Kissing Lesson

A New Anthology

"Unnie... How was your first kiss?"

Soojung chokes violently on her iced latte and Mijoo almost cut her hand instead of slice of tiramisu she's been eating.

"Who started first? When and where? How did you build up the mood? How did it feel? Did you use tongue?"

"Yah!!"

"Why are you asking such inappropriate question kiddo?!" If Soojung doesn't hold her, Mijoo probably would really cut Yein with cake knife.

"Well." The barely legal girl just plays with her straw innocently, as if her previous question was totally normal. "See.. I've been with Sujeong for almost a month. But that dummy anpanman is slow! I decided to make first attempt but she kept avoiding it whenever I got closer to her. So I guess maybe I need to correct my way to initiate the kiss!"

"You need to correct your head!" Soojung cries, mouth gaping wide and her face all red. "You are still too young!"

"Weren't Mijoo unnie still a minor too when you two got together?" Yein counters, effectively checkmating both older girls.

"Oh! If you two are too shy for theory explanation we can just go with the actual practice! It will be easier to understand!"

"Are you crazy?!"

But Yein is already on her feet, excitedly skittering to Mijoo and Soojung's side for better view. "It's fine there's nobody else here! Now kiss!" She grabs their back, pushing them to collide with each other.

"Hell no!" Mijoo shoves her while Soojung abruptly stands up and flees.

The two older girls soon take their leave, not forgetting to throw some more scolds before, something like just be patient and don't do anything indecent.

Nevertheless, it's not for Yein to just give up like that.

——————— 

"Tomorrow, 8 AM as usual?"

Soojung drops her phone inside her black backpack, getting ready to leave Mijoo's car. "Yes. Don't be late again please, my class is early."

"Roger that, ma'am!" Mijoo laughs at her pouting girlfriend, who just had to run late this morning because she didn't pick her up on time.

They stay still even after the younger unlocked the door. Grasping how their looks mirroring each other's desire, Mijoo leans in, eyes fluttered shut and head tilted slightly. Their lips are some millimetres apart, then Soojung hits her face.

"Ow! Ow! What the hell?!" Mijoo groans loudly. Soojung points at something on the window right behind her with shocked expression, so she jerks around...

And finds Jung Yein.

Mischievously waves her hand, gesturing go on at them.

"Oh my ing God!"

The car's door slammed open revealing two angry unnies and Yein quickly runs away while cackling.

——————— 

"Did I miss something good?"

Mijoo yawns, stirring in Soojung's lap and rubbing bleary eyes. Credit title running on huge theatre screen before them.

Maybe it wasn't a right decision to watch rom-com flick on their date today - one day after both of them had difficult test on their respective class. Just as Soojung has expected, even before the movie reached end of its exposition, the exhausted girl already dozed off. Good thing that they'd reserved couple seats with no armrest in between, so when Soojung glanced over and found her girlfriend bobbing and eyes fluttering shut, she chuckled then easily brought Mijoo's head down to her lap.

"Nothing important. Just some cheesy scenes and overly dramatic ending." Soojung plays with Mijoo's long hair. "It's more interesting to watch you drooling than the movie, honestly. You have to wash my jeans later."

"Liar. You love to stare at my pretty face, don't you?"

"That I do."

Soojung bends down, aiming for the younger's lips, but the second later it's forehead that connected sharply with .

"Jung Yein?!!" Mijoo shrieks, almost fell to the floor in rash attempt to sit up.

Half of Yein's face appears behind narrow gap between seats in front of them, throwing naughty grin before hastily bolting to the nearest way out.

"Yah come back here!" Soojung yells, still rubbing painful jaw. "I swear I'll beat the of of that brat!"

——————— 

"Yein-ah, we know you're there. Come out!"

After the second incident, they've learned well to detect the petulant child's presence. Behind some bushes near their table on an outdoor restaurant where they're having dinner, for example.

"Oops. You got me." Soojung and Mijoo sigh simultaneously when Yein's figure coming into vision, long-suffering expression on their faces.

"So, just ignore me and resume with the kiss, will you?"

"NO."

——————— 

Tired with all the commotion, Mijoo is already on verge of giving up.

"Here, just tilt your face like this so you won't bump each other's nose. Be gentle and don't open your mouth immediately you're not going to devour her, and..."

Soojung whacks both of them.

"What did I say about not being bad influence?!"

"Sorry." Mijoo mumbles sheepishly.

"Yein-ah!" Soojung takes a seat beside Mijoo, voice turning serious. "I understand your curiousity about this. But first kiss isn't just a kiss. It could ruin everything if you do it wrong.."

"That's why I've been asking you two how's the right way!" Yein whines cutting the sentence.

"That's why you should take thing slowly!" Once again Soojung wails. "Kissing isn't something you should rush or need to be stressed over. If Sujeong tried to avoid it, I guess she's not ready yet. You maybe can't really expect when, but just wait for her."

"You think so?" Yein asks, slightly flustered.

"Back then we also didn't go straight away making out once we got together." Mijoo adds. "You said your Sujeong is slow, mine here was really old fashioned.." She gets another smack on arm.

"However! Don't worry about that too much, really! You two just started, you have all the time in the world." Ignoring her girlfriend's scowl ("See? Old fashioned and violent!") Soojung's now giving wise, comforting look at the youngest. "And it's actually easier than you've ever imagined. There's no such thing as ‘right’ way to kiss, you'll only find out your personal preference by yourselves later."

"Yep!" Lee Mijoo never learned her lesson. "Who knows as someone who are super shy, she's actually.. Her tongue and hands aren't quite so polite during kissing."

Yein winces at the sound of more slaps and painful hollers.

——————— 

Yein's first kiss eventually happens a week later when she's least expecting it, just as Soojung has said.

Two of them just finished school and like usual Sujeong was walking Yein home. They talked about how delicious the waffle they were eating, they talk about excruciating chemistry class and that one annoying teacher nobody ever like. Everything seemed so ordinary, not even one single thing about romance was brought up until they reached destination, and Sujeong bid goodbye, and Yein is about to go inside.

That's when she hears the elder's footsteps halt.

"Yein-ah."

When she turns around, Sujeong is ten feet apart. Approaching back to the porch in slow pace, Yein can see intense determination in her eyes. Is she going to...

Sujeong presses their lips gently, one hand on Yein's waist and the other sliding to the back of her head, carding her sleek hair. As natural as breathing, Yein pulls their bodies closer and reciprocates the kiss with delight.

"Wow, it's not as hard as I thought..." Sujeong whispers, still clinging at the younger tightly, she tries to slow down the pitter-patter on her heart.

"Indeed." Yein nods in agreement. "And it feels great."

They look at each other for a brief moment, then leans forward to steal more kisses.

——————— 

"What now?"

It's been awhile Yein didn't try anything funny to interrupt Soojung and Mijoo's date anymore, so they resolved she'd taken their advice well and let the highschooler hang around them just like before.

But today as they are having late lunch together, the sly glints in Yein's eyes are suddenly there again, and the couple glance at her warily.

"Unnie."

"Yes?"

"How did you make love for the first time?"

This time, Soojung doesn't hold Mijoo back when the tall girl jumping from her seat to strangle Yein.