Chapter sixteen

Sinner or Saint

'You damn idiot!' shouted Sugro when we arrived back and he hugged me 'you scared us all'
'Are you okay Umichan? Rin? Professor Okumura?' asked Shima.
'I'm fine' I replied and Rin and Yukio nodded, nobody mentioned what had happened to Yukio on the roof, and it was probably better that way.
'Rin? are you okay?' asked Neko.
'I'm fine' he said 'I always am' he collapsed but Yukio caught him. 'What are you doing? I said I was okay'
'You're not okay Rin' I lifted his shirt and my hand got covered in blood 'you're still bleeding' I gasped 'why haven't you healed?' he shrugged weakly 'oh my God you've lost so much blood, I don't understand what's going on'
'It must be because he was shot withan exorcist's weapon' said Neko.
'Ni I need something to stop the bellding until we can get help' Ni nodded and a small yarrow plant spruted from him. I picked the leaves and placed them over the hole in Rin's stomach.
'There's no point Ayumi, no hospital is going to help me knowing I'm a demon'
'But you saved everyone...you both did, and now you're just going to give up? you can't Rin...I won't let you...I'm not losing you, you bloddy idiot. I can't lose you' I closed my eyes 'I love you Rin...so don't you dare give up!'
...

'Have you been here all day?' Yukio asked.
I nodded 'and all night last night'
'Wow, you must be tired. Why don't you go home and rest, I'll stay, it's my fault Rin's here after all'
A nurse interuppted us 'Ayumi Kano?'
'That's me' I said 'is Rin okay?' she frowned when she saw Yukio.
'Who are you?
'I'm Yukio Okumura, Rin's brother' he repiled.
'Oh well, he's responding well after the surgery to remove the bullet' Yukio swallowed hard, I took his hand 'but he lost a lot of blood, althought it was good thinking with the yarrow'
'So he's alright?' I asked and she nodded.
'After me saying all that, he's awake now if you want to see him' she added.
'You go' said Yukio 'I'll wait here'
'What? why?'
'You heard her. The bullet I put in him was the reason he couldn't heal like normal. I almost killed my own brother'
I took his hands 'it wasn't your fault, you weren't yourself and Rin's alright' he sniffed and followed me in.

'I was wondering when you'd show up. I've been so bored' Rin smiled.
'Umi's been here all night' said Yukio 'We've only just been told you were awake'
'All night? Really?' I nodded 'wow' he looked to Yukio 'you okay? you've gone quiet all of a sudden'
'I'm fine' he repiled.
'You know this isn't your fault right? no one blames you'
'I blame me though' he said not looking at either of us.
'Well do me a favour, and don't' he smiled.
He looked back to me.