Second

The Lawyer

Taeyeon was fuming. She had all her money and some credit cards in that wallet. The memory of the woman’s face disgusts her. Why on Earth would that woman be a pick pocket? She could have worked her off to earn money so she could enter a school and not be one of society’s pain in the but no, she decided she’d be a pickpocket instead because it’s much easier to run away with someone else's money on hand.

            “Tae what’s wrong?” Sunny asks.

            She knew Taeyeon well that she knows that a slight movement in Taeyeon’s face muscles can mean that there is something wrong. This time was a first; the girl doesn’t get pissed even if things get to annoying or hard. She finds a way to make the wrong things right.

            “You didn’t close Mr. Yoo?” Sunny makes a wild guess although she thinks that it is impossible. Taeyeon is the best closer in the country!

            “No!” Taeyeon exhales, “that stupid girl stole my wallet!” she groans in annoyance.

            “What girl?”

            “There was this girl a while ago wearing a skimpy outfit who was flirting with the driver then I shoved her because I didn’t want to waste time.”

            Sunny raises an eyebrow, “Tae you can’t just point your finger on people. The girl might not be the one who stole your wallet, you could have dropped it somewhere and not know it.” She lectures.

            Taeyeon buries her face into her hands. She knows that Sunny is right again, she just didn’t want to blame herself. She’s like that, she always finds someone to blame for her flaws. She then looks at Sunny then nods her head,

            “You’re right, Bunny.”

            Sunny nods then goes out of the room, "I'll be outside if you need me."

            The girl is just thankful to have Sunny in her life. The latter is an all-around employee, she’s her secretary, sometimes Sunny can act like a boss, and she’s also her therapist and adviser. She glances at her watch then sighs, it’s lunch time.

            “Bunny! I’m going out” she hollers.

~~~~~~~~~~

            “Hey Tiff, you got something?” The tall tan girl asks as her eyes sparkle at the sight of the wallet in Tiffany’s hand “That’s a fat one!”

            The other tall girl with them laughs at the word.

            Tiffany smirks, holding up the fat wallet in her hands. She plans to get half of it for her child’s hospital bills and some medicines then give half of it to her friends because they’ve been good to her all this time.

            “Where’d you get this fat wallet, unnie?”

            “There was this rich looking woman down the street with a shiny car and a gullible driver so I tried to seduce the driver then the woman came out of the building and shoved me, Yoong”

            “Wow! Your hands are fast! We taught you well!” Yuri chuckles then pats Tiffany’s head.

            “I’m going to take half of it if it’s fine with you guys. For Seohyun”

            Yuri and Yoona smiles. They really admire Tiffany for being a good person, she didn’t even forget to give them a part of the money. They nod then goes on to hug Tiffany,

            “She’s going to be okay, Tiff. She’s a fighter.”

            “Hey you!!”

            The three get alarmed at the sound of the voice. They look to the right and Tiffany widens her eyes, it was the woman she stole from. She smacks Yoona’s arms then points at the woman, who’s got them cornered,

            “She’s the woman who owns the wallet.” She stutters.

            “Aigoo, unnie!”

            “I knew it was you!”

            Taeyeon looked at the wallet which was in Yuri’s hand. She knew that the woman wearing the skimpy outfit really stole her wallet so she went out to go back to Mr. Yoo’s room to ask if she forgot her wallet. Then she went out to walk until she saw the three girls staying in the alley not far away. It looks like the women were already in the middle of parting the bills in her wallet when she came.

            “Huh? N-no, what are you talking about?”

            Taeyeon rolls her eyes, “I’m talking about the wallet you’re holding.”

            “This is mine!” Yoona defends as she gets the wallet from Yuri. She opens the wallet then sees Taeyeon’s driver’s license; it was really hers. She starts to shake in fright.

            “Did you see your name in it?” Taeyeon asks sarcastically, her arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

            “N-no!”

            “Aigoo, Yoong!” Tiffany and Yuri shakes their head in panic.

            “So just give it to me and no one gets jailed!” Taeyeon negotiates; after all, she is the best closer in the country, why wouldn’t she use it to her advantage then?

            “J-jailed?” Yoona stutters as usual. She nudges Yuri at the sound of the word, “Unnie let’s just return it.”

            “Don’t take another step!” Yuri shouts when she saw Taeyeon going closer. The latter raises both arms up, signaling that she isn’t going to take another step.

            “Tiff, do something!” Yuri hisses.

            “I-I..” Tiffany was torn. She needs the money for Seohyun but at the same time she feels bad for taking the money from the innocent woman but then again, the woman shoved her so she thinks the woman deserved what happened.

            “Tiffany! Hurry up!” She snaps out of her thoughts then looks for Yuri and Yoona, she gasps when she saw them holding Taeyeon and dragging her away from Tiffany. “Run Tiff, run!!!”

            Confused as she is, Tiffany runs away with the wallet in hand. She wanted to give it back because Taeyeon looked like someone who needs her wallet so bad. After all, her money was in there and also her license. But Tiffany really needs the money for Seohyun, the child’s been in the hospital for weeks already because of pneumonia and she couldn’t even buy medicines.

            Half of the money in Taeyeon’s wallet could buy a month’s worth of medicine for the child.

            “Seohyun first.” She mutters.

            “Tiff! Tiff!”

            She hears Yuri’s voice then sees the two of them inside a bus that's going to drop them off at the hospital. Tiffany then runs after the bus then jumps to the door where Yuri was waiting to catch her.

            “Where’s she?” Tiffany asks, tired and obviously confused.

            “Midget’s unconscious in the alley!” Yoona winks then makes a thumbs up sign.

            “She’s going to be in that alley for a few more hours, Tiff”

            “Aigoo, why did you hurt her??”

            “She’ll follow us and she’ll try to get her wallet back again! This is for Seohyun!”

            “Don’t worry Unnie, she’s just asleep.”

            “Aigoo, I’m sorry, Hyunie~” Tiffany sighs.