Chapter nine

Sinner or Saint

'You want us to what?' Shime asked.
'A birthday party, for everyone at The Cram School' I said smiling.
'Didn't you hate us all just yesterday? said Suguro.
'Yes but now I want to make things right again'
'I think it's a great idea' said Rin.
'You just like anything with food' I giggled and Rin blushed.
'That's not fairrrrr' he complained.
'It's true though' said Yukio.
'Shut up four-eyes!' I rolled my eyes.
'So are we doing this or not?' I asked.
'Let's do it!' everyone shouted.
'YAY!'
...
'Why are you doing this Umi?' Rin asked me when we were alone. I shrugged.
'I just want everyone to get along and I thought that a party would be a good way to do that, everyone's been under so much strain lately that I just wanna do something to cheer everyone up'
'You're too nice sometimes Umichan' Rin sighed.
I smiled 'someone has to be'
But someone didn't want us to have fun.
...
'Yukio, what's going on?' I asked 'why is everything cautioned off? where is everybody?'
'Ayumi, go back home, take this key and just go back'
'What aren't you telling me Yukio?'
'Just go please' he said as he headed into the building. Like hell I was going anywhere so I followed him.
...
'I told you that I would kill everyone if anyone but the son of Satan entered' whoever was on the bother side of the door wanted to kill Rin. I had to warn him.
'I am Yukio Okumura, Rin's brother. Take me instead'
'No Yukio what are you doing?' I thought.
'You are not the son of Satan though you are his kin' the voice replied 'and you did not head my warning and for that you will all die'
'NO!' I yelled bursting into the room 'leave my friends alone!' I took out my card 'Ni, trap that demon!' I commanded.
'Niiiii' roots burst out of familiars stomach and incased the intruder. I ran over to Yukio to try and cut him loose but it was no good.
'Ugh what is with this web? it's not coming off'
'Trying to stop me from doing my work, you too will die like the traitor you are' it had gotten out of my trap. Webas wrapped themselves around me 'Now you will be the one to call the demon here' it said as it held a cell to my ear.
'Hello. Rin Okumura speaking' he sounded so cheerful.
'R-Rin' I choked back a tear, I was leading him to his death.
'Ayumi? what's wrong?' his tone changed to one of worry.
'Hello son of Satan' the converstion was put on speaker phone.
'It's you isn't it?' Rin spat 'What have you done to my friends?'
'Nothing and I wont if you come here...alone' the phone clicked off.
'Please don't come Rin' I thought.
But of course, he did

'Well, I'm here, let my friends go' he said calmly.
'No'
'What?!' he growled ready to draw his sword 'release them now' he demanded as the flames appeared around him, but another shot of that webbing sealed it shut.
'Rin, you control your flames. not the sword' I said 'you can do this'
He looked his apponant in the eye...sort of...and spoke calmly again.
'You're not a demon' he said 'I'd be able to tell if you were, seeing as I am too and despite you wanting to kill me, I have no desire to kill a human' he turned to each of us and one by one the webs trapping us burnt away. He could finally control them, I was so proud of him.
'This isn't over' called the figure and it disappeared into thin air.
It was then that I noticed that Yukio was missing.