Ch 15

She loved her music

The four of them sat around a table, Solar beside Eric, across from Moonbyul and Wheein. 

"So, Eric, you and Solar must be progressing pretty fast now." Winking at the couple across from her, Wheein couldn't help but feel the corners of tug up into a wide smile. "I mean, Solar didn't mention she was going with you when she texted us about dinner." She was having way too much fun teasing Solar, who was using her hair to cover her reddening face. 

"Oh she didn't? Is that right, Solar." Eric rubbed his chin in embarassment as he glanced towards Solar. Despite his initial unease of being casted in the virtual marriage show, it had gradually become his favorite activity of the week. Shooting with Solar rarely felt uncomfortable, and though he knew both of them performed based on the provided script, he loved how Solar never made it too awkward, their personalities clicking with an unbelievable synergy since the first episode. Not a serious man himself, Solar's easily humored personality and her bright, honest laughter left his cheeks gladly sore from smiling and laughing along after each filming. 

"You guys do look cute together," remarked Moonbyul with a crooked grin. "I don't think I've ever actually introduced myself to you, have I, Eric? I'm Moonbyul, a music producer that's worked with Mamamoo several times." She extended her hand across the table and Eric shook it heartily. 

"Ah, I remember seeing you in one of the earlier episodes! As one of the panelists, right? Solar's also mentioned you before." Eric tilted his head to look at Wheein and Moonbyul, who were sitting with their thighs touching underneath the table, hands brushing occasionally on the tabletop with sheepish smiles on their faces. "But I don't remember her saying how you guys were togeth--"

Solar nudged Eric hastily in his side and he let out a puff of air in surprise as he turned towards her with questioning eyes. "Ah, shh! We haven't released anything official or anything about Wheein. Please help keep it a secret!" 

He laughed seeing her flustered eyes inches from his own as she pleaded with an index finger hovered in front of her lips. "Of course, honey. I wouldn't do anything to harm my wife's group's reputation, would I?"

"Solar, if anything, I'd probably worry about you first," said Wheein as she rolled her eyes. "You're the one acting all shy and on edge right now. Is being with Eric outside of work throwing you off that badly? Maybe you're afraid of his fan girls coming to get you if they think you're actually together outside of the show?" Both her and Moonbyul's shoulders heaved in muffled laughter at Eric, whose face flushed red as he protested.

Solar too blushed, but she found her eyes inevitably drawn to Moonbyul each time anyone said anything, eager for her reaction. She bit her lip as she saw Moonbyul's nose crinkling up in laughter at Eric's jokes, at how she seemed to be so at ease in the situation. Was she the only one, as Wheein had said, who was feeling distressed right now? After all, Moonbyul looked pretty damn comfortable, leaning into Wheein, hiding her laughter in the girl's shoulder and neck, arms wrapped around her waist as Eric made them all laugh once again. Solar forced another smile onto her face and a thin laugh. 

Maybe she was thinking too much into it? Maybe she was worrying too much about nothing. Quite a bit of time had passed since Moonbyul had confessed, enough time to have let her feelings fade. It was a good change. That's what Solar told herself. So, she wondered, why did she feel a twinge in her heart as she watched the couple in front of them share cups of soju in a playful loveshot. As Wheein cupped Moonbyul's face to help clean off a small smidge of food Moonbyul could have easily gotten herself. As Moonbyul blushed at Wheein's touch and stole a quick peck on her face before pulling away. 

Solar squeezed her eyes and shook her head, trying to rid herself of these strange thoughts, these peculiar feelings. She smiled as Eric turned towards her, egged on by the other couple's cheering and whooping for them to do the loveshot themselves. As she entwined her arms around Eric's and raised their cups, she stole a glance at Moonbyul. But Moonbyul wasn't looking. Somehow frustrated, Solar gulped back the glass of alcohol, feeling it burn as the liquor slid down , as bitter as the sight of Moonbyul whispering sweetly into Wheein's ear. 

----------

 

"Ta-da!" Moonbyul uncovered her hands from Wheein's eyes once they reached the entrance. The arched front gate, lit with a rainbow of colors stood before them. Behind it, Wheein could see the shapes of rails outlining the starry night sky as shrills screams and laughter filled the air. "I promised you I would take you somewhere fun once I was free. How's this?" She held the younger girl from behind, waving the tickets she held in one hand in front of Wheein's face. 

"Oh my god, Moonbyul, I love it!" Wheein bounced up and down excitedly, breaking free from Moonbyul's embrace. Though Moonbyul pouted at the loss of contact, she could not help herself from beaming as the other girl tugged on her hand eagerly to enter the amusement park. 

Linking hands once they entered, Wheein asked, "Where should we go first? It's been forever since I've been able to go and have fun!"

Tousling Wheein's now black hair, Moonbyul said, "Anything you want. Today's all about you. I've made you wait long enough anyways." She was finally done with the mass of projects SM assigned to her and was enjoying the free time she had sorely missed. After begging for these tickets from a friend who had no longer been able to go, Moonbyul was determined to make this night with Wheein as memorable as possible.

"Then....let's go on that!" Wheein pointed upwards as a rollercoaster car full of screaming passengers flew by. Gulping, Moonbyul grasped Wheein's hand as they went to line up for the ride.

 

 

"I...just...need...a...moment...catch...my...breath." Moonbyul gasped after getting off an nth number of thrill rides with Wheein. She was shocked at Wheein's unfaltering courage, seeing her face flushed with excitement, not fear after all the rides. 

Moonbyul, on the other hand, was a lot weaker than either she or Wheein had thought. "Damn Moonbyul," laughed Wheein, skipping merrily around her, "you scream so loudly! I even bet you'd beat Solar in a high pitch contest with that shriek of yours." 

"Oooh... don't remind me." Moonbyul's eye twitched as she recalled that moment of terror when the car had suddenly dropped. "Let's get something to eat first! Thank god there wasn't anything in my stomach then or else I'd have thrown it all up." Straightening up, she noticed a food cart nearby and dragged Wheein there hastily. 

"Two cotton candies please!" Moonbyul reached across the counter to take the two sticks of fluff, handing one to Wheein. "Let's eat these at that bench over there."

Following her advice, they sat themselves down, enjoying the cotton candy. Unsuspectingly, Wheein stretched her neck out and snatched a bite out of Moonbyul's cotton candy. 

"Hey!" Moonbyul reached across and began to tickle the girl who was squirming impishly under her touch, eyes laughing as her stolen cotton candy muffled any sound from . Smirking as a playful idea popped into her head, Moonbyul leaned forward, locking lips with the girl. Noticing that Wheein had suddenly turned still, Moonbyul returned to her position, her lips coyly. "Well, it appears I managed to get back some of my cotton candy."

Blushing, Wheein punched her in the shoulder. "Moonbyul! We're out in public here! What if--"

"I guess I'll just have to make sure they can't see that it's you then." Taking Wheein's face between her hands, Moonbyul winked as she went in for another kiss. This time, neither of the two made any move to break away, only splitting temporarily to catch their breaths before meeting the other's lips once more. Both of their cotton candies lay dropped, forgotten on the ground. 

It was not until they heard whistling and cheering that they broke apart. Wheein had her hands on Moonbyul's shoulders, head down to hide her flaming red cheeks as Moonbyul gave the supportive spectators an annoyed yet sheepish glare to drive them away and give them some privacy. Moonbyul took the snapback from her own head, fitting it gently over Wheein's hair. "Here. An extra measure of protection for your identity."

Patting her head that now sported Moonbyul's trademark hat, Wheein grinned before staring ruefully at the fallen food in front of them. "Oh no...my candy..." 

Laughing, Moonbyul stood up, holding her hand out to help Wheein to her feet. "I'll get you some more later. Let's go play some more first! I suddenly feel like I have too much energy to spend. Because of you." She whispered the last bit into Wheein's ear, watching the tips of her ears turn pink and feeling a slap on her arm as she did so. 

 

They went on the go-kart track. Moonbyul nearly got another heart-attack as Wheein rammed straight into her while she was still lost gazing into Wheein's serious yet playful expression. Snickering at Moonbyul nearly falling out of the cart, Wheein blew her a mocking kiss. Oh no you didn't. Grabbing onto the controls of her kart, Moonbyul began chasing the girl who was fleeing away in the other direction.

 

They also ventured into the haunted house, per Moonbyul's request. It was the perfect opportunity for revenge after getting her whupped at the go-kart track. Wheein leapt straight into her arms with a shrill scream as the first, blood dripping masked monster made its appearance. Wheein clung onto her side as they continued forward, squeezing Moonbyul every so often something jumped out at them. 

 

As the end of the night neared, they stood at the front of the line for the ferris wheel. Moonbyul followed behind Wheein and sat next to her, both waiting for it to take them up into the sky. Wheein tightly hugged the stuffed puppy Moonbyul had won for her. 

"So how'd you think of today? Did I manage to keep my word?" Moonbyul intertwined her fingers with Wheein's as the chilly night wind blew past, lifting their hair. They gazed out at the dwindling lights and structures of the park as their carriage rose higher and higher. 

Leaning her head onto Moonbyul's shoulder, Wheein sighed in contentment as she felt the other girl's body warmth spread through hers. "Of course. Do you even have to ask?" Snuggling in closer, Wheein took Moonbyul's arm, bringing it behind her in an embrace. She then closed her eyes, Moonbyul's familiar scent calming her. "Sing for me?"

Clearing , Moonbyul began to sing "The Manual" by Eddy Kim. Her low, sensual voice floated through the air as she serenaded the girl next to her. Wheein shivered in pleasure as she listened to Moonbyul's singing, just for her. 

Moonbyul's song suddenly got cut off as Wheein pulled Moonbyul's head down to meet hers. "I love you, Moonbyul." 

"I love you too."


 

*A/N I just discovered the existence of the story feed today. I'll probably just start leaving my comments there instead of down here. I'm not too good at writing fluffy things, but I did my best here. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!