Fifth

The Lawyer

 

            Taeyeon is having a good day. That’s what’s on Sunny’s mind at the moment. Just a while ago, she received a rare text from a rare side of Taeyeon, the message was a morning greeting to the most beautiful secretary she’s ever met. She assumed that Taeyeon must be drunk but it’s impossible because there was no corporate party that happened last night and the older girl does not drink unless it’s for the firm so a drunk Taeyeon texting is blown out of proportion.

            The y secretary puts Taeyeon’s coffee on her table as she checks for the time.

            “Sunny have you seen Taeyeon?” Jessica asks out of nowhere, startling Sunny. She quirks an eyebrow as she stares at the secretary who was staring back at her with wider eyes, “What?”

            “Nothing, you startled me.” Sunny answers as she gathers herself. She wants to ask Jessica if she has something to do with Taeyeon being happy today or does she know why but she doesn’t think Jessica knows anything.

            “Taeyeon sent me a weird good morning message, did you receive one too?”

            Sunny gasps then looks at Jessica directly in the eye, “Yeah.”

            “What’s up with her?”

            Sunny shrugs then piles the folders on her table as Jessica and her wait for the short girl. They both received good morning texts and sweet messages. Sunny knows everything just with the way Taeyeon starts the day.

            “Good morning, ladies!”

            “Speaking of the devil.” Sunny mutters as Jessica nods her head. She was about to walk towards Taeyeon but Taeyeon was already near her so she just stayed where she’s standing.

            Both Sunny and Jessica look at the girl in surprise when she lands them both a kiss on their cheeks. She was scaring them, she was acting strange today but it’s not like they don’t like it. They just find it strange.

            “Okay, so what’s up with you?” Sunny crosses her arms to interrogate Taeyeon. The latter just grins at them then says,

            “We should celebrate because I am happy today!” She quips as she opens her arms wide.

            Just by seeing Taeyeon’s actions, Sunny knew that something was up and it was something to be really proud of. She praises the God of Love as she sees Taeyeon smiling like an idiot, but of course, Taeyeon being in love is not confirmed yet.

            “Well?” Jessica was looking back at Taeyeon then back to Sunny, she really wishes that someone tells her what is happening.

            “She’s in love.” Sunny whispers.

            “In love?” Taeyeon turns around then whispers back, “I am beyond in love! I-I… it’s hard to explain Bunny. She’s so beautiful. Her eyes are to die for, I want to be the reason for her smiles, I want to be the first person she’d see in the morning and I want her to be my sweetest hello in the evening when I get back from work.” She dreamily says as she lays her head on her secretary’s table.

            Sunny and Jessica just looks at her like she’s some crazy person who happens to go past beyond the security checks on the building. Taeyeon was on Cloud nine, she was too happy that she’s become crazy.

            “Who’s the unlucky woman?” Jessica whispers back at Sunny.

            “The woman who stole her wallet, who else?” Sunny answers back, “well, I have to admit, she is a pretty woman.”

            Jessica opens in disbelief, “A pickpocket?! Why on Earth would she fall for a pick pocket? Out of hundreds of women who are lining up for her she chooses a pick pocket?!”

            “Well, the love bug’s going to bite you when you least expect it, Jess. We got nothing to do.”

            “But Sunny, do you know how this would affect the firm?  A top lawyer dating a-a-a… a pick pocket from somewhere in Korea?” Jessica hisses. She got no problem with Taeyeon dating anyone just as long as the person is respectable too. Her firm cannot take another embarrassment.

            “Relax, Jess! They aren’t dating, Taeyeon’s just infatuated.”

            “Whatever! Just do everything to avoid this embarrassment from happening! Anyone but a fugitive!”

            Sunny rolls her eyes as she watches Jessica strut away from them. Sometimes, she’s really a pain in the especially when it comes to the firm’s name. She’d do anything to avoid taking a hit even if it means her employees’ happiness. The firm first before her own.

            And to Jessica, Taeyeon is her property. The short girl wouldn’t even be this famous if it weren’t for the Jungs. They invested in her, helped her gain her experience and even helped her grandparents while she was still in law school because they were becoming short on the budget.

            But they never told her. Taeyeon never wanted any help from anyone. She knew she could do it which is why she worked her off to earn for her schooling. Oh how she’d be broken if she learns the truth; everyone screwed her.

            Sunny slaps Taeyeon from her trance then points at her to gain her attention, “You, we got to talk.”

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Mommy, where is Tae tae?”

            It’s early in the morning and the first thing that Seohyun asks is Taeyeon. Tiffany dreaded this, she still doesn’t know what to tell Seohyun, she couldn’t tell her that the woman went home because she isn’t staying there with them for good. She walks towards her child them cradles her, her child was beautiful and smart, she was very lucky to have her.

            “Hyunie, always remember that mommy loves you so much, okay?.” She says as she admires Seohyun more. The child giggles then nuzzles her nose into her mother’s body.

            “Good morning, you two.” Yuri stretches her body after brushing her teeth. They all had a nice sleep because they weren’t really worrying about anything. Thanks to a certain someone.

            “Tae tae went to work, Hyunie. She’ll be back after a few hours.” Yuri says then ruffles the child’s hair. She receives giggles in return, “Hopefully, she will.”

Tiffany sends Yuri a glare and the latter just smiles awkwardly. She regrets telling Seohyun that Taeyeon would come without really knowing if she would. She knows she should take responsibility if Seohyun cries later because no one wants to deal with a crying Seohyun, not even Tiffany.

“Hyunie why don’t you go and wake Yoona up? “  Tiffany asks Seohyun and the child immediately jumps out of her hold to go and wake the older girl up.

            Tiffany and Yuri watches as the kid disappears from their sight. The older girl squints her eyes at the younger because she seems to be hiding something from her.

            “What?” Yuri asks, sweat coming out of her body. She doesn’t want to deal with the devilish power of the Tiffany Hwang.

            “Okay, what’s up, Yul?” Tiffany pries.

            “Nothing!” The other denies. She promised to keep the secret forever.

            “I’ll throw all the things you use on your face if you don’t sing!”

            Yuri gasps in shock, she loves her face and it wouldn’t be that smooth without the things she puts on it,

“Fine! Taeyeon said she would like to help Seohyun and would like to buy her everything that she wants.”

            “Why did you let her! She isn’t Seohyun’s father and she never will be! She’s a girl and she isn’t responsible for anything that concerns Seohyun. She does not have the right to do this.” Tiffany was angry. Taeyeon was stepping on her pride if ever what Yuri was saying was right. She can give Seohyun the life she deserves and the only person who should help them is Seohyun’s father, not anyone else, not someone she stole from and most certainly not Taeyeon.

            “But Tiff, she just wants to help, nothing more. She isn’t saying that she wants to BE Seohyun’s father, Jesus you don’t even know if she swings that way!” Yuri defends putting emphasis on some words, she knows that Taeyeon just wants to help because she saw how hard it was for them in the hospital.

            “Well I don’t care!” Tiffany argues, “She should be ashamed of herself for doing this.”

            “None of this would happen if we didn’t steal her wallet, anyway.” Yuri’s voice was wavering, she knows that arguing with Tiffany is no use because the girl’s pride is not a joke, “Don’t you see how happy your daughter is around her? If you don’t want her to help, just let her visit every week then, for Seohyun.”

            Tiffany stops and calms down. She knows that Yuri was right too. She’s never seen Seohyun happier than when Taeyeon is around and she admits that she loves seeing her daughter smiling a lot. She looks at Yuri then shakes her head; visiting Seohyun would be the most she can allow. She doesn’t want Taeyeon to get the wrong idea either. She admits that she finds her gorgeous but she just isn’t ready yet.

            “I’m going to work now. I’ll see you later, Tiff.” Then Yuri waves goodbye leaving nothing to Tiffany but something to think off.

~~~~~~~~~~

 

            “Do you think she’d like sunflowers? Like, huge sunflowers?” Taeyeon asks as she shows Sunny her Ipad. She wants to visit Tiffany and Seohyun later, she’d be bringing a big bear and some flowers, whichever Sunny would recommend. She doesn’t think much of Tiffany’s feeling because she doesn’t think that Tiffany would like her because obviously, she doesn’t swing that way but it’s Taeyeon, and she closes everyone, why not try her luck on Tiffany?

            “First of all, do not give her roses or chocolates because it’s mainstream” The girl advises as she looks at the flowers in Taeyeon’s Ipad., “But this isn’t the reason why I called you to your office, I want to talk to you about Jessica.”

            “Jessica? What about her?”

            “She doesn’t want you to date that girl because this would be a big blow to the firm. A lawyer dating a nobody who stole a wallet for her child? It ain’t a good headline or a good rumour headline.”

            Taeyeon puts the Ipad down as reality hits her. Jessica is right but she could just hide it from the world and besides, she isn’t sure if Tiffany would accept her love anyway. She isn’t getting her hopes up.

            “But Tiffany and I don’t have a relationship, Sunny.” She reasons.

            “I know, but she could fall for you, right? I mean, look at you, you’ve fallen in love with her already and it won’t be long ‘til she falls. It always works that way, Tae!” Sunny stands up then checks for Jessica, “I am not against you falling for her, Tae, in fact I’m very happy for you but someone isn’t very happy for you too.”

            As if on cue, Jessica enters the office and Sunny avoids her eyes. The shorter girl bows then exits the office.

            “You can’t date that girl, whoever she is.”

            Taeyeon gives her a look. She wants to say something but she can’t because it’s Jessica. The girl has helped her in so many ways; she wouldn’t be in her position right now if it weren’t for the girl. She’s also the first friend she had outside of law school. The girl’s family also supported her through her endeavors, been there for her during her low times.

            “I am not dating her? I don’t think I would, either.” Taeyeon responds, turning her back at the boss and looking at the view from her window.

            “Just don’t Tae. I know how you feel about that girl, whoever she is but I am warning you.”

            Taeyeon balls her fists as she gets pissed. She doesn’t like that Jessica tells her what she should do and who she should date, “You can’t tell me who to date and what to do, Jessica”

            “Alright then, IF you date her, you can kiss your job bye bye.”

            And as simple as that, Taeyeon knew she wouldn’t.

~~~~~~~~~~

            “Yuri-ssi!”

            Yuri looks around and sees a familiar car entering the gasoline station. She immediately smiles at the sight of the lawyer however; she thinks this isn’t good because obviously, Tiffany doesn’t want to see her yet.

            “Taeyeon-ssi, what brings you here?”

            “I thought I’d find you here and I did.” Taeyeon smiles as she continues, “Just wanted to get my mind somewhere.”

            “Is something wrong?”

            “Just, work stuff.” Taeyeon looks at Yuri then proceeds to ask about Seohyun, “Is Seohyun okay? I may not be able to visit her for a while.” She continues as she looks sad.

            “Well, yeah, about that...” Yuri fidgets, trying to find the right words for what she’s going to say, “Tiffany doesn’t want you to visit anymore.”

            “But why?”

            “Well, she doesn’t want you to help her because you don’t have the right to, according to her.”

            “Oh.” Taeyeon’s eyes turn sad at everything that Yuri is saying. Maybe her way of helping is wrong.

            “And she doesn’t want you to get the wrong idea too. She still is in love with… Seohyun’s father…” The younger girl trails off.

            Taeyeon gives her a bitter smile and simply says, “Oh.”

            She couldn’t think of better words to say because her mind is too clouded. She has to think of Jessica and her job too but at least, she knows she could keep her job now because Tiffany doesn’t feel the same way.

            “I’m sorry in behalf of Tiffany” Yuri says again. She feels guilty because they’ve caused so much trouble to the lawyer but she also feels what Tiffany must be feeling.

            “It’s fine. It’s my fault too.”

            “We’re really sorry.”

            “I got to go now, Yuri-ssi, it’s nice to see you again” And with that, she drives off with a heavier mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

            “Bunny, Where’s my coffee?” A gloomy Taeyeon asks Sunny as she enters the floor. The secretary looks at her with sad eyes too. She knows what had happened, Taeyeon called her in the middle of the night, crying and saying that no one will ever love her so Sunny spent about two hours trying to convince the woman that someone better would come in the future and that if Tiffany and her are fated to be together, then they will be together.

            “On your table, Boss.”

            “Thanks.”

            After the little talk with Sunny last night, Taeyeon felt lighter. Maybe it was time for her to change and not be boring anymore, besides, she’s still young and she’s at the top of her career, why not focus on herself and not just on the girl?

            But she was her first love, and first love never dies.

            “Keep Moving Forward”

            Taeyeon smiles at the note on her coffee. Sunny really knows how to lift her spirits up and she’s thankful for that.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello everyone, I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply to anyone's comment. I'm on vacation which is why I have a limited internet connection. I'll be replying as soon as I arrive! Happy reading!! And thank you for every one who subscribed and are going to subscribe and thank you very much for the upvotes too!!! I love you all! xoxo

I hope you'll like the chapter even if it turned out this way and I would really appreciate comments hehe.

And my bias is Taeyeon lol.