#oo7 - Unexpected

Chasing The Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my poor puppy!” Jiyeon exclaimed as soon as she saw her best friend entered her office with a mask covered her tired face. “Bae Suzy, you look really terrible.”

“I know.” Suzy sighed as she accepted Jiyeon’s hug. “I’ll try not to stress myself too much, but I just can’t help it.”

“You’re still taking the anti-depression pill?” The doctor asked in concern and the actress gave a tired nod. “You need to stop taking it. I’ve already advised you several times already. It’s bad for you.”

It was a secret that only the two of them. Suzy had been taking anti-depression pill for three years already and she found it really hard to sleep without it. These past weeks, she had tried to cut it off, but seeing the malicious comments online, she didn’t seem to be able to stop taking the pill at all.

“I’ve tired, but I felt like dying if I don’t take it.” Suzy sat down on the couch as she took off her mask. “I know that it’s bad for the baby, Jiyeon-ah, but I can’t go on without it.”

“Did Sangmoon know?” Jiyeon asked and seeing the hesitant expression of her best friend, she instantly got the answer. “He’s your family, Bae Suzy. You should have told him.”

“How can I?” Suzy hissed as she teared up. “How can I tell him that his sister is suffering from depression? Would he like that?”

“Gosh, you damn stupid lady!” Jiyeon huffed as she pulled Suzy into a hug. “Why are you being so selfless? Be selfish, you fool!”

“Would you tell your brother that you are having depression?” Suzy spat. “I bet my whole fortune that you won’t.”

“How much fortune do you have?” Jiyeon pulled back from the hug and looked at her best friend mischievously. “If you dare to bet on everything, I’m going to tell my brother.”

“Yah!” Suzy glared the doctor and pushed the latter’s shoulder playfully.

“Just trying to cheer you up!” Jiyeon shrugged with a small smile. “How’s your life? I saw that press conference and it caused quite an uproar.”

“I didn’t expect them as well.” Suzy sighed. “I made it clear that I don’t need his support, but never in my wildest imagination did I imagine that he would appear there. Turned out that his friend is one of the reporters there.”

“So, what are you going to do?”

“What else could I do?” Suzy sighed wearily. “Who would imagine that Bae Suzy will come to this point?”

“It’s not your fault.” Jiyeon said. “It’s the alcohol’s fault.”

“If I had been more careful, everything wouldn’t have turned out to be like this.” Suzy ran her fingers through her hair. “Do you want to know something? You’re going to freak out crazily if you know this.”

“Gosh, I hate you.” Jiyeon rolled her eyes. “Stop beating around the bush and tell me whatever you want to tell me. You know that you don’t have to ask me. I’m all ears.”

“Kim Myungsoo is Krystal’s boyfriend.”

“WHAT THE !” Jiyeon dropped her jaws in horror. “YOU MEAN THE KRYSTAL JUNG WHO WAS ON A BAD TERM WITH YOU THROUGHOUT THE HIGH SCHOOL?”

“Are you trying to destroy my eardrum?” Suzy sneered. “Yes, that Krystal. You have no idea how astonished I was when I knew it.”

“How do you know?”

“How else can I know?” Suzy shrugged. “He told me by his own mouth.”

Before Jiyeon could say anything, Suzy’s phone rang loudly and she fished it from her handbag, only to see the unknown ID caller flashed on her screen.

“Hold up!” She slid her thumb across the screen and answered the call. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Bae Suzy-ssi?”

“Yes, that’s me.”

“This is Myungsoo’s umma.”

It took Suzy at least an hour to arrive at the designated place where Myungsoo’s mother suggested. Standing in front of the luxurious restaurant, Suzy let out a sigh before making her ways towards the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter