second to none

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Hold on, pain ends. ❞

 second to none 
chapter XIIiI

Sehun listened attentively, although he appeared otherwise, as Yeon Young told him the essential facts to why she ended up here.

 

“…Are you stupid?”

 

“Are you trying to pick a fight?”

 

“No, but you could have saved yourself all these trouble if you slept on the pier for one more hour.”

 

“How am I suppose to know that you weirdos were out doing god knows what?” Yeon Young tucked her chin between her knees and frowned rebelliously, “Did you kill someone?”

 

She didn’t get a reply, and instead, got pulled again.

 

Soon, Yeon Young and Sehun were standing inside the quarters of the leader, and he looked expectantly at both of them. If he didn’t behold such a strong, oppressive aura, he looked rather harmless. Yeon Young knew that wasn’t the case at all.

 

“Yes, Sehun?”

 

“Junmyeon-hyung, that day…” He looked remorseful as he apologized to Sehun profusely, “I’m sorry Sehun, I didn’t take into account that they would attack you.”

 

“It’s okay hyung,” Sehun shook his head stoically but she could feel the affection flowing from the youngest to the leader. “Anyways, she helped me.” Junmyeon flashed a grateful look Yeon Young who bowed in an ambiguous way.

 

“I was wondering if she could refrain from getting her memories erased. It’s mostly Jongin’s fault, after all.”

 

“Rules aren’t meant to be broken, Sehun.” Junmyeon’s face grew stern.

 

“I’ll take responsibility.” The clear gaze that the youngest was giving him took the leader aback, although he didn’t let his feelings surface on his face.

 

He looked at Sehun with a steady gaze and couldn’t resist a small smile. “Okay.” A slight twitch of Sehun’s brows betrayed his supposed unfazed expression. “Hyung?”

 

“Just remember, if you escape, be ready to face death.” Junmyeon faced Yeon Young, letting a smile grace his lips when he felt a surge of defiance coming from the girl. Was she challenging him? Pretty foolish but I’ll take you on, child with Sehun’s protection.

 

“Oi, stop staring at him, and get out of the room,” Sehun hissed softly as he took her arm in a firm grip and dragged Yeon Young out.

 

They finally got out, much to Yeon Young’s disapproval, and thanks to Sehun’s wind.

 

“Yah, did you see his face? That screwed up face that just vomits condescension!” Yeon Young huffed as Sehun looked at her in disbelief, “Give me a moment, silver eyes, I’m going to settle a fight-”

 

“No you don’t, come with me.” Sehun muttered under his breath as he sent her floating beside him, unable to maneuver her own body, with a snap of his finger. She struggled to no avail, and glared at the back of Sehun’s head.

 

Yeon Young eventually settled and let herself be transported through the hallway all the while with Sehun not saying another word. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath in, the scent strangely similar to the rose tea back at home. Elder Oh, everyone, I kind of miss you all.

 

“You sure are strange,” Sehun mused and she immediately opened her eyes. Yeon Young flushed pink; not having realized that she placed her guard down right beside her captive.

 

“Look whose saying that,” She grunted. Sehun dropped her on the floor and Yeon Young yelped, dusting off her skirt when she stood up. “What was that for? Absolutely childish, tch.”

 

He recognized but didn’t like how easily this girl got under his nerves. She pretended like she didn’t care whether he was a human or not, and more or less acted stupidly reckless in front of his team. It was like as though just her existence itself could break down the wall he had so carefully built. Even back then, when she brought me back to the kingdom. I did fall asleep partially due to high exhaustion but I don’t understand why her presence made me fall into a slumber. This just isn’t right.

 

“Nothing, go register yourself as a student of the military school,” Yeon Young stopped scowling at Sehun and looked at her surroundings, realizing they were in a completely different building. The walls were profoundly decorated with crossed swords, and the glass cases at the side held intricately designed daggers and claymores.

 

She noticed an upright man donning light armor standing behind the counter. Looking back, she saw Sehun slinking away in a corner, as if he didn’t liked being there in the first place.

 

Yeon Young took the chance and dashed towards the corner. Both hands slamming the table, she yelled at the top of her lungs.

 

“EXCUSE ME? That man is imprisoning me and can use ma-” Magic. Help me! A hand clamped over and she thrashed to get out of his hold.

 

The man behind the counter gasped as he bowed ninety degrees in a flurry. “Prince Sehun! How may I help you? Should I take this girl away? She seems to be saying crazy things,” The man offered politely as he tried to take her away from a defensive Sehun. Yeon Young growled. Prince? Prince? No one was going to give her any ing help, would they?

 

Why is silver eyes a prince? World be damned!

 

“Please register her in the school.”

 

“As you say. But, should I put her with the thirteen year olds?”

 

“I’m right here, and I’m seventeen, you , don’t make me slice you up.” Sehun rolled his eyes at the decision to release her. Dear Lucifer, she was hotheaded.

 

“I know that… Miss. But, you have to start with the basics of fighting,” He tried to explain in a low voice, a little taken aback by her bite. Yeon Young scrunched her nose and stared at him with squinty eyes, in a cute pout. Wait; if I join the thirteen year olds, I practically am a genius over there. The teachers would let me sit out, wouldn’t they? I’ll escape then.

 

“Yes, you are right. Thanks for your concern,” Yeon Young sent him a mesmerizing wink before he took out two scripts of paper shyly. “Please fill this up then.”

 

She filled up the basic details and handed it back to the man. Just then, Sehun spoke up. “Make it so that this girl is directly under my command and will only work with me on every mission I get from the king.” The man nodded without a doubt for Sehun’s weird request and slotted the scrolls into a holder.

 

“I’ll give it to the instructors now, she can start class tomorrow. Just come here and I’ll bring you to your training quarters.” He bowed as Sehun and Yeon Young walked back to the palace.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
aye. aloha friends! lately, i've been thinking about sehun and how i should stop thinking about him because he is my friend's bias. oh well, please check out the trailer i made, it's in the foreword! omg. took me like 12 hours? omaigad. i'm pretty proud though.



 

◯ darkmoon