Temptation

A New Anthology

Sorry. You have insufficient funds available.

"."

Myungeun sighs, stabbing with her finger the 'no' button below Do you want to perform another transaction? question - which she deems dumb. What another transaction could you do if the balance left on your savings is less than five bucks? The machine spews out her ATM card, Myungeun retrieves and shoves it back inside her bloated purse filled with unsend love letters meant for her senior which she has never found courage to even finish writing.

Since first year of high school four years ago.

(Yes you got it right, Myungeun is a hopeless.)

Anyway. It's not that strange anymore for Myungeun to have streak of terrible luck in a day - and today is one of them. This morning she had woken up late which led her to run without breakfast to 10 AM class. On her way there she'd unconsciously stepped on either cat or dog's poop and only realized it later after everyone in ten feet radius got nasty look pointed at her. Not long ago when she was finally out of classroom, brain-fried and hungry and stink as hell, Myungeun spotted Soojung - 'the senior' - with their campus' heartthrob Jung Yein in the cafetaria, enjoying lunch together like some couple from tooth-rotting romcom. (And her? She's the cameo which existence is at the same level as sprinkle of dust and would never be noticed by senpai.)

No dignity, no money, no girl.

To sum in one word, Park Myungeun's life .

So what now? She doesn't have any friends whom she could ask for a loan, and Myungeun knows she would cause worry to her old pop in the countryside if she ever call home and ask for money. It leaves her with the other only option; her genius sister who lives also in Seoul, currently pursuing post-graduate degree and working as the youngest researcher in a government funded biochemical lab not far from her campus.

There's just one problem that always waver Myungeun from running to that seemingly perfect woman for help.

Her sister is weird.

———————   

"Mm, isn't this Jisoo unnie's cute little sister? Hello."

And not only her genius sister's weird, people in the lab where she works at is also somewhat.... Eccentric, for lack of better term. Myungeun knows this bob haired receptionist who's manning the front desk and now greeting her with all too wide smile, have met her few times during her visit to this place in past, and her impression has always been same; mysteriously creepy.

Myungeun bows politely to the girl nonetheless. "Good afternoon, Park Sooyoung-ssi. I'd like to meet my sister, is she available to see any guest?"

"Hey don't be so formal around me, call me Joy. We're actually same age, you know?" Sooyoung's glance is down right flirtatious. She leans closer forward against the marble desk, head slightly tilted to one side with chin rested on her palm. "And sure, she'd be glad to see you."

"N— Nice." Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact, Myungeung keeps chanting internally. This girl probably could turn her into stone. Who knows? "Then... Can i go up now?"

"Of course. I'll keep you company on your way there?"

Myungeun does frantic head shake immediately as Sooyoung begins to stand up from her seat. "No, no, thanks! Really, don't let me bother your work, i can go by myself."

"Oh." A little scowl paints itself across the receptionist's face. She gestures towards the elevator. "Okay. Off you go."

———————   

"Jisoo unnie!"

No answer, it seems no one's around. Myungeun walks into the big room quietly while turning left and right, leaving the glass door open. Even for a medical student who visits laboratory in daily basis like her, Jisoo's office has some sort of eerie vibe; rows of bottles containing bits of god knows what preserved in formaldehyde, worn out board filled with equations, ginormous machines with lots of dials, levers, and switches (which may or may not explode when touched). Everything reminds Myungeun of lab in sci-fi movies where monsters were born. It could be hidden somewhere, probably under that long table made of metal and generously populated by test tubes, flasks of bright colored liquid, Bunsen burners—

What was that?

Myungeun freezes right away upon hearing sounds of something gasping and giggling, it is actually coming from beneath the table, what the ?? Then there's loud thud, probably this something is hitting a hard object? On the next moment, an empty chair at the end of said table suddenly slides backward and falls, a creature with white clothes and long dark hair covering its face emerges from under the table, and Myungeun screams the hell outta herself.

"Wow it's my dongsaeng! Hello, dear!" Jisoo waves her hand, smiling all innocently as though she didn't just scare the poor sister of hers. She gets up from previously kneeling position, hair's all mussy and pale pink shirt under her white coat disheveled.

Now this is exactly why Myungeun didn't want to visit Jisoo at work. There's always been something bizzare happening when she's there. One day maybe Myungeun would walk in finding her sister crawling across the ceiling or transformed into blue-skinned mutant. Considering Jisoo is superheroes geek, it's not that implausible, really.

"Unnie?! What are you doing there?"

But the question is answered by itself when Bae Joohyun also appears from the same spot, looking not much tidier than Jisoo.

"Hi, Myungeun." She greets, tone sheepish and cheeks blushed cherry red. Oh. So this is not superhuman-related stuff afterall.

"We were doing some experiment." is the only explanation Jisoo gives.

Myungeun scoffs. "Yeah, sure you did."

"Anyway what's up?" Jisoo grins shamelessly as she straightens her shirt, tucking the bottom edges into her pants with swift motions.

Right. Back to the problem. Um..

"N— Nothing. I'm just wondering if we can... Grab a late lunch together?" Myungeun decides not to go straight to the point. But her sister always knows her better.

"I see.. You're running out of pocket money, eh?" The older woman laughs. "No problem, I'll be back in no time and then i treat you something good to eat, 'kay? Gotta see my girl off first!"

"See you later, Myungie." Joohyun smiles, sliding her pristine white lab coat on, and off they walk out of the room.

"Yes, unnie. Bye!" Myungeun waves her hand, inside her mind questioning how could a woman like Bae freaking Joohyun, the prim and proper princess, ended up being with her sister. Life is full of mystery, don't you think?

She flops herself down on one of the chairs, stomach grumbles again for the umpteenth time upon noticing sweet scent resembling, maybe cinnamon and vanilla? Myungeun begins to open every drawer on the desk, hoping she would find secret stash of biscuits or something like that. Only few moments later she finally realizes that there's no food anywhere here, the smell doesn't come from food, but a small porcelain cup sitting weirdly between clutters of papers.

It contains...

Tea.

Myungeun should know it - since when Jisoo do luxurious, British style tea time? She may be on her way of achieving doctorate with brilliant dissertation under her belt, but Jisoo isn't fan of anything that fall into healthy category. Never. Even since their childhood the older woman always had supplies of cola and every other variant of carbonated beverages which contribute for tooth decay and reduced bone strength on the fridge. However, Myungeun's hungry self doesn't care. Drink wouldn't help, but anyway it seems delicious, and she's thirsty as well, so why not? She snatches the cup and downs the warm contents, almost choked when someone suddenly yelling at her.

"Yah did you drink— Oh boy you ing did!"

Jisoo literally skips from the door towards Myungeun, snatching her cup. Not even one drop left. ". Oh my god. Why did you drink it?!"

"It's just a cup of tea for god sake, you stingy! Don't forget that one time you ate the whole cake I was saving for midnight snack!" Myungeun protests.

"This isn't just your average tea!" Jisoo shrieks, pulling her hair in frustration. "It is made to heighten pheromone!"

..... What now???

Myungeun looks up to her sister, eyes widen in abject horror, hunger suddenly all forgotten. "What did you say I just drank?"

"Uh. So you see I have been... Doing some research on human's socioual behaviour—"

"Look. I don't want to hear explanation of whatever mindblowing experiment you're conducting." Myungeun interrupts, both hands up screaming she's so done.

"There's no official name yet so currently we call it... The temptation tea."

And... Silence.

Two pairs of eyes are staring deeply into each other. One of them is emitting very disgusted expression.

"If mom ever hear this she would cry out loud. The daughter she's been raising for twenty four years has grew up being mad, very mad scientist." Myungeun huffs desperately. "What's gonna happen to me?"

"Every substance inside it are supposed to attract anyone who happen to be interested in women, creating some sort of artificial perception that the person who consumed this tea perfectly matches their ideal type..." Doesn't sound very harmful so far. She will only suddenly become everyone's dream girl, right? Then she will only need to reject them one by one. Myungeun nods.

But then Jisoo continues. "It also triggers ual desire towards the drinker."

.....

"You're dubbed as the next brightest hope of South Korea's biochemistry and you're making an drug?! You've gotta be ting me!" Myungeun snaps. Jisoo is about to argue this is not that kind of experiment, but that's not what she needs now. "Cut to the chase, you know how to fix this right? ASAP, unnie!"

"It will wear off on its own in... I don't know how many hours! Like i've said this product is still in development phase. But probably one night or 24 hours, tops." The older woman grimaces, dropping into her chair. "To be honest we haven't even tested this drug to human. We're about to do so, though, before you drank it and ruin our plan."

"Oh come on! You really don't have antidote of some sort or something?" Myungeun looks at her sister's eyes once again, the answer is clear there. No.

"In my defense, you drank it all by yourself. I didn't give it to you with purpose."

"You should've not left such dangerous substance lying around in your desk, unnie!"

"Why not? This isn't public space, it's my workplace. It's not like any random person can just walk in and have a feast of our company's untested drugs everyday." Well Jisoo isn't exactly wrong here.

"What do i do now?! Can i hide inside a bunker for few days until the effect from this stupid temptation thingie completely disappear— Wait, i can't. I have test at eight in the morning tomorrow and it's compulsory.." Myungeun is literally gonna explode by now. "But i also can't attend the class full of people wanting to get laid with me!"

"Well you live in girls dorm and attend women only university. The drug will only affects people who likes women."

"Half of this university are lesbians, unnie! Have you never seen dozen of couples openly kissing in between every poplar tree by the campus entrance, and not to mention a lot more who are still hiding in their closets!"

"Ooh right. You're one of them as well." Jisoo suddenly breaks into chuckles, spinning around on the chair.

"That's beside the point! And by the way, i'm not single because i didn't try, it's just i always fell for wrong girls so love confession is pretty farfetched for me!"

"Hm. It still hasn't proven yet that your favourite Soojung isn't interested in you at all, y'know?"

"You're stalking her?" Myungeun's eyes narrow dangerously. "For the love of anything that is good, are you really mad?"

"Yep, my stalking method is better than yours anyway." The older girl bats her lashes. "As a good sister i have to know what kind of girl is my dongsaeng's future girlfriend."

"I'm telling mommy and daddy.."

"Is fifty bucks enough for you to eat in a week?"

Yeah, the money handed to her totally stops Myungeun from snatching her phone to call their parents.

———————   

Okay so here's the plan: Myungeun just need to lock herself up inside her room until the next 24 hours, or maybe more, just to be safe. Her roommate Lee Mijoo is as straight as ruler - that, Myungeun's very certain, given how many times she'd witnessed the girl was picked up for a date by dude, different one each few weeks, so there's no way she would react to the silly pheromone tea. Exams could wait for later. There's always supplemental exams, or hell, she doesn't even mind repeating class on the following year, better than getting unwanted ual advances.

It has been completely dark by the time Myungeun arrives home. Her way back to the dorm was totally uneventful, thank whatever god up there. She's safe and sound now, there's warm tangsuyu and bokkeum jjamppong she'd bought, waiting to be devoured. So Myungeun tries not to think too much and immediately digs in her food.

Lee Mijoo comes home the next hour, right after Myungeun finished shower, and for the first few minutes her heart is pounding hard, gauging any kind of reaction from Mijoo. But the other girl doesn't seem to mind her, all attention focused on newly bought Crayon Shinchan comic.

"Hey..." She walks quietly towards Mijoo, almost tiptoe-ing, as though rounding an enemy the moment before battle starts. "What do you think about me?"

Mijoo puts down the comic book on her super unorganized desk before turns to Myungeun, staring at the younger girl with funny look. "I don't quite understand what do you mean?"

"Nothing so special or amazing?"

"No." She decides, after scanning Myungeun from head to toe. "You're a perfectly bland girl as always. Slightly weirder than usual, yes."

"Okay forget it." Myungeun chuckles weakly, heart hurts a little. Whatever, it seems her sister's drug thankfully isn't working. "I'm gonna nap before studying, wake me up if i sleep too long or if you decide to buy me free dinner."

"And I'm gonna shower." Mijoo gets up and slips off her pullover and jeans, leaving her with only tanktop and boyshorts as she heads to the bathroom. "You can sleep until morning because you always end up distracted when studying at night anyway and free dinner would never happen."

———————   

Myungeun is sure when she said wake me up, it's for dinner and not this... This limbs tangled messily with hers, whispers of sweet nothings, someone is straddling and grinding on her pelvic bone and the other's groping her from another side.

Wait.

Uh oh.

There are two people??

"Whoa, stop! STOP!" Myungeun shrieks, knocking Mijoo over her stomach in pursuit to break free. She turns left and right, eyes squint to accommodate seeing under the dim light of their room, and finally recognizes who is the other perpetrator attacking her before.

"Seulgi unnie?! Why are you here— Oh my god you both like girls?!"

"We do." Seulgi breaths right at Myungeun's ear.

"We are also good at hiding it." Mijoo adds somewhat proudly, climbing back into the single bed that barely fits for three people.

Suuure, because now Myungeun feels so blind for not noticing them at all and even thought Mijoo is straight. "Damn this is unbelieveable!"

"It's kind of unbelieveable too that we overlooked how gorgeous you are all this time." Gosh, the way Seulgi sends heart eyes at Myungeun, half of lesbian population in the world would probably die under it. "We don't normally do this, but you're allowed to join us for our y time tonight."

"Uh. No tha—"

"Let's cut this mundane convos short and continue?" Mijoo begins to move closer, with Myungeun busy dodging each of her attempt at touching the younger girl. "I'm feeling too hot down there i can't hold it for any longer."

Yikesss. Now that's the cue for Myungeun to make her exit. One might says she's a total fool to reject two of the hottest women on their campus, but as attractive the opportunity sounds, Myungeun would rather let it go. She's a person of principle, and it's against her fundamentals to do stuff like this casually.

In one, two, three, she pushes herself out of the their grasp and jumps off the bed with all her might. After landing safely on the floor, Myungeun continues grabbing her bag, all in one swift motion before the two other girls manage to even sit up.

"Sorry girls, but you can continue on your own." She dashes out of the room, ignoring her friends' frustrated complaints.

———————   

Myungeunnie: Jisoo unnie. My roommate and her friend just tried to -dry-hump me.

Dr. Strange: Good.

Dr. Strange: I mean oh god it's bad.

Myungeunnie: you.

———————   

Myungeun is on the verge of screaming. Or crying. Maybe a bit of both. It's almost midnight, she definitely can't come back to her dorm, everywhere else most likely isn't safe for her. She'd tried the park, but there were bunch of homeless people, so it's out of the list; internet cafe or karaoke seemed to guarantee less risk, but it would be a waste of money. Plus, who knows the effect might reach people from neighboring room or cubicle. Better safe then sorry. Ugh, she might as well go to the local convent for a shelter. Those holy nuns would never leer over her, wouldn't they? Then convent it is.

But three steps in towards the direction there, Myungeun remembers something.

The campus library.

And suddenly she can see the sky opens up and angels come down along with the ringing silver bells.

This is it.

The four storey campus library opens 24/7, free for all students and boasts to house all books ever published in South Korea. It's massive, with lots of secluded sections where people would never wander through, plus the best point is only few librarians and securities work there at night, they are mostly in the 'elder' side. There's even rumour that students have camped there for few weeks without being caught when they were run out of money to pay for their room rent. Now that is perfect.

An ahjumma custodian guarding the library entrance lets Myungeun pass peacefully after checking her student ID, bless her soul, and once inside, Myungeun goes straight to the third floor which accomodates history, literature, and philosophy titles. Sounds boring enough? Great, because that's what she's aiming for. Who would look for Homer or Rene Descartes at eleven in the midnight, right?

Myungeun peers at few aisles and, safeeeee. It seems no one's around. She picks some random books (Venus and Adonis by Shakespeare, 1593. Ha, this gon' lullaby her to sleep in three paragraphs) and choose a carrel in the corner farthest from the stairs for her hideout. From the experience of her friend who'd tried the library for a night lodging, this location is on the blind spot of surveillance camera.

Her books and backpack fall with a thud to the wooden desk, and so does Myungeun's head. There's audible cracking sound as she straightens her arms across the desk, geez.. Just how has she been outside? The wood is sturdy and not at all comfortable, but at this rate it feels pretty much a luxury, Myungeun probably doesn't need book anymore to make her sleepy. She pulls her bag under head for makeshift pillow, clenching around it tighter when the air grows noticeably chilly. Damnit, should've brought a sweater or something thicker—

"Park Myungeun?"

Myungeun jumps out of her skin when the voice comes from behind her. She turns around so fast it almost gives her neck a whiplash, and finds a short girl standing right there, reading glasses perched over the bridge of her nose, thick books with titles Myungeun never heard her whole life stacked in her arms.

It's Lee Soojung. Out of all people that possibly come here late night...

"Uh. Goo— Good evening, sunbae-nim." Myungeun stutters, hands clammy with sweat and heart racing so fast.

"You like to read too, huh?" Soojung smiles, her face seems all so calm as she takes an empty seat beside Myungeun's. For daily activities normally the senior student would wear neat, smart-chic type of clothes, but this time she appears in very casual t-shirt covered by cashmere cardigan, and sweatpants. Her medium long hair pinned into comfortably messy bun. It's more plain, yes, but such domestic look easily makes Myungeun weak and all soft in heart.

But the most important right now...

Soojung doesn't seem lovestruck - or - at all.

"What's wrong? You sick? Your face's red." From the way she's talking, Myungeun knows Soojung is genuinely concerned about her, and oh lord this is making her heart flies to the seventh heaven already.

"I'm not. It's just..." Myungeun hesitates, brain racking to find any made-up reason that seems valid for this situation. "My roommate brought home her girlfriend, so i was kicked out. And here i am!"

"Lee Mijoo did? Wow what a jerk. Can't they pay a love hotel or something."

"True." Myungeun nods awkwardly. She just lied successfully, great. One step closer from being a jerk. But wait... This is white lie isn't this? She got good reason. Does it mean she's just, like, half jerk?

Anyway.

Myungeun steals few glances towards Soojung numerous times, studying her reaction. Nothing weird. It starts to feel like forever; stars explode and rebirth, mountains crumble and ocean waves break, grass flourishes and flowers sprout anew, the sun rises and first human being set his feet on the plane of earth...

And fifteen minutes has passed.

All they've been doing is just reading their own books.

Hm.. It's probably safe to assume that Soojung isn't interested in female at all? There goes all hope for Park Myungeun. Her face turns deeply crestfallen.

Well. At least it's finally peaceful.

.....

Or not.

No . Eighteen minutes, fifty seconds later (yes, she keeps count), when Myungeun's beginning to nod off again, rows of letters from the Shakespeare novel before her turning blur, suddenly she feels a hand slithering its way across the back of her neck.

"Myungeun-ah." And now warm breath is ghosting into the shell of her ear.

"Yes?" She whispers back weakly, willing herself not turn even for an inch to face the flushed pink, heavy-lidded Soojung who just latched onto her arm.

Don't look at her, concentrate on your book, Park Myungeun. She flips the pages against her thumb, each fluttering paper stirring tell-tale scent of at least ten year old book, until it stops randomly at...

I'll be a park, and thou shalt be my deer;
Feed where thou wilt, on mountain or in dale:
Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry,
Stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie.

Holy .

Myungeun slams the book closed and immediately pulls herself apart from Soojung, who scowls slightly from the sudden lack of skin contact.

"Why you look so scared? It's gonna be okay, come here." She reaches out for Myungeun's hand. "I just want to tell.. Your eyes are really beautiful."

"Excuse me?"

Whoooo freaking hoo.. 's about to get real now.

"And this skin too. The texture's so smooth." Oh heaven help her. Soojung is starting to eagerly caress Myungeun's hand. Each sends high voltage shock through Myungeun's spine. "Have you ever wondered how would it feel to have our skins pressed together closely?"

Hell yeah, Myungeun's been wondering all the time. Especially back then during her high school days, because puberty is an annoying .

But not like this.

"No. No, no, no, no, no." Myungeun desperately pushes away every attempts from Soojung to touch her more.

"That's six nos." Soojung coos, her tone sultry, and Myungeun wants to die. "Means yes."

"NO. We are in semi-public place, Soojung sunbae."

"My room is only five minutes away. Three if you want to sprint a little."

"I don't want to— It's not what I mean! We can't do this!"

"Aw. Myungie doesn't like me?" Christ, Lee Soojung is pouting, she is pouting oh so adorably, with big, puppy eyes.

"I like you. Love you." Myungeun hisses. "But you're not in the right mind and I will loathe myself forever if I ever let you do this now."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. You're under the spell of some temptation drugs I accidentally took from my... A mad scientist whom i happen to know." Sorry, Jisoo unnie. But Myungeun can't afford telling anyone her sister created such weird drug. "You wouldn't want me had we not meet in this circumstance."

"But I need you now! So, so, so much." The older girl whines. Damn. She doesn't usually whine. "What do you suggest me to do to stop.. This heated thing I've been feeling?"

"I can only advise you go home as soon as possible. Go to sleep. You'll forget about me by tomorrow morning."

"Really?"

Myungeun nods. "Yeah, trust me, you can do this. I'll see you off, let's go." She probably shouldn't, but still this is the girl she's been having crush on for years, and the last thing Myungeun wants is to drive her away in impolite manner. So she helps Soojung stands up, half-dragging her down the stairs, then to the library's entrance.

"You sure you don't want to come with me?" Soojung still tries one more time. "You may choose which role you want, the bottom or top."

Oh for goodness sake.

"I do not." Myungeun says firmly, fighting the unnecessary imagination from surfacing into her head. "Get home safely and don't ever think of coming back here looking for me, alright?"

"Good night, sunbae." She bids her senior goodbye with a wave.

Five steps.

Ten steps.

And Soojung suddenly turns around and walks back towards Myungeun.

"No, no, no! Sunbae-nim what did i just said—" A cardigan shoved to her practically shuts Myungeun up.

"Here, take this." Soojung drapes the thick clothes across Myungeun's body, patting her shoulder for good measure.

"You seemed cold. Though i prefer to warm you with my own body... But you said we can't, so i'll give you my cardigan. The least i can do."

There, Myungeun freezes.

"Bye bye, Myungie."

Soojung goes on her way to home. This time, she doesn't stop anymore.

When the short girl disappeared for real, Myungeun almost cartwheel back inside. She's holding Lee Soojung's cardigan. Lee. Soo. Jung. The grey fabric smells like lemongrass and chamomile and happiness and all the warmest things in the world. This is like the best turn of event she could even conjure up for all of her misfortunes today.

With lighter steps now, Myungeun hops up tho the third floor then to her previous spot. Soon, she drifts into slumber, Soojung's jacket blanketing her body and wide smile across her lips.

———————   

Three days later

Myungeun walks out of the classroom glumly, looking like half of her soul has left her body. Three days have passed, her teacher was dumb enough - or maybe just kind - to be entirely convinced when she lied of being sick the other day and let her take supplementary test just now. It didn't help her do better than usual tho. Regardless, Myungeun is happy enough knowing she will pass this class whatever grade she gets.

She yawns and stretches her arms at the same time, the corridor is empty and darkness has already beginning to encroach behind the window. That's when Myungeun realizes she's lost track of time. She fishes out her phone to check the clock. Half past five, and unread messages from Dr. Strange - her screen says.

Dr. Strange: Hey

Dr. Strange: How's the test goin'?

Dr. Strange: If you're finished, better skedaddle out of that old, dull building fast

Huh?

Myungeun goes past the building's main entrance and immediately scans the vicinity. Only few other students still left around, and no sign of Jisoo anywhere.

Myungeunnie: Unnie, you're here? I'm outside.

No answer. Yet Myungeun can smell something crazy must be waiting for her. It's Jisoo afterall.

"Myungeun-ssi."

One tap on her shoulder, and Myungeun almost drop her phone.

"Whoa sorry! I didn't mean to surprise you." Lee Soojung jumps back one step away from the shocked girl.

"Sunbae-nim??" Myungeun blanches white, standing still like her mind is escaping her body (it probably already has). Um. Is it the temptation tea again? But it's been three days, the effect's supposed to be completely worn off by now.

"Don't worry i'm not after you. I mean, i am cold stone sober, and not gonna ask you do anything indecent." Soojung clarifies quickly, she seems a bit shameful herself.

"How did you know i'm here?" They walk to the nearby bench and take a seat facing each other, Myungeun keeps few inches between them just to be safe - like, being too close to Lee Soojung can literally make her heart bursts into pieces.

"Your sister told me if i wait here i'd be able to meet you."

"You know Jisoo unnie?!" Her phone dings just in time as though Jisoo has some magical telepathy skill. Myungeun checks it, there's only short sentence and one emoji.

Dr. Strange: found out who i mean already? ʕ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ʔ

.

"Oh yeah we met in twitter, she likes same hiphop singers as me. And we're same age too. Earth is a narrow place, eh?" Soojung replies excitedly.

No, she lied to spy on you, Jisoo doesn't know jack of rap or hiphop, she's rock maniac. But of course Myungeun doesn't say that out loud, having a genius freak in the family wouldn't give some brownie points here.

"Anyway." Soojung resumes. "Do you want to go somewhere alone with me tomorrow? I don't know, we can have drink and talk in cozy cafe, or watch movie, maybe?"

"..... Say what now?"

Does that mean....

"Once again, i'm not under influence of any kind of drugs or magic spell, if that's what you're thinking." The older girl reassures. "I really like you. Even more so after the last time in the library. It made me realized you're a kind and sincere person who wouldn't take advantage of others, and i appreciate that very much. Also Jisoo has always sorta hinted that you do like me too, so i think, why not?"

"Oo— Oh." Wait, this is very confusing now. "But aren't you with Jung Yein? I mean— She's all over you the whole time everyone thinking you two are dating!"

"Nah, we're just best buddy. We've been knowing each other since elementary school, she's practically the younger sister i'd always been wanted." Soojung chuckles, and Myungeun feels her stomach bristles warmly as the sweet voice tickles her ears. Could 'listening to Soojung's laughter for all the remainder of her days' be a legit life goal?

"Is that what refrained you from talking with me all this time?"

"Well, i've never been the bravest person in the world. And sunbae-nim is my first love—" Oops. Too late to take back her words, Myungeun just blushes shyly under Soojung's warm gaze.

"Mm, i take it's a yes for tomorrow. I'll pick you up before lunch time." Soojung concludes. "This is our first date, yeah?"

"Yes."

"Great." The older girl gets up from her seat, holding up her arm to Myungeun. "Let's go home, we can walk together."

———————   

Myungeun's phone vibrates right a moment before she fell asleep; already curled beneath her beloved Snoopy comforter, mouth hanging open in stupid gleeful smile. For a second, her half-awake mind weighs whether she should check her phone or not. She's been way too comfy to move, but what if it's Soojung?

What if... Maybe it's a good night message? It's hard to imagine Soojung being the romantic, lovey-dovey type of girl, but who knows?

Myungeun yields to her curiosity and pulls herself up.

Dr. Strange: So when's my dear sister's wedding? ʕ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ʔʕ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ʔ

......

Tch. Should've not woken up only for this .

Myungeunnie: Don't be silly, Genius. She just asked me out on one date, not proposing. We're only, like, half official.

Dr. Strange: You'll get there someday eventually

Dr. Strange: Have faith

Dr. Strange: I believe in you.

Myungeunnie: Thanks

Myungeunnie: And also

Myungeunnie: Argh I don't know how to say this

Myungeunnie: I still haven't forgiven you but.. This will never happen if it's not for your stupid experiment either.

Dr. Strange: Aww...

Dr. Strange: The words you're looking for is i love you jisoo unnie

Myungeunnie: Yeah I do. You're my best sister.

Myungeunnie: Shall we sleep now?

Dr. Strange: Sure. Don't want you to run late for first date tomorrow..

Myungeunnie: Haha

Myungeunnie: Night unnie

Dr. Strange: Good night

———————   

Dr. Strange: Oh one more thing. Do you want to help being my test subject again? It's for my new experiment, it's safe of course i promise..

Myungeunnie: Go to hell

———————   

Written mostly by Jean I just provided idea plus did some editing, but that dimwit has somehow forgotten her password lel I'm sorry if you got misled and thought this story has anything to do with Temptation the song kekekekek

We are alive and well, but have gone rusty and worn out because of works /sobs I tbh had some thought of entirely retired but it's rly saddening us to see how little f/f Lovelyz stories being written here so we'll still try to contribute from time to time. I still got lots of unfinished stories in my stash too and I don't really want to abandon them forever.

Until the next time, fellas!

Oh and also! Happy birthday Myungeun!!!