souljoo drabbles

A New Anthology

Here are some short drabbles for filler because I don't know when will my long one-shots get finished ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Honestly speaking I've been in a slump these past months, kept starting new stories but then unable to finish them, it made me frustrated a lot >_<


 

x-men au

The girl with strawberry blonde hair standing by Professor Xavier's favourite tree is cute. Very cute.

And that's a nice she got..

Mijoo tries not to look so eager as she strides breezily towards the girl, waving in friendly manner. "Hi!"

"I've never seen you before. New to Xavier's School?" Cute girl nods shyly. Mijoo grins wider, extending her hand for a shake. "My name's Mijoo."

"Lee Soojung. I just moved into X Mansion last week." Cute girl - Lee Soojung - smiles back, moving a bit aside to give some space for Mijoo to leans against the gigantic tree next to her.

"So.. What kind of power you got?" She asks.

"It's actually not that special..." But if anything, Mijoo's expression is a haughty one, trying to look as impressive as possible while she extrudes three alloy claws from each of her knuckle.

"Adamantium, strongest metal on earth, indestructible, can cut any known solid material. I almost died during the fusion process." She winks, feeling over the moon when Soojung exclaims oooh in amazement. 

"What about you?" This new girl's probably just able to burst little fire, or fly few meters above the land, or pass through the wall... That's what Mijoo thought - and she actually doesn't really care since her brain is already busy weighing some first date ideas for this Saturday; head to a theme park, watch movie, or maybe visit street food festival held in downtown area every weekend. If anything goes smoothly then they can proceed to....

I'm a telepath. I read and control people's mind.

"Wow. Sounds cool."

But soon Mijoo realizes she hears Soojung's answer inside her head. She stares unblinkly at the shorter girl, slack-jawed and cheeks go crimson.

Unfortunately, this Saturday I'll be going to my sister's place. But I'm free on Sunday if you want to hang out. Thanks for your compliment about my by the way.

 


 

“Y'know.. You guys are messing with sleeping, drunk, lion. And by the time she’s sober enough to chase you one by one, maul you to painful, bloody death, I don’t hear or see anything.” But that warning comes out a little half-hearted from Jiae, and there’s no stopping the maknae line once a mischievous prank idea strikes their mind.  

“Oh no, she’s so gonna thank us later after they get together! Don’t you see those two got metaphorical I love you written on their faces all this time but too stupid to confess!” Yein snickers, Sujeong takes as many photos as she can, and Myungeun instructs Jisoo to draw more hearts. “We’re helping by literally write it in her face.”

If they get together.” Kei rolls her eyes. “Jesus Christ this is awful!”

“This is awesome!” Of course. Because the maknaes believe that causing others pain and shame just for fun is their duty as human being.

———————  

Mijoo laughs. Soojung doesn’t know why – doesn’t even know if this is reality or part of her drunk-induced hallucination, but upon entering her room Mijoo’s been laughing uncontrollably like complete looney for good two minutes.

“Unnie, is that what you want to tell me?”

“... I want to tell you.. What?” The leader is utterly, dumbly, cutely confused.

“Yein said you have something... Oh, never mind. Look over here.” Mijoo struggles to not burst out even more as she gestures Soojung to look at the mirror.

I love Lee Mijoo. There’s freak who apparently doesn’t cherish their life dared to write I love Lee Mijoo on her forehead. Bold. All caps. Bright red. She also has some pink little hearts here and there all over her face.

“,” is the first curseword Soojung says. Many more are following right after.

“Anyway, jokes aside..” Giving Soojung backhug, is the first thing Mijoo does, as soon as she manages to tone down the roaring cackles into small giggles. “I love you too, Soojung unnie. Very much. Be my girlfriend, will you?" 

 


 

"No, no, no! !” Mijoo wails in frustration, punching her keyboard when the screen turns into two rows of icons and her hero is marked with red X. Even with loud gunshot and explosion sound effects blaring throughout the room, extraordinary noises she’s making still manages to gain plenty of attentive glares from another gamers in that PC Bang.

“You lose again?” Curious Sujeong appears peeking from thin partition between their cubicles.

“Who the is this...” The angry girl paused briefly, checking killfeed on the right corner of her screen, “Baby Soul?!” and goes bewildered even more reading such name.

“Goddamnit what kind of baby plays fps game I need to have some words with their parents!! This person has killed me for the third time today! I..”

“I am Baby Soul.” Mijoo’s mouth clamps shut when she feels a hand nudging her shoulder, followed by rather soft female voice. Spinning their chair, both her and Sujeong find a short, so short – and so pretty, that’s what Mijoo notices first – girl stares down at them with arms folded and icy expression.

“I’m sorry that I eliminated you many times and my Pharah happened to be better than your Reinhardt.” Pair of dimples can be seen even when she just smirks a little. “I have a few advices for you, by the way.”

“It looks like to me that you’re not knowing this game requires solid teamwork and only pursue individual glory. As tank you’re supposed to protect your teammates, not singling out and chasing down one particular target! It’s wasting time, Reinhardt isn’t even fast, lacks of range attack options, and rather vulnerable when he’s alone. Also, you need to try out more heroes instead of being obsessed with only one! Swapping characters sometimes would help solving what seems like unwinnable battle.”

Sujeong blinks, mouth slightly gaping during the whole speech, during the weirdest one minute ever in her life, where an unknown girl just dictated what she believes is full paragraph quoted from some Overwatch heroes guide book.

“I think she’s crazy.” Sujeong mumbles the moment Baby Soul goes back to her seat not too far from theirs.

But from the look on her eyes, Mijoo surely doesn’t think the same.  

“She’s so cute! Is this what people call love at the first sight..”

“..... I forgot you’re crazy as well.”

———————  

“Excuse me.”

Baby Soul glances over her shoulder when someone, girl with round eyes and very squishable cheeks, comes approaching her cubicle.

“What? If your friend wants to re-match I’d be happy to beat the outta her again.”

“Nah, unfortunately, she’s no longer interested in that game.” Sujeong replies diplomatically, shoving a paper with a phone number written in it to Baby Soul. “She wants to invite you out on a date.”

 


 

!! trigger warning !!

“Bring her in.”

They grate Soojung’s ears; noise of heavy wooden door being pushed open, gust of wind, sound of someone being dragged harshly along the hall then sent face-down onto a wide space just before the throne, and indignant voice of her father.

“How filthy.” Her father, the highest archangel, says.

He slowly turns to Soojung, expectant look on his eyes. “By capturing this demon, you have proven yourself worthy, my dearest child. Thus, I’m granting you this honor to also end her life with your own hands.”

Two archangels grab the demon princess by shoulders and yank her into kneeling position in front of Soojung. Their eyes meet for a moment, crimson orbs stare deeply into azure ones, and Soojung’s heart breaks into pieces.

In retrospect, they both have already knew it, that everything would come down to this. Soojung is the only daughter of highest archangel, Mijoo is demon princess who's, based on the prophecy, believed to possess strong power and one day would bring the world to its end.  

Love between them is impossible, one would say. But behind all those dark attire, behind black wings contrasting her white ones, Soojung found heart purer than anyone else’s. And she fell in love not long after their first meeting in a planet called earth.

How could this woman deemed the greatest evil, Soojung has no idea. Maybe it’s true that a book should never be judged by its cover; besides little prankish behaviour, the Mijoo she knows cannot hurt even a single smallest soul. Someone who laughed like excited little kid while they were playing with group of fluffy animals in the forest, and eventually made the angel laugh too. Her lips felt soft and sweet against Soojung’s. Her eyes, though as red as blood, displayed nothing but sincere affection. And Soojung can’t find any reason for not wanting to spend all centuries by her side, even if it means opposing the whole world that are trying to pull them apart.

———————  

“Soojung, go!”

“No I’ll never come back to the palace!” Soojung shook her head vehemently. “We should run to earth, they wouldn’t find us down there, we can hide for awhile and start our...”

She stopped rambling when both of them sensed an army of archangels were already very near. Without warning, Mijoo snatched Soojung’s weapon, stabbing it into her own leg, then casting a spell towards her lover.  

“It’s gonna be alright..” 

Those words, along with sad smile, was the last thing Soojung remembered before everything out.

———————

When she’s awake a day later, Soojung found herself praised as hero by everyone. Demon princess attempted to kidnap Soojung, but failed and in the end got defeated, was the words spreaded throughout the kingdom.

Alone in her room, she couldn’t stop crying.

———————  

Soojung stands up, walking down the throne and towards the woman she loves most with long sword wielded firmly on her right hand. People in audience watch proudly, oblivious to the fear and desperation coursing through her.

When the archangel raises her sword right above her head, Mijoo shuts her eyes. Waiting for death to claim her. But it doesn’t come as fast as she thought. Instead, an angel voice whispers into her ear.

“I love you, now, and in the next life too. No matter how long it takes, I will find you. And this time, we will be together, I promise.”

Soojung s the blade right at Mijoo’s heart. Then – much to everyone’s absolute horror – pulls it out and stabs herself on the chest as well.

 


 

original version of this fic, I expanded the story and it became Soul's birthday fic (^_^)

"So, if you get to spend a romantic night with me - the hottest woman alive, just fyi - which position do you want to try out?" Mijoo says, smile stretches wide across her face. Full of confidence and gorgeous and oh, how Soojung wants to slap some sense into this big mouthed beauty.

"I would choke you to death."

"Ooh.. Feisty!" Mijoo chirps, faking a scared expression.

"Hey, I think you might want to try your luck with another girl who's willing to hear those crappy flirtations instead."

"But I don't need another girl." Mijoo sulks rather childishly. But then her face turns more solemn as she continues. "I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, but I actually like you a lot. As in, I want us to go out and..."

"Me too." Soojung says, and at first Mijoo doesn't notice because the words come out as half-mumble.

"... I'll make you happy then we maybe can get married and.. Wait, what?"

"I like you too." Soojung smirks as Mijoo now can only gape widely.

"I've been waiting for you to speak up seriously." She closes their distance, tiptoeing slightly so her lips can reach the tall girl's. "Next time, just say what you want straight out and quit being weird, you silly cheeseball."

 


 

A month post breakup, Seo Jisoo walks home from college all by herself on Friday afternoon. Woe of having relationship with someone from same circle of friends, awkwardness kicks in as soon as they are separated. No more TGIF (window) shopping spree, no more weekend get-together.

And though her ex, Jiyeon, had offered friendship, Jisoo just doesn’t think she can ever go back to that stage once again – not if it means she have to sit on the friendzone seat watching Jiyeon moves on and gets along well with Sujeong.

Low meowing sound comes from somewhere near her feet, then Jisoo spots big calico cat she recognizes as the one often lolling around her neighborhood. She squats down, patting the feline’s soft head and smoothing its fur.

“Kitty-ah, I don’t have any food now. Sorry.” It only purrs, enjoying being affectionately.

“Hey, are female cat hard to be understood too? Just like human?” Jisoo asks, absentminded.

“They are. There’s this cat who lives just few blocks from here named Soul, I’m in love with her since forever ago yet she never even looked at me. So I feel you, homo sapiens.”

“Oh you poor thing – OH MY GOD!”

Jisoo falls back on her rear, eyes widens in shock at the cat... The cat that is speaking to her.

“You… How could you… Did you just talk?” She stammers, dragging herself a feet away.

“And did you just understand?” Somehow this cat’s eyes gleam with amusement instead of amazement.

“I must be dreaming.. Ouch! What was that for?!” Jisoo yells angrily when she gets scratched.

“Helping you realize that this is reality.” Cat shrugs, then wink obnoxiously. “Anyway.. I am Mijoo. Let’s be friends, human.”

———————

well this is not really Souljoo (^_^;)

 


 

hp au

“Wow, yours looks great!” Seulgi cranes her neck to Mijoo’s dark silver cauldron, where iridescent liquid is bubbling slowly, emitting spiraling steam and, for her, the scent of seaside breeze. “It’s exactly as the description!”

During six years they’ve been attending Potions class together, the one and only time Lee Mijoo ever seemed to pay full attention in their professor's lecture is this day when they are scheduled to learn how to make Amortentia, the most powerful love potion ever.

“Very good! Absolutely very good, Miss Lee Mijoo!” Their professor skitters among tables towards the group of three – Mijoo, Seulgi, and Irene, stirring a bit, then giving the most thrilled nods of approval. None of them had ever imagined that this moment would come where Mijoo gets praised for anything beside throwing Quaffle into the hoop precisely.

“Hmm.. I smell detergent! Laundry that’s just been removed from the dryer!”

“Mijoo, what do you smell?” Seulgi asks, pointedly ignoring Irene.

“Woody scent of my Firebolt’s handle! Pumpkin juice, and… Hm, mixture of violet and vanilla and… something musky?”

Seulgi blinks. Woody smell of her broomstick, not a surprise. Her best friend is captain of Gryffindor's Quidditch team after all. But pumpkin juice? It’s very common drink they consume almost every day and in every occasion, what’s so special about that? And for Merlin’s sake just what is mixture of violet and vanilla and something musky?

———————  

She finds the answer not long after, on her way to the Great Hall to get something for dinner. Seulgi brushes past few Hufflepuffs, and imaginary lightbulb above her head turns on right away when one certain girl smells exactly like violet and vanilla and musk.  

Lee Soojung, seventh year, prefect, as well as seeker of Hufflepuff, brilliantly smart; Seulgi recognizes. She also remembers seeing the two were chatting over pumpkin juice several times, during breakfast just after Hufflepuff early morning training session. No wonder that dimwit suddenly became morning person, Seulgi snorts.

“Hi there! Lee Soojung?” The short girl turns around, and now that Seulgi is seeing up close, she is indeed pretty.  

“Uh.. Actually, our class just had a lesson on how to brew Amortentia today. So if one of these days Gryffindor Mijoo ever gives you any kind of food or beverages, becareful and take it with consideration, okay?" Seulgi grins. "You and her would make cute couple, by the way.”

 


 

“I don’t understand.”

There’s inescapable hurt in the look Mijoo is giving Soojung now. From the way she’s dressed herself and wearing makeup a little bit too fancy for usual daily look, Soojung guesses Mijoo probably had elatedly assumed this would be another date. And instead, this is what she get, announcement that the leader wants to breakup.

Remnants of last night flash inside Soojung’s head; how those luscious figure sprawled across the bed, vulnerably open just for her, strands of hair messily sticked into pretty face, ragged voice whispered right at her ear, begging for more. Soojung’s still able to locate every mark she’d imprinted all over the other girl’s skin even when it’s all concealed behind thick fabric of her turtleneck.

But then again, Soojung also remembers what their company’s director had said to her.

“Someone saw you two went into hotel.” He sighed heavily. “I’ll let you go this time just because we are family, but if you get caught once again…”

“You said you love me!” The tall girl hollers, her voice breaking, and so does Soojung’s heart. “You said it’s gonna be okay…”

I do love you.  

I am okay no matter how they want to torture me.  

But I can’t let our band, eight dreams and eight smiles, get crushed into pieces just because of me.

“I lied.” She lies.

Soojung wishes Mijoo would just hit her, but no, she does something worse; cries and leaves her.

 


 

“Why are you so big…” Seven years Soojung panted, struggling to walk straight while carrying Mijoo on her small back. “And so heavy.. And idiot…”

She had quickly dashed to the school’s backyard once she heard the younger girl was fighting with group of insolent kids from their class. Four fainted boys, bruises on knees and arms, one black eye, and victory sign welcomed Soojung when she arrived.

“They called you ugly…” Mijoo pouted, arms clinging tightly around Soojung’s shoulders. “Nobody allowed call you ugly!”

Soojung shook her head, letting out an indignant sigh, even though her cheeks actually turned a bit pink.

“Why do I love a big dummy like you…”

———————  

“Why are you so big… And heavy…” Soojung totters down the alley to her house, hefting Mijoo up her back for the umpteenth time. “… And really stupid.. And drunk..”

“I have every ing right to be drunk today!” Mijoo says, then hiccups.

“Today.” Hiccups. “Is.” Hiccups. “My birthday.” Giggles.

“You’re out of your mind...”  

“Well you don’t care, do you?!” Suddenly Mijoo whines loudly. “It’s my birthday but my girlfriend doesn’t remember at all!” Her voice raises few octaves as though announcing an urgent news to the whole world, and Soojung can only pray none of their neighbor is around to see or hear them.

“God! Be quiet, can you?!”

They finally reach home, and Mijoo slowly wriggles down Soojung’s back so the shorter girl can find her key and open the door. Two of them stumble into living room, then when the light is switched on, Mijoo gasps in surprise.

“I didn’t forget, there’s no way I’d forget! I’m just trying to give you a surprise..”  

Mijoo rubs her eyes few times, but they aren’t vanished into thin air, so this is not dream; on the table is a bottle of wine and maroon ring box and huge cake. And it doesn’t say only Happy Birthday.

“I wonder why I want to propose to you..”

Happy birthday! Let’s get married and grow old together!

 


 

“… and I really really hope they still have that one I saw two weeks ago – ow!” Jisoo’s nose bumps with the back of Mijoo’s head when the slightly taller girl suddenly halts in their track around the lingerie store. She is about to complain, but stops when a familiar figure spotted in the cashier.

That person wears baseball cap and keeps looking down the whole time she’s completing payment, but there’s no mistake…

“Isn’t it Soojung unnie?!” Jisoo gapes widely. “Is she buying something?”

Mijoo watches her girlfriend timidly nods towards the smiling shopkeeper, stuffing the shopping bag containing whatever she just bought inside her huge backpack, before leaving the shop in speed that seems inhumane. Sly grin then appears on Mijoo’s face.

“Well.. I’ll see tonight.” Mijoo has never been more excited for her birthday night.

 


 

“Mijoo.. What do you like about me?”

It’s eight in the morning, and Mijoo replies the first question of this day with big yawn.

“Why you ask?” Her voice is gruffer than usual due to sleepiness. She lazily rolls over their queen-sized bed to Soojung, who then greets her good morning with light peck on the forehead.

“I’m just curious that’s all.”

“You’re reading netizens’ mean comments again, aren’t you?” The younger girl tuts, eyeing the laptop on their bedside desk. There are only very few occasions where the leader puts down her strong image and becomes the soft-hearted little girl she truly is; when she’s alone with Mijoo is one of them.

“Hm.” Mijoo finally sits up. She squints a little, scanning all features of the girl sitting in front of her with the most serious expression she can muster at 8 AM, before launches to a very, very long speech…

“First of all, you’re cute - don’t ever try to say otherwise because you are. I love the feeling of your long hair when I run my fingers through it. I love your eyes, when they crinkle as you laugh, it’s really pretty. And your dimples, because… Holy , who doesn’t like your dimples? I love your talking voice, I love your singing voice even more. When you rap, it’s like the coolest thing ever. But I also love it when we’re just being together in silence. I love your short legs - you’re short but I think two of us are in perfect height for kissing, aren’t us? I love those little jumpy moves you make everytime you’re excited. I love the way you always threaten to choke or kick or tackle me. I love how rare you do skinship or say I love you out loud to me because you save it for special moments. I love how you always do small things for me and it screams I love you louder than anything else…”

Along with every reason, Mijoo holds out one finger, like a pre-school child learning how to count; until she realizes it’s impossible to do that because apparently, Mijoo only has ten fingers on her hands and Soojung has more than one hundred good things that make her fall in love.

“… I love you because you’re different, you’re better than anyone else who are just beautiful by world’s standard.” She entwines their fingers together, smiling at how perfectly fit they are. “I love you because you are you.”

Soojung’s only reply is to pull her down into a kiss. Slow and soft and without any sweet talking. And it’s okay, because Mijoo loves Soojung this way.

———————  

Mijoo always thinks Soul is cute (♥_♥)  1, 2

 


Thanks for reading! I'll be back with more serious story (hopefully) soon (^_^)