Summer Textbook

Knock Knock Knocking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 2016

 

You're knocking at my heart, my heart flutters

I wanna show it all, but you don't know

Please take one more step toward me, open yourself to me

You got the key don't stop, don't hesitate, come to me, come on

 

Of course, Tzuyu knew when her dumb husband's birthday was. And of course she planned to celebrate that special day. What kind of wife would she be if she didn't?

But she didn't need to be constantly reminded of it the days following up to the fifth.

"A certain someone's becoming 20 soon~" Sookie had said in a sing-songy way.

"Ah, but Jiao unnie already turned 20 in April?" Tzuyu had replied with mock confusion.

"I'm not talking about JiJi~" Sookie whined with a pout.

"That's funny, I thought a certain kuma was turning 12." Jihyo commented, rolling her eyes.

"No, 12-year-olds are a lot smarter than that pabo. The kuma's becoming 10." Jungyeon added with a cheeky grin.

"Then we should buy lots of textbooks to help make the child smarter." Nayeon joined in on teasing Sookie.

"Who gets textbooks as a birthday present?!" Sookie then tackled Jungyeon, who was closest, and started pulling on her cheeks. "And I'm way smarter than some 12-year-old!"

"Pabo kuma~" Jungyeon turned the tables, and was now on top of the struggling Sookie, pulling her cheeks in retaliation. "Pabo, pabo, pabo, pabo!"

"Unnie's a no-jam pabo!" Sookie was now on top, before shortly being ambushed by Nayeon and Jihyo. "This is unfair!" Three against one was not cool. And then they held her down and started tickling her. "Ha ha ha! Stop it!"

"What was that? Did the bear say keep going?"

"The pabo likes being tickled, you say?"

"Someone get her feet!"

It got worse for Sookie when two of the Japan-line joined in on tickling her.

What? They were bored, and it looked like fun.

"Mo-chan and Sa-chan are traitors!" Five against one was just overkill.

"Ha ha! Soo-chan's turning so red!"

"Aww, who's the cherry kuma? Soo-chan, that's who~"

Mina, Chaeyoung, and Dahyun watched the one-sided fight with interest, finding it much more entertaining than the commercials that played on tv.

The maknae was lost in thought, paying no mind to her unnies tickling/playing/torturing her jester.

"Somebody help me~"

"That's nice, unnie." Tzuyu absentmindedly responded, as Sookie was laughing her head off from her torture.

You knock knock knock at me

And you shake up my heart again every night

I fall asleep tired from waiting

You knock knock knock at me

Talk talk talk in my ears

Can't you softly tell me that you love me?

 

"Sorry, me and the unnies are busy on your birthday."

"We'll bring you back a birthday cupcake or something when we come home."

"But have a fun birthday anyway, unnie!"

"Yeah, you only turn 20 once after all."

Her neighbors broke the news to her the night before her birthday, all of them with apologetic expressions on their faces.

"Ah... that's alright! I wasn't expecting a party anyway. Everyone work hard!" Sookie replied with a chipper smile, trying to push back the huge feeling of disappointment and loneliness she felt. Her idol neighbors were very busy people after all, she should've seen this coming.

But because they knew their neighbor, and because the composer was stupidly honest to the point she was terrible at hiding how she felt, they could tell that her smile was half-hearted.

"Eyy~ cheer up!"

"We'll celebrate together the day after, or something!"

"Ha ha! Sounds good!"

So the day of her birthday, they were all gone before she woke up.

"Happy 20th birthday to me, huh?" Sookie muttered to herself, slightly gloomy, before washing up and changing. She at least had a birthday date with Hyoseob oppa to look forward to, after that, it was to the company to try and compose some songs. Nothing like losing yourself in song writing to ignore your loneliness.

"If it isn't the birthday girl?" Crush when they met up outside.

"Oppa!" Sookie nearly bowled him over in her excitement, though her brother was able to return the hug and stay on his feet."Hi."

"Aigoo, Hyunsook-ah's still such a big baby." He pat her head affectionately, his dongsaeng hated feeling lonely, especially on holidays or her birthday. And that still hasn't changed despite her aging another year. "C'mon, no crying, we have half of the day awaiting us."

"I'm not crying... but you're right." Sookie said with a huff, before letting him go. Something just flew into her eye that's all. "Kaja! Birthday breakfast!"

"Let's go, we're meeting with Hyuk-ah at the restaurant."

"Hyuk oppa? Why didn't oppa say so? Let's not keep him waiting!" It's been so long since she's last seen him.

And she even got her oppas to wear matching rilakkuma hats with her, despite them being the types to not wear any cute hats of the sort. She had selcas as proof.

Ah, it was the perfect thing to cheer her up.

"Only because it's Hyunsook-ah's birthday today."

"Don't expect us to wear them a lot."

"That's fine, oppas just have to wear them with me for today." That was more than enough for her.

 

How much more do I have to wait? Oh, tell me boy

What if your heart slowly fades too?

Stop testing my heart

Can't you softly tell me that you love me?

 

Sookie split up from her oppas at the train, not seeing her oppa's knowing grin, making her way to the company while they left to hang out elsewhere. And she even got an unexpected pres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter