Ninth

The Lawyer

            Inside a very spacious and very cool hotel room are two women fast asleep. Not one of them probably remembers anything, not even Sunny would remember what happened the other night. After the unconscious incident that happened, their friends decided they should get a room to get things done, so their friends paid for the hotel room they are in now; the finest in the whole building, in fact.

            The crowd figured that nothing should stop two people who are in love from doing what they want.

A smile makes its way to one woman’s face as she snuggles more to the one she’s in bed with. The other woman tightens her hold too, both enjoying the presence of each other. It’s as if they’ve found the perfect fingers that would fit theirs.

            “Mhn…” The other moans as she slowly opens her eyes, adjusting to the bright surroundings. She smiles again when she realizes that she slept in a very comfortable bed, the best sleep she’s had so far, in her unconscious opinion. She tries to stand up but a hand is wrapped around her waist, stopping her from doing so. She stares at the figure longer thinking that she may recognize her.

            “Who is this girl?” She mutter as she pokes the girl, “Is she even alive? Aigoo, ouch…” she holds her head which was throbbing in pain and she figures that maybe she drank too much last night.

            She sees the other girl yawning and stretching and she can’t help but smile at the cuteness.

            “I’ll just cook for breakfast, whoever you are.” She chuckles and stands up, but goes back to the bed in shock, “What the actual !?” she shouts. She pulls the blanket to her which reveals Tiffany in her form.

            “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” Taeyeon screams. She doesn’t sing but she can hit notes.

            The scream startles the other girl who sits up, “What the hell, man! Why are you screaming!” she shouts to match the woman’s voice.

            “T-Tiffany, I-I… w-what happ-ppened?” Taeyeon shakes as she asks, pointing to Tiffany’s body. She couldn’t help but stare at the girl though, she had it in her. Normally, she’d enjoy this view but this isn’t the time to enjoy it.

            “What are you staring at? And why are you asking me what happened last night and why are you hoarding the blanket!?” Tiffany asks without pausing. She sees Taeyeon point at her using her lips and suddenly, her face displays horror.

            “Oh my gosh!” The younger girl tries to pull some of the blankets from Taeyeon who was hoarding because she was too shy. Tiffany is too!, “What the hell Taeyeon! Give me some blanket!”

            “No! Get away from me what the hell!” Taeyeon gets away from the bed and looks at herself in the huge mirror, “Aaaaaaaaaah! Why do I have red spots around my neck! Aaaaaaaaah!” she stares at Tiffany in horror at the sudden realization, “You did this to me!!? You took advantage of me!” as she points her fingers at Tiffany.

            “Taeyeon just give me the blanket!”

            “Use the pillows!”

            Tiffany stares at her in disbelief. She clutches on the pillows and covers herself with the fluffy things. She brings herself to stand up and horror was written in the older girls face.

            Tiffany was covered with red marks; hickeys to be true. There were five in her neck, two on her chest and some more on her stomach. Taeyeon is panicking, something happened last night and it’s something that both of them aren’t ready for.

            “What the hell. You! What happened last night?” Taeyeon asks in panic.

            Tiffany holds the side of her head as she remembers what happened.

            She frowns, “I-I don’t remember.”

            “Let’s just call Sunny. Please look for your clothes.” The older girl instructs.

~~~~~~~~~~

            Jessica is angry. She angrily slams the car door and ignores the calls from her bodyguard. She sends a glare at the employee who was inside the elevator, as if she’s telling her to get off the elevator because she owns her. The poor employee immediately goes out of the lift then bows to apologize.

            Jessica ignores it and angrily presses the button of the floor she wants to go to.

            “She just got here and she’s already defying me.” She mutters under her breath. She is mad because a little birdie told her that three of her employees have been doing things behind her back, without her permission.

            The elevator dings and she goes out in a hurry, she can’t wait to butcher the girl.

            “Where the hell is that paralegal!?”

            Everyone on the floor stops what they’re doing as they stare at Jessica, her voice boomed throughout the floor and it shivers down her employees’ spine. Everyone gulps at the sight of the big boss in her hell state.

            Seeing that no one was answering her, Jessica is about to lose it so she grabs someone by the hand and scares the crap out of her,

            “Where the hell is the paralegal?”

            The employee shakes in fright then answers, “I-I don’t know Miss Jung, I haven’t seen her yet. But her office is over there” she points to the empty office and looks down.

            She lets go of the girl and aggressively presses the up button for the elevator. She wants to see if Taeyeon and Sunny are in their respective places but she found no one.

            “Where the hell are the three of you?”

~~~~~~~~~~

            “Baby, uhn….”  Tiffany gasps when she feels Taeyeon’s hot breath near her ear. She was weak there, she’d go jelly once someone’s near that spot. She grips on the lawyer’s shoulder as Taeyeon slowly the lobe., “Hmn…”

            Taeyeon smirks at Tiffany’s sounds. She finds it y. No one’s ever made her this before and she isn’t even sure if this is just or was it making love. She captures the lobe between her teeth and nips on it.

            “Tae~” Tiffany was needy. She wanted Taeyeon somewhere else and not on her ear. She wanted to be on the bed too and not on the door, “God, Tae, please… the bed, Ah!” the younger girl yelps when Taeyeon bites a spot on her neck. She closes her eyes, anticipating Taeyeon’s every move. It’s as if the woman knows where to bite and .

            “You want the bed more?” Taeyeon smirks and lifts Tiffany up, making the younger girl wrap her legs around her.

            But Tiffany wanted more than just the bed. She wanted the lawyer there, down there, where it’s wet and hot. She tries to grind onto Taeyeon discreetly but it only makes Taeyeon smirk because of the desperation.

            The lawyer walked to the bed and has even thrown the paralegal to it. She hears Tiffany gasp when something hits the blanket.

            “You’re too excited, Fany.” Taeyeon chuckles and teases Tiffany more by landing butterfly kisses all over her body. At times, she and at times, she bites. Tiffany was just loving every sensation, it was making her clutch onto the sheets tighter. Taeyeon feels every flinch and it made her hotter, she went lower and lower…

“Aah, Taetae, please…”

            And lower until her breath hits the spot. Both were sweating so hard even through the cool room. She goes nearer and puts her tongue out, slowly until she hits the little nub.

            And you know what they say, nubs can make things open wide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “, I didn’t go home at midnight. ” Tiffany panics as she opens her phone. There were 90 missed calls from Yoona, Yuri and Mr. Hwang and 45 messages from the same people. She remembers what her father said before she went out with Sunny and face palms herself.

            “What are you saying there? Can’t you see that we have a major problem?” Taeyeon responds when she hears Tiffany mumbling to herself.

            “Just please, shut up, for once.” Tiffany rolls her eyes and decides to call her father to apologize.

            Taeyeon scoffs and checks for a socket so she could charge her phone. Once she opens her phone though, hundreds of messages go in, all from the same person. It’s Jessica. The lawyer opens one and gulps,

            Get your sorry in my office anytime today, Kim.

            “Hello dad?... Yes I’m fine, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to go home at midnight, things came up and Sunny needed my help… Yes, Miss Kim is already in her apartment… I will go home tonight, I promise. I’m sorry for worrying you all, I love you, dad.”

            Taeyeon was hearing everything, she shrugs because she doesn’t think she needs to know what Tiffany’s father was saying, maybe some father stuff, she figures. There is a far more important thing for her today and that is to find out what had happened last night.

            She closes her eyes and taps her head hoping that she’d remember something, hopefully but to her disappointment, there really is nothing. The last thing she remembers is seeing Sunny and Tiffany with Changmin.

            Tiffany on the other hand has cleared her mind after the call with her father. She sits back comfortably in her chair and remembers Taeyeon saying “I loved you” to her. She wonders if it’s real but it’s Taeyeon so anything can be not real.

            “What are you looking at?” She deadpans when she sees Taeyeon staring at her.

            “I’m wondering how your hickeys disappeared.” Taeyeon says as a matter of factly.

            “Duh. Make up.” Tiffany fishes out all sorts of cream from her bag and puts dots on her hands. She points to Taeyeon and motions for her to come closer.

            “What are those?”

            “Make-up. First time seeing it?” Tiffany rolls her eyes at how stupid Taeyeon is when it comes to girl stuff. She pulls Taeyeon’s collar which makes the lawyer fall and accidentally touches Tiffany’s legs. It makes both of them blush.

            As if nothing happened to them.

            “You ert.” Tiffany mouths. She puts the make-up on Taeyeon’s hickeys and rubs them hard, making Taeyeon close her eyes in pain,

            “Yah, yah you’re pressing on it too hard.” She complains.

            “Then put these on your hickeys if you don’t want me to put it.” Tiffany huffs and slaps Taeyeon with the make-up pouch.

            Taeyeon couldn’t believe the girl. She mumbles incoherent words to herself and rolls her eyes at the girl. She then fishes out some unnecessary make-up things and opens them like the innocent woman she is.

            Tiffany facepalms herself as the sight unfolds in front of her, “Jesus Taeyeon! That’s a lipstick! You don’t put it on your cheeks.”

            “I know!” Taeyeon shushes her then closes the thing, “Stupid lady thinks I don’t know these things.”

            Tiffany’s mouth opens as she hears Taeyeon call her stupid. The woman doesn’t even know what a lipstick is and she’s saying that Tiffany’s the stupid one?

            “Unbelievable.”

~~~~~~~~~~

            Sunny is almost awake and mumbling incoherent things which amuses Sooyoung to no end. She’s found Sunny unconscious so she brought her to her home so she can relax a bit from work. She learned that Taeyeon, Sunny and Tiffany are currently doing things to persuade Hyoyeon to testifying against Yunho but of course, she didn’t tell anyone because she knows that Taeyeon would hate her.

            “I had a dream…” Sunny sleepily mumbles, “Taeyeon and Tiffany were making out in public.” She rubs her eyes and it makes Sooyoung giggle.

            “No, that wasn’t a dream, sadly.” Sooyoung answers.

            “Who are you~”

            “I’m Sooyoung.”

            Sunny’s eyes shot open at the sound of the name. She immediately sits up and pulls the blanket near her chest. She stares at Sooyoung with wide eyes as if transmitting the unspoken question which Sooyoung seems to get.

            “No, nothing happened. You passed out last night so I brought you here.” Sooyoung explains then hands Sunny the hot chocolate.

            “Did you put milk in here?” The short girl asks,

            “Of course.”

            She takes a sip from the cup and can’t help but close her eyes at the taste. It was so delicious and warm and she wants more. She smiles at Sooyoung then holds the cup up,

            “Thanks.”

            “You’re welcome, Bunny.”

            “But where’s Tae and Tiff?”

            Suddenly, the thought of the two entered Sunny’s mind. She immediately puts the cup down on the bedside table and reaches for her phone to dial Taeyeon’s number but she is greeted by a much scarier text,

            Where the hell are you Sunny?

            “, I got to go now.” Sunny hurriedly gets out of the bed and looks at Sooyoung who was only watching her, “were you waiting for me?” she asks.

            “Yes, I was.” Sooyoung points to an ironed dress which was hanged in her closet, “I bought it because obviously, you need to change your clothes.” 

            “Thanks, Soo”

~~~~~~~~~

            Taeyeon’s and Tiffany’s hearts can’t seem to be silenced and calmed. If it weren’t for the car’s engine roaring, they would have heard each other’s erratic heartbeats. None of them seems to move on from what really happened and both of them are eager to know what really happened.

            Taeyeon is sure that they had .

            Tiffany isn’t sure if they made love.

            The only proofs they had were the hickeys which magically appeared in the morning. Taeyeon even accused Tiffany of cursing her and giving her all those bruises and hickeys.

            “Are you sure you didn’t curse me? I mean, between the two of us, you seem to be in love with me, you know.” Taeyeon frankly explains, her hands and fingers bothering Tiffany.

            Look at those fingers; we aren’t sure if that hand touched us. – Tiffany’s conscience

            “For the nth time Taeyeon, no I am not a wizard and no, I am not in love with you.”

            Taeyeon shakes her head, “Nuh-uh Hwang, your body seems to say otherwise.” The lawyer is referring to the kiss in front of the crowd.

            “Excuse me but I believe that you kissed me first!” Tiffany argues.

            “That’s what you believe in.” Taeyeon quips, “I believe you cursed me. But come on, Fany, we’re all entitled to our opinions.”

            “I can’t believe I’m talking to you.”

            “Uh-uh, that’s what you don’t beli----“

            “Shut up!”

            Taeyeon shrugs and decides to keep an eye on the road. As the approach the firm, Taeyeon’s grip on her wheel tightened. She is anxious. Jessica is not just angry and she’s never been this angry at her before. She can’t help but mentally cower in fear, like a dog.

            Then she remembers what Hyoyeon told her. She isn’t Jessica’s guard dog or any other dog. She’s a lawyer and she’s a good one.

            She parks her car at the spot dedicated to her then sighs. This is it, she has to face Jessica today or she’s going to lose her job. She sees Tiffany exit the car and she follows suit.

            “You should go in first.” She tells the paralegal and she gets a nod in return.

            She watches as Tiffany walks to the building and she checks for the time, obviously, they’re three hours late. She sees a familiar car about to park and sees Sunny inside. She raises an eyebrow, why is the girl with Sooyoung?

            “You, hurry and meet Jessica.” Sunny immediately drags her to the entrance before she can even say a word. “She isn’t just mad, Tae, she’s infuriated.”

            “I know. I’m actually scared to face her.” Taeyeon admits as she s the first two buttons of her blouse. This time, it isn’t to seduce Jessica, this time, it’s to cool Taeyeon down.

            “well, let’s all hope it goes well.”  As the elevator dings, Sunny goes the other way and Taeyeon takes a deep breath.

            She anxiously walks towards the office and prays to all the Gods that Jessica has calmed down. No one wants to deal with Hell Jessica because no one can stand it. It’s either you come out of the office alive or it’s either you come out there, fired.

            “Uhm, Hi Jessica.” Taeyeon sqeaks. She clears and repeats, “Hi Jessica.”

            Jessica immediately looks up at Taeyeon and the latter feels like she’s in a horror movie where she finally is confronting the ghost,

            “You are in big trouble, Kim.”

            “Uh, what did I do?” Taeyeon asks. Taking a seat on the couch in front of Jessica.

            “What did I tell you about Hyoyeon and Yunho?”

            Taeyeon awkwardly smiles then clears again, “Not to do anything.”

            “And what did you do?”

            “I did something.”

            “Yeah, and now, Hyoyeon is filing a suit against the firm.” Jessica deadpans.

            “B-but, I got it under control.”

            Jessica scoffs, “You got it under control?” she chuckles and walks to Taeyeon, “The woman is filing a suit against us and you tell me that you got it in control? What the hell Taeyeon! Will you stop being so confident about yourself? You keep on telling me that you’re the best closer in the country and yet here you are! You can’t even close a former employee!” Jessica growls, “Listen, Kim Taeyeon, you can’t close everyone which is why I try to control you as much as I can.”

            “But----“

            “And you even used your secretary and that new paralegal!”  Jessica faces her again and sends her a glare, “This thing was supposed to be between the two of us. I trusted you, Taeyeon!”  she exhales, “You know what, I should fire you.”

            Taeyeon gripped on the couch as she listens to Jessica’s words. It’s as if she’s being punished for being a bad dog. Hyoyeon was right, She purses her lips and closes her eyes, “So you think your firm can survive without me?” she finally answers back.

            “You can’t even close three-fourths of the cases this firm has closed if it weren’t for me!” She smirks when she sees Jessica unable to move, “You can’t fire me, Jessica because you’ll lose more than what you’re going to lose if I stay.” Taeyeon stands up, matching Jessica’s eye level, “But that ain’t my problem, right?” she chuckles like a mad woman, “Other firms will go after me, Jess but you and your firm? You’re going down.”

            “Not if I strip you off your license.”

            Taeyeon scoffs at the threat, “For what? Not following Jessica Jung?” she quips.

            Jessica grips on the pen she’s holding and clicks it. It’s a habit when she’s losing, “I’ll fire that paralegal and Sunny then.”

            “They go, I go.”

            Jessica stops on her track, unable to think of what and how to answer back. Taeyeon’s got her cornered.

            “We’re a package, Jessica.”

            Jessica is still mad but she admits that she can’t let Taeyeon go, especially now that Yunho is threatening to come back.

            “Fix your crap Kim Taeyeon or else I won’t hesitate next time. You, your secretary and the paralegal.”

             "What, Jessica? MY crap?" Taeyeon chuckles sarcastically as she looks at the other woman directly in the eyes, "This is your crap. You started this and I'm fixing it for you."