Chapter fifteen

Sinner or Saint

'We have to destroy it' said Rin 'I managed to do it once when...' he paused '...I can do it again'
'No Rin' corrected Yukio 'WE can do it' he smiled.
'Yukio...are you sure?' he nodded.
'We both have demon powers in us now right? maybe it'll be easier to destroy it with two of us'
'No need, I'll have that thing destroyed in seconds' Angel pushed past us 'Zodiac strike!' he shouted and an orange streak of what looked a little like lightning flashed past us and into the gate but had hardly any effect on it. Rin and Yukio looked at each other and laughed 'I don't understand...why didn't it work?'
'Stupid baldy' muttered Shura and I giggled 'Aren't you the one that's always going on about how esorcists have to work together? you can't defeat it on your own' she looked to Yukio and Rin 'you do what ever you need to, we'll take it from down here' they nodded.
'So how are we going to do this?' asked Yukio.
'I want to help' said a voice.
'Balckie??' asked Rin.
'I want to help you Rin' Blackie grew to humungous size 'get one' he said and Rin climbed on top of him.
'Can I get on to? asked Yukio and Rin stared. Yukio smiled 'now I've unlocked my demon side, I can hear him too'
'Jump on' said blackie happily.
'I'm coming to!' I ran over to them.
'No way' they both said together.
'It's way too dangerous Umi' said Yukio. I looked at Rin and he sighed.
'Yukio's right, it's too dangerous and...' he paused.
'And what Rin?' I pushed.
'And I don't want to have to worry about you too because you're too precious to me'
'Rin...' I stared at him.
'We should get going' Blackie interuppted 'Umichan, hop on'
'Thank you' I smiled as I climbed on behind Yukio and held on as tight as i could.

It was bigger than it had been when it was on the roof of the school.
'Have you got a plan? I shouted to Yukio.
'This is the plan' Rin yelled back as Yukio shot at minions that were coming towards us trying to attack and distract us. To show me, Rin unsheather his sword and jumped off of Blackies back.
'RIN NO!' it was too late, he went straight to its centre and stabbed it through but his plan backfired and he was balsted backwards.
I reached out to try and catch him but he fell just short of my hand.
'RIN!' shouted Yukio and jumped down after him.
'YUKIO!!' I screamed as he too dissappeared.
I was all alone and all I could think of was whether or not Rin and Yukio were okay.
'What do we do Ayumi?' asked Blackie.
I had no idea. Why had I come?
'Poor little girl all alon, thinks she could make it with the big kids'  a voice laughed at me.
'Satan?' I squeezed my eyes shut 'get out of my head'
'They only stay with you because they feel sorry for you' it said 'They don't realise how powerful you are, you're just like my Yuri...accept me and I can make them notice you, I already know you can take my flames'
'NO, I'll never join you. NEVER!' I shouted.
'Fine then you and your pet will die' another sea of minions swarmed towards me
'Ni-san, sheild!' the demons were absorbed into my familiar.
'Very clever' Satan laughed '...what the...'
...
I looked up and saw what looked like a giant blue phoenix.
It was Rin and Yukio!
They were holding onto Rin's sword and their flames had merged together. They were flying!
They swooped down and stabbed through the gates heart.
'NOOOOOO! How is it that my own kin use the power I gave them against me!?'
'GO TO HELL!' they shouted together as it cracked and spilt, surrounded by fire. The light was blinding, I squinted not wanting to miss anything.
There was a burst of blue and white light and then calm.
They had done it, the gate was gone, the sky was clear.
The two of them fell back down as the fire dispersed and Blackie caught them.
Yukio looked at me 'are you alright Ayumi?' he asked.
I nodded 'are you and Rin? I...I saw what you did...it was amazing but it must have taken a lot out of you'
'We're fine don't worry' replied Rin.