Chapter ten

Sinner or Saint

I found him in the bathroom.
'Yukisan, are you alright?' I asked quietly.
'It's meant to be me looking after Rin and making sure he's okay' he said so quietly I almost didn't hear him 'not the other way around' he sounded as though he was crying 'I promised my father I'd look after him' I said nothing, instead I just stood behind him and hugged him and let him cry. He'd been strong for so long, it was the least I could do 'I've let my father down and I've let Rin down too. I don't deserve to be an exorcist'
'Don't talk like that Yukio' I soothed 'you're one of the best exorcists I know, you're so smart and brve. Your father would be proud of you and Rin is lucky to have you as his brother'
'I've lied to him all our lives' he said 'and what good has it done?'
'You were trying to protect him, like any brother would, don't be so hard on yourself' I said.
Yukio sniffed 'I'm scared Umi, more than that, I'm terrified. What if I mess up?'
'You're aloowed to be scared, it's okay'
'Rin was always the braver one out of the two of us, always doing things I never could. I looked up to him, I even wanted to be him at times, he always seemed so strong, I was just a crybaby' he sighed 'when we were younger, he promised me that he'd always look after me and now look at us'
'I see brothers who are determined to look after each other no matter what the cost may be' I said 'no matter what happnes you and Rin will always has that bond and you'll both make it out of this'
'You really think so?'
I nodded 'I know so'
Yukio turned and hugged me back'
'Thank you so much Umichan'

'What's going on?' I asked the exorcists at the entrance to the school
'Investigations into the intruder that was here last night' one of them replied.
'I see, any leads?' I said.
'That's classified' another told me. That meant no.
I sighed and went back to the shop instead.
...
The gate to the garden was open, I krept inside.
There was a woman lying unconcious on the grass surrounded by green men trying to help her. Who was she?
'Uhm, hello? Can you hear me miss?' she groaned and opened her eyes 'oh thank goodness you're okay, I was worried' she backed away from me.
'Who...who are you?' she asked.
'My name is Ayumi Kano but you can call me Umi' I smiled 'what's your name?'
'M-michelle' she muttered.
'It's a pleasure to meet you Michelle' I said 'welcome to my garden'
'It's very pretty' she said.
'Umichan? Are you...Umi, get away from her!'
I blinked 'Rin? what are you doing here?'
'I came totell you that they found out who attacked last night' he glared at Michelle 'you've got a nerve coming here'
'What are you talking about Rin?'
'She's the one that wanted to kill us all'
'She wouldnt't do that...' as I said that Michelle grabbed me and put a knife to my throat.