#015 - Crisis

Chasing The Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think I’m going to be home late tonight.” Myungsoo looked at his wife who was now quite good at tying his tie. “Don’t wait up for me and go to sleep first!”

“Alright!” Suzy nodded with a small smile. “Just don’t overwork yourself!”

“I know.” He replied with a sweet smile. “Do you have any plan today?”

“I think I’m going to hang out at Jiyeon’s.” She answered. “We decide to have a girl day out.”

“Do you want me to drop you off at her place?” He asked. “You shouldn’t be driving.”

“I’m not driving. Don’t worry!” She assured him with a small pat. “She is picking me up.”

“Have fun!” He ruffled her hair gently in which she flashed him a brief glare because she had already done her hair. “You’re so pretty, that’s why. I’m going, girlfriend.”

“Girlfriend?” She repeated with a frown. “I thought I was your wife?”

“I’m still courting you, so you are my girlfriend.” He stole a peck on her cheek which she lightly slapped him on his back. “Boyfriend is going.”

“Drive safely!”

“Alright! See you tonight!”

“Yah! Is something wrong with you?” Jiyeon asked teasingly, seeing how Suzy enthusiastically searched for various recipes on how to bake cake. “Yah! You don’t even know how to cook instant noodles properly and you’re trying to bake. If you want to eat, buy at the bakery.”

“Shut up!” Suzy scoffed. “It’s Myungsoo’s birthday soon. I want to bake him a cake as a present.”

“Bake a cake, my !” The doctor shook her head and lied down on the couch. “You haven’t once cooked for your brother and you want to bake a cake for your husband? Heol, I feel bad for your husband already for being your experimental rat.”

“Who say that he’s going to be my experimental rat?” Suzy smirked slyly. “I’m going to practice on someone else before baking it for him for real.”

“I pity Sangmoon already.” Jiyeon sighed and giggled. “Poor soul!”

“Pity yourself, bestie!” Suzy laughed. “Don’t try to waste your breathe pitying someone else.”

“It’s not like I’m going to taste tester.” Jiyeon rolled her eyes before sitting up straight when she realized something. “! Don’t tell me that I’m going to be your taste tester. Yah! Don’t joke around!”

“You were the one to pick me up earlier, right?” Suzy smiled sweetly, but her tone said otherwise, it’s more like a threat. “So, to thank you, I’m baking you a cake.”

“Yah! Bae Suzy!”

“Yah! You’re decent at cooking.” Suzy hissed. “Teach me, then!”

“What have I done in my past life to deserve this?” Jiyeon groaned desperately. “Out of all people, why me?”

Stretching his neck side to side, producing a faint cracking sound, Myungsoo heaved out a sigh as he dropped himself on his rotatable leather chair and rubbed his temples. His whole morning was filled with meetings and all he wanted was to go back home.

Suddenly, his gaze landed on a box on his coffee table that he was supposed to bring it back to its owner. He sighed and glanced at the hanging clock on his wall. It was almost his lunch break.

“Well, it’s better to end it now than to drag it on longer.” He sighed and fished out his phone before dialing a number. “Are you going to come for the meeting this afternoon? Let’s meet before the meeting. I have something to give to you.”

“Aish! What’s wrong with this thing?” Suzy groaned when she saw the clumps in her cake batter that looked just like curd separated from the liquid. “What did I do wrong again?”

“Yah! I doubt you’re able to cake by the sunset.” Jiyeon mocked. “You’re not going to make it. Just buy the one that already made at bakery!”

“It’s your fault.” Suzy scoffed childishly. “You should have at least one box of cake mix in your house. If you do, I don’t have to make it from scratch. See what happen?”

“It looks gross.” Jiyeon frowned and stirred the batter heartlessly. “Just give up!”

“I’m not giving up.” Suzy washed her hands before taking Jiyeon’s apron off her body. “We’re making it again when we’re back. Let’s stop at the grocery store and b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter