beating senses

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Talk, or I'll beat you up. ❞

 BEATING SENSES 
chapter XXIV

"Are you still keeping silent?” The girl’s voice rang in his ears for the umpteenth time, and he didn't think he could take her on anymore. Yeon Young stood in front of the bloodied and bruised man – with the noticeable moustache, arms akimbo, just waiting for the moment he would break.

 

“Come on, I don’t have all the time in the world, you know.”

 

Yeon Young squatted next to him and cocked her head to the side, and growled.

 

“If I die by the hands of those EXO princes, I will personally bring you down with me.”

 

That statement aroused the interest of the captive.

 

Die by their hands?”

 

Yeon Young ignored him, and poked his wounded stomach with the hilt of the sword. He had a strangely tenacious will and didn’t give up as easily as she would have liked him to, to her annoyance. “So, you know about their powers?”

 

As soon as he let the words loose, Yeon Young dropped her gaze to his eye level, and he continued chattering on, because it seemed to work. At least she wasn’t stepping on his fingers anymore.

 

“Say, why don’t we help each other out?” He suggested excitedly, as if he had a solid plan that would bail him out of the situation. “I hate those snobby princes, always slaving me away. They are also the reason why the stocks have been getting more expensive too.” If Yeon Young caught his lie, she didn’t say anything.

 

Well…

 

 

The tanned warrior thanked the guards for their vigilance in protecting the kingdom. He hummed happily as he treaded along the road back to the palace, where he needed a good-night sleep, seeing that he had classes with the kids again tomorrow.

 

Zitao usually took the twists and turns in the alley, because it was ‘faster that way’, and without a doubt, he used the same route that day. “So, you know about their powers?”

 

Powers?

 

Now, that was an uncommon topic.

 

He skidded to a halt and hid around the corner, as the same voice continued talking around the wall.

 

“Say, why don’t we help each other out? I hate those snobby princes, always slaving me away. They are also the reason why the stocks have been getting more expensive too.”

 

Frowning, Zitao tightened his hold on his nunchuks that were tucked by the sides of his waist. He inched closer to the edge of the wall, risking the fact that it might not be screening him from the duo’s scrutiny. Say, they are talking about powers, and princes. Would it be too much to assume that they are talking about us? I don't mean to be self-obsessed, you know?

 

I don’t know, how about you tell me.

 

Your sarcasm is not needed right now, Rahab!

 

Zitao rolled his eyes exasperatedly, and continued to eavesdrop on their conversation. Although, it would probably be a given that they would be dead, once he reported this to Junmyeon.

 

Say,” This time, it was a female’s voice, and Zitao shuddered at the sheer amount of venom laced in her words. “Why should I do your bidding? Come on, you aren’t that dumb right? I’ll give you three options. Option A; stop your shady as business and let me cripple you. B; I leave your mutilated corpse here.”

 

She stopped to look at the man who is now terrified beyond his wits.

 

“Or C, I bring you back to silver eyes… Prince Sehun. Who knows what he would do with you.” By now, Zitao found the voice eerily familiar, and with the help of an unwilling Rahab, he links the condescending tone to Yeon Young, the girl he was trying to teach just this morning.

 

What is she even doing here anyways? Wait, what? Wasn’t she supposed to be injured?

 

You gullible fool, can’t you tell she tricked you?

 

“I-Is there not one where I don’t sustain… injuries?” He croaked, voice hoarse as his stomach does an anxious flip.

 

“I guess its option B then?” Yeon Young drew her sword almost too cheerfully, as the man yelped in horror. “No, please have mercy! Plan A! Plan A!” He shriveled up and curled into a shaking mess, to Yeon Young’s unamused stance. She sheathed her sword back and pulled the mustached man up by the collar.

 

Lead the way.”

 

“W-Where to?” He asked reluctantly, and cowered in front of the shorter girl.

 

“To your hideout, to get supplies. Then, to my village, where you will swear upon your useless life and offer your goods, duh,” Yeon Young rolled her eyes and jabbed the man’s back with the hilt of the sword. He stumbled forward, and meekly continued along the deserted alley routes.

 

 

Zitao heaved a sigh of relief as he managed to remain hidden in the warehouse of the supposed partner that they, EXO, were working with. Whilst he might have been one of the princes, he really didn’t bother much with internal affairs per say, and now, he really couldn’t judge what he was supposed to do in this situation.

 

For now, he was just going to observe from behind this box.

 

Done?” The impatience in her tone was amusing, and the fact that the opponent was so afraid of a measly human girl was hilarious as well. Zitao applauds himself for not laughing out loud and being a condescending prick.

 

Yeah, yeah. Done.” Yeon Young noticed the slight change in the way he was talking and slowly leaned against the wall. Arms crossed, she stared at him with a hint of a smirk. “You aren’t thinking of making a comeback, are you?” She spoke as if the idea itself was ridiculous, and the man before her grew angrier at the disrespect that was thrown at him.

 

“You are so full of yourself, brat,” He spat at her and snapped his fingers, “Don’t think you will get away with this.” Immediately, five more goons, who looked more afraid than ready to fight, blocked the entrance to the stronghold. Yeon Young sighed, and dragged her fingers down her face, as if even breathing was a chore. She was tired and just wanted to go home. Alas, here he was, just wasting the lives of these probably new recruits.

 

“It's up to you but... I'm saying I will spare you, if you walk the other way and never come back,” Yeon Young smiled demurely at the five, and the group felt chills running down their spines. Two ran after apologizing profusely to their boss, while the three left held out their weapons unsteadily in her direction.

 

Oh please, even little Jaemin from her class today could do better than these grown men.

 

“What are you waiting for? Capture her!” He shouted, desperate to win.

 

“You were saying?” In a series of simple and elegant slashes, she had down the three in record time. They were rendered unconscious, probably due to shock, and not really the pain. Hey, how much damage could a worn out girl even inflict anyway? These people were really losers.

 

“Let’s move out then.” Yeon Young declared in a sarcastically cheerful manner, and the mustached man had his eyes shut because she kneed him.

 

The impact felt like it had broken a bone or two but that wasn’t all, because it probably broke his dignity as a complimentary bonus.

 

Zitao makes a mental note not to mess with his student and silently prays for the man.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
WHISPER TO ME GIRL
but lol hi sorry for the long wait but wth i've gotten lazy
i am suppose to be ten chapters ahead this but I'm only at 30 i think
spazzes jgirejgoijergoiejrogij

oh thanks for 400 subs lol
nya


 

◯ darkmoon