#012 - What Mine is Mine

Chasing The Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month passed in a blink of eyes. Suzy was in her 4th month and Myungsoo’s break had come to an end. So, he had to return back to his work and he had to catch up with everything that he left for his personal secretary to catch up.

Well, since then, he rarely saw Krystal although he heard from his secretary that she usually visited his company for a meeting about the collaboration between his company and her workplace.

“That’s a great idea.” Myungsoo commented as one of the employees presented the outline about how the collaboration would go. “Who are we going to choose to be a presenter?”

Everyone got quiet as they glanced at each other cautiously and Myungsoo started to get a grasp of what they were trying to infer.

“You don’t have to mind me.” He told them. “Just say it!”

“Actually, every year, Suzy-ssi was our presenter since she was the main endorser of our company.” One of them spoke up. “But since her scandal blew up, I’m not sure…”

“I understand.” Myungsoo nodded in understanding. “I understand from your point of view. It’s kind of hard to bring her back because of the public’s reaction. Besides, I also don’t want her to work anymore since she is currently pregnant and I don’t want her to get stressed out. So, you guys can discuss and give me a list of possible presenters by this week.”

“Did you know about the upcoming collaboration?” Mrs. Kim asked her daughter in-law as they were enjoying a nice afternoon teatime.

“I know.” Suzy answered. Of course, she knew about it. She participated in every single event of J.Estina every single year as the endorser, but now things weren’t the same as before. “It’s this time of year again.”

“You must be feeling really regret.” The older lady sighed.

“It’s fine for me.” Suzy shook her head. In fact, she was really regretted. If not, because of the scandal, she would have been the presenter again this year. “Besides, I’m in my hiatus and I don’t have any plan to go back at all.”

“Because of the public’s reaction?” Her daughter in-law asked knowingly that she couldn’t help, but nodded slightly. “Time will heal everything. Sooner, people are going to forget about this.”

“I hope so.” Suzy sighed. “But it is not easy as we think it will be, omonim. Even if I returned back, this scandal will tag with me for the rest of my career and who know? It will affect you and Myungsoo as well.”

“I really want everyone to know how kind are you, Suzy-ah.” Mrs. Kim sighed and held her hands gently. “It pains me to know that you endured all the pain and criticism even though it’s not your sole fault.”

“It’s already happened, omonim.” Suzy smiled in return. “Everything happened for a reason. There might be a reason for why this all happened to me as well.”

“Sajangnim!” Myungsoo looked up as his secretary called him. “Krystal-ssi is asking to meet you. She wants to discuss with you about our upcoming collaboration.”

“Let her in.” He nodded and halted his work. The door opened, revealing Krystal who came in with a file of document. “It’s been a while.”

“It is.” Krystal smirked as she nodded before sitting down on the chair across him. “I’m kind of disappointed that I came to see you not as your girlfriend.”

“Why do you keep bringing the past again and again?” He laughed dryly and reached for the document that she handed her before looking through the content. “By the way, congratulation for promoting to be a team leader.”

“Thanks!” She said flatly. “As a token of gratefulness, my company is responsible for refreshment and catering during the event since your company is in charge of the venue.”

“Sure, that’s okay with me.” He nodded. “How have you been?”

“Physically well, but mentally distracted.” She answered. “And you know the answer.”

“We’re not talking about th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter