Orbit

A New Anthology

"Unnie! Do you think this one would go well with my blouse?" Yein skitters into the room and towards Myungeun - she's been doing so for over an hour now, going back and forth the short haired girl and her own bedroom for some fashion advices, and this time, while holding up a soft teal skirt. 

Myungeun barely opened to comment, and before any words manage to come out, Yein's already badgering with even more questions.

"Do you think she would love to see me in skirt or pants? Or maybe it's better if I wear one piece? The one we bought together last spring, what about that? I guess she's more into feminine type... Oh my god what to do!"

"Hey, calm down a bit, will you?" Myungeun sighs at her panicked friend.

"I can't this is my first date with..."

"Yeah yeah I already knew no need to repeat your speech!" She cuts in. This Yein's dream girl is a famous dance instructor in college, has super gorgeous smile, perfect sense of humor, very kind, they've hung out together casually several times but this is first official date ever; the informations has been carved deeply onto Myungeun's mind. Yein has been rambling about it 3245334 times since days ago, and she's been getting same aching sensation in her chest for 3245334 times everytime the younger mentioned how excited she is for tonight's event.

"Yein-ah. I think you should just go with your own style.. Whatever that makes you comfortable." Shaking away the sickening thought of herself being alone waiting for someone who would never love her back, Myungeun offers the best smile she can fake. "If she really likes you, then she would accept you no matter what you're wearing."

"Besides, you look good in anything." Myungeun's maybe not an expert wardrobe consultant and her opinion's maybe a subjective one, but it isn't lie. Yein is true beauty, and even that is an understatement.

"Are you sure?" The girl slightly perks up.

"Yes. Now let's just not being too picky and go shower. Or else you'll be late."

Yein goes back to her own room, shouting a loud thank you to Myungeun before close the door behind her.

——————— 

Myungeun leans against the door frame of their shared dorm to see Yein off some moments later. She says some encouraging words like a common best friend should, giving an approving thumb up for the other girl's choice of loose silky blouse, denim shorts highlighting her long, looong legs, plus comfy ballerina pump shoes with little heels - not overly feminine nor too tomboy-ish like her usual daily look. They hug, exchanging good luck! with good bye!, then Yein spins on her heels, walking away from their home. But at last, Myungeun can't stop .

"Yein-ah!" Can you not leave? Someone who loves you more than anybody else is here... I am here...

"Yes?"

"... Don't overthink, and just enjoy your date, okay?"

——————— 

Myungeun knows she shouldn't do this. This has nothing to do with her, this is an inappropriate act, bordering to stalkerish even, but once again, she just can’t tell herself to stop. Like a celestial body revolves around its planet, like the Moon orbits Earth; Myungeun can never leave Yein. When the younger didn't come home past dinner time, worries dragged Myungeun to the place she’s standing now, hidden behind trees, just few steps from the cafe where Yein and her date are having meal after watching movie.

"Shall we go now?"

"Oh wait a minute."

Myungeun immediately stoops herself lower once she faintly hears Yein's voice. The pair just went out of the cafe, and she forlornly stares at her object of affection, happier than ever expression on Yein's face, bright smile that will never be addressed to Myungeun, one hand entwined to her girlfriend while the other fishing a phone out of her bag then typing something very quickly.

They disappear into a car parked not far from the entrance as Myungeun's phone buzzes inside her pocket. She already knows who sends and what the message would be, her heart tells to not read and erase it right away - but of course, Myungeun doesn't. She slouches to the ground, phone clutched tightly in her hand, and eyes hot with tears.

Myungeun unnie! I'll come home very late tonight, don't wait for me, okay? ;)

——————— 

Yes I'm a very terrible person who wrote YeJin unrequited love during their birthdays please kill me .__.