#010 - We Fight Ourselves

Chasing The Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm double updating today. If you just come here, go back to chapter 9. Thank you^^

The drive back home after the reception ended was filled with nothing, but awkwardness. The newlywed couple had already changed out of their wedding attire into their casual clothes. Suzy decided to call off the honeymoon abruptly right before the reception ended without giving any specific reason to Myungsoo.

Suzy had already moved her things into Myungsoo’s family mansion because of her now mother in-law’s request, leaving Sangmoon to live alone in their shared apartment.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo initiated a conversation as he couldn’t stand the awkwardness that they shared in which Suzy replied with a curt nod. “Suzy?”

“What?” She hissed in annoyance and snapped him a sharp glance. “Say whatever you want and don’t beat around the bush.”

“What’s wrong?” He asked. “You have been quiet all along since the wedding ended.”

“There’s nothing wrong.” She answered in a irritated tone. “If there’s anything wrong with me, it has nothing to do with you. After all, we’re just husband and wife on the paper.”

 “What’s exactly wrong with you?” He narrowed his eyes. “Why do you have to get angry?”

“Let’s not talk.” She closed her eyes and leaned her against the leather car seat as she turned her head away from him. “I don’t want to fight with you.”

“Samonim, doryeonnim and agashi have arrived.” Mrs. Kim smiled as she got on her feet at the news from her maid. Soon enough, Myungsoo and Suzy were seen side by side walking into the house and the Kim mother couldn’t help, but smiled at how good her children looked with one another.

“Umma, we’re here.” Myungsoo smiled as he gave her mother a hug in which Mrs. Kim tapped on her back gently.

“Omonim!” Suzy bowed as she smiled slightly, covering up her emotions under her smile.

“You must be tired, right?” Mrs. Kim asked warmly. “Go and get some rest!”

“Nae! Have a good night, omonim!” Suzy bowed and was about to proceed to her newlywed room when a maid stopped her.

“Agashi! There is a delivery for you this afternoon.” One maid informed her and handed he the box. “I was told to tell you that it was from your best friend.”

By the way, my gift will be delivered to your house tonight.

“Thank you!” Suzy smiled and accepted the box. Somehow, she didn’t feel good about this gift from her so-called best friend. “I’ll go to my room. Where is my room?”

“I’ll lead you there.” One maid spoke up.

“What are you doing?” Mrs. Kim hissed her clueless son. “Follow her!”

“Umma!” Myungsoo growled. “You know that we’re not in that kind of relationship. I’ll stay at the guest room.”

“Who say that husband and wife will be staying in a separate room?”

“Umma!”

Sitting down on the king-sized bed, Suzy inhaled a deep breath as she stared at the box uneasily. Her so-called best friend had never had any good intention towards her and she was sure that this gift wasn’t from a good intention as well.

She snapped her head to the door when she heard knocks and then Myungsoo came in. She avoided his gaze and proceeded to open her gift. Myungsoo was taking his accessory and coat as he looked at her through the reflection of the mirror.

“Who send you this gift?” He asked when he saw how Suzy opened the gift and closed it almost immediately with a shocked expression. “Why do you look so shocked?”

“It was from your girlfriend.” She inhaled sharply before tossing the box into the trash can. “Tell her that I’m sending her my gratefulness for her gift.” She made her ways to their shared walk-in closet. “I’m going to sleep in the guest room.”

Once she left the room, he picked up the box from the trash bin and opened the lid. He almost threw the box in shocked as he saw its content. There was a bloody female doll with a bloody knife right next to it.

It was from your girlfriend.

“Krystal?”

Tossing and turning in his sleep, Myungsoo sat up and heaved out a sigh. He had be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter