what princes did in their spare time. Drinking tea.

 

“So, what do you need?”

 

Sehun was the only exception to the tea rule, and he switched his gaze towards hers.

 

“Didn't I remind you not to hit Baekhyun-hyung?” Sehun chided, and Yeon Young frowned. When did he ever?

 

“This morning.”

 

“Baekhyun told me you assaulted him.”

 

“He did?” Yeon Young mock-gasped and she felt a gash of air blowing past her air as if to chide her childish behavior. She spluttered as hair went into and she glared at the back of Sehun’s head.

 

“It’s unfair how you get to use magic-!” Before she could finish her sentence, Sehun immediately covered her loose mouth with his hands. He looked around, careful about whether anyone had spied in on them. When Sehun finishes his check on their surroundings, he turns to scowl at Yeon Young.

 

“I told you,” Sehun reiterates, “Never speak of this. You don’t know whose listening.” 

 

“You didn’t.” Yeon Young blinked her eyes innocently, although the smug smile on her face suggested otherwise. 

 

Sehun grimaced, and realized that he indeed didn’t relay the message. Wordlessly, he turned to Baekhyun, and gave him a pat on his back.

 

“Wow, did you two conspire against me? Tch, and I thought I would get to see a showdown. I’m out, losers!”

 

“What a showoff…” Kyungsoo sighed.

 

“Is that it? Well, if you would so kindly fly me back downstairs,” Yeon Young graced them with a bright smile, only to be ignored as Sehun turned to face Kyungsoo. She flipped him the middle finger behind his back. . Fine, it’s not like I can’t use the freaking long- ride known as stairs.

 

Curtly, she made her way to the door, only to have Sehun call her back. “Where are you going?” “

 

Uh, to town?” As Sehun gave her an once-over, he blinked. Yeon Young huffed, “I know what you are about to say. ‘What the hell are you wearing?’ Don’t.” Sehun raised an eyebrow, as if to say ‘Wasn’t planning to’.

 

“Oh wow, is that so? Good then. See ya.” Voice laced with sarcasm, she exited the room indolently. Kyungsoo’s mouth curved downwards as the door clicked close.

 

“Oh my goodness, she’s a worse version of Byun Baekhyun. How are you still silent? I can’t go a day without screaming profanities about him, whether it’s directly in his face or not.” Sehun did not answer Kyungsoo’s question though, and the answer was quite simple, really.

 

Whilst Kyungsoo had the time to entertain Baekhyun with his reactions, Sehun simply didn’t have a need to and shouldn't be caring about the girl.

 

There was a reason why Baekhyun always went to disturb Kyungsoo anyways.

 

“…Well, are you just going to let her go? I thought you were suppose to keep her from running away.”

 

Sehun pursed his lips imperceptibly. He started walking towards the door slowly with a serious regard, and Kyungsoo gulped out of nervousness.

 

“She wouldn’t do something so stupid, would she?”

 

The latter blinked. Was Oh Sehun being worried about someone?

 

“It’s not what I would like to say but… She’s cunning. And with that comes intellect. I doubt she would run to her deathbed.”

 

“Go ahead to dinner. See you, Kyungsoo-hyung.”

 

Sehun thought he was being discreet, but Kyungsoo could see that he had fastened his pace. Most probably to catch up with the girl.

 

“Dear lucifer,” Kyungsoo managed a small chuckle, “This is just,” He felt goose bumps crawling on his arm, “weird.”

 

Sehun, being worried? Uneasy even? That’s a first. Also, a very disturbing thought. Kyungsoo’s mind drifts off to Sehun being soft-spoken as he nagged at her for hitting Baekhyun. Uzza, cleanse my eyes.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
reminder-to-self: save your regularly
HAAHHAHAHAH fell asleep on the job yesterday
hope you enjoy <3 recently been getting into monsta x huhu


 

◯ darkmoon