Ch 7

She loved her music

"Go Moonbyul, go Moonbyul, go Moonbyul! Woooooo!!" Wheein cheered on the other girl as the music began to play.


"Mmmhmm" Moonbyul nodded her head to the beat as she slowly began to follow the music with her body.


The two of them were spending the afternoon playing around at Moonbyul's apartment. Solar and Hwasa had had other schedules that day, and Wheein could barely contain her glee. Not that she would ever tell Moonbyul that directly.

Wheein could see the dynamics of the situation herself though. There was no mistaking the fact that Moonbyul's gaze strayed towards and lingered on Solar, not herself, more often than not. And Moonbyul would always cling onto Solar first during their get-togethers, whereas Wheein had to launch herself onto the tall girl's back to get her full attention. 

But maybe this will change if I tell her my feelings. That thought dug itself into the corner of Wheein's mind, giving her hope whenever she turned and found Moonbyul grinning sheepishly at Solar's antics. Maybe.


For she was certain she at least had some chance. Moonbyul would willingly cuddle together with her during their movie nights. There was also that gentle caress on her face as the other girl tucked a strand of hair back, readying them both for a selfie in which their bodies faced each other without an inch of separation.


That had to mean something. Didn't it?


Wheein watched Moonbyul leap around the living room, singing and dancing her heart out. The girl then beckoned to her with a crooked finger and a grin, daring her to top her performance just now.


"Get readyyyy. It's Wheein, here to steal the show!" Wheein spun around and playfully pushed Moonbyul aside, who faked shock and tumbled onto the couch.


All of a sudden, the music changed. A slow, sensual song began to play from the speakers.


"Whoops, I guess I forgot to check over my playlist! Let me go change it to the next song--"


As Moonbyul headed over to her phone, Wheein shot her hand out to stop her. "W-Wait, no don't change it. We can dance to this too! I-I mean, it's something to practice as well right? Since they often make us do it on shows anyways."


"Hmm. A slow song though?" Moonbyul snickered and leaned back onto the couch. "Well then, Wheein, show me how it's done."


Wheein gulped. She had only blabbered those words in a heated rush, and now that she had calmed, she finally understood the implications of what she had just said. Or rather, what she now had to do.


"Come on Wheein! Song's still playing! Don't tell me you're all embarassed now. It's a necessary idol skill isn't it?"


Steeling herself, Wheein shot back, "Jeez, Moonbyul! It's not like you could do much better. I'll show you." With that, she began to let her body move to the singer's soft, crooning voice.

Let yourself go. Wheein was an instinctual dancer.

Feel the emotions of this song. Love. It was always about love. She could do that. Her crush was literally sitting feet away anyways.


Show what you want through your dance. As she glided across the carpet and spun around, she could see Moonbyul from the corner of her eyes, watching her in awe.


Be brave. She approached Moonbyul, face serious, eyes full of longing.


Wheein was past the point of caring about her actions. At first, Moonbyul laughed, asking "What is it, Wheein?"


When she didn't respond, only waving her body forward sensually towards the seated girl, Moonbyul bit the inside of her cheek. "D-Did you want me to dance too, Wheein? Y-You're being awfully serious."


Neither of the two made any move to break the gaze between them though. Wheein slowly rested her fingertips on top of Moonbyul's thigh, slowly dragging them upwards. Moonbyul shuddered at her sudden touch.


Her eyes almost popped open in shock when Wheein gently set herself down on her lap. Her breath hitched as the space between their faces suddenly decreased to a mere few inches. Mouth dry, Moonbyul could not think of any response.


Suddenly, the song ended.


The short pause of silence between songs echoed deafeningly in their ears, punctuated by Wheein's and Moonbyul's unsteady breaths. Neither moved for a good few seconds.


As the next song came on, Wheein suddenly came to her senses and leapt off Moonbyul. "A-A-Ahaha! How was that for practice?" She looked nervously back at Moonbyul who was still frozen.

"H-Huh?"


"My dance..."


"O-oh!. R-Right. I-It was....great!" Moonbyul stammered.


Awkward silence lapsed upon them once more.


"A-All this dancing sure has made me hungry. Do you want to eat dinner?" Moonbyul blurted out to break the silence.


"Chicken?" Wheein looked up, eyes bright in anticipation.


"Of course! I'll go call and order now." She stood up and headed to the kitchen to make the call, glad for the return of some semblance of normalcy.


In the living room, Wheein was giddy. Sure, she was a little embarassed. Her actions had been quite bold after all. But Moonbyul's reaction made it all worth it.


She must have feelings too right? Wheein drummed her fingers on the table, anxious.That wasn't how a friend would react. I mean, if it were Hwasa, she'd have just laughed it off and danced along.


She looked towards the kitchen resolutely. I'll tell her today. I have to tell her today before this feeling, or whatever it is between us, disappears.


-------------------------------


They sat together on the couch in the dark, as Moonbyul"s TV screen flickered from scene to scene.


"Oh my god, can you believe he just did that?" Moonbyul snorted in laughter at one of the movie characters.


Wheein shoulders shook as she muffled her laughter. "Ahh, these comedies are great!" She snuggled closer into Moonbyul's side, wrapping Moonbyul's arm over her shoulder.


Moonbyul subtly looked sideways at the younger girl as she moved. She crinkled her eyes, smiling, and patted Wheein's side. She wasn't quite sure what had happened earlier that day, but she chose to ignore it for now.

"Moonbyul?"


"Yeah?" Moonbyul kept her eyes on the screen as she rubbed Wheein's arm to show she was listening.


"I'm glad I met you."


"You know I'm glad I met you too."


"Sometimes, I can't imagine how my life would be if you hadn't saved me that day."


At her sudden seriousness, Moonbyul tore her eyes away from the screen to look at the girl.


"I mean it." Wheein played with her hands for a second. "I want to tell you something. No, I need to tell you something." She met Moonbyul's gaze straight on.


"Why so serious--?" Wheein cut off Moonbyul.


"I like you."

 


The TV screen lay in the background ignored as Moonbyul processed what Wheein had just said. "Uh, of course I like you too--"


"I like you. Not as just a friend." Wheein said simply. Her dark eyes probed Moonbyul's face, looking for an answer, desperate for an answer.


Moonbyul couldn't quite come up with an answer and she stared back, gears in her mind cranking and tumbling as she struggled to formulate a coherent sentence.


Bzz. Bzz. Both phones on the table vibrated at the same time.


Yes!distraction! "We should check that out! Might be important right?" Moonbyul chuckled nervously as she gently entangled herself from Wheein.


It was a message in the group chat she shared with the members of Mamamoo. Wheein also checked her own phone.


S: Guess what guys!!! I have some great news!


H: What is it now unnie. Better be important, I'm at a movie theater and the people next to me are giving me a nasty look.


H: Jk, love you unnie.


S: Hmph! Well, anyways, the ceo just called me! Apparently I'm being casted for another show!


W: Oooh congrats! Which show is it?


M: Yeah congratz! Tell us, tell us!


S: It's.....drumroll please.....


H: Just say it.


S: Such a party pooper Hwasa. Alright, they want me to film 'We Got Married!' Isn't is great?!"


Wheein watched as Moonbyul dropped her phone in shock. Moonbyul. Don't.

 


 

 

*Sorry for any strange formatting this chapter! I'm on my tablet and things get screwed up on mobile all the time hehe. I'll probably fix it when I get back home. Anyways, here we have some deep wheebyul, since I, as well as a bunch of you in the comments, felt sorry for her. Because anyways, such a sweet girl like her shouldn'lt get her heart broken so easily right? She definitely deserves a chance. I've been trying to incorporate real life events in even though the timeline is a bit wacky, but please bear with it. Once again, thanks for the interest! Please feel free to comment as well, I enjoy reading those too!