Chapter fourteen

Sinner or Saint

'What is that thing?' asked Kamiki pointing to the sky.
'I think that must be the Messiah' answered Neko just before a huge missile like object dropped into the gate and exploded.
But it had no effect, in fact, it just seemed to make the gate angrier...
'Oh dear' mumbled Shima 'this can't be good'
'That doesn't matter now, we need to save Yukio' I said.
Satan Yukio turned to face us.
'Save him?' he laughed 'he doesn't need saving. I've made him better, stronger and together we will create a world that unites Gehenna and Assiah'
'What? that's not possible. They're seperate for a reason'
'You brats are beginning to annoy me'
'Get out of our friend!' yelled Sugro and ran towards him but Yukio just flicked us off like we were nothing.
'Yukio! I know you can hear me!' called Rin.
'Your baby brother isn't here anymore, his body is merely a vessel to my will'
'Shut the up!' shouted Rin before punching Yukio in the face.
'You dare challenge me??' he punched and kicked Rin and he just stood there and took the beating 'how dare you try and challenge me you little er' he threw Rin against a wall.
'Ayumi, get everyone out of here' called Shura 'I'll deal with him'
Yukio laughed again 'and how do you think you'll do that?'
'Now Ayumi!' I did as I was told.
But not for long.

As soon as I knew everyone was safe I went back up to the roof.
Shura wasn't doing very well.
'Yukisan, I know you're still in there' I called to him 'and I know you wouldn't want to do this'
'Umichan? I told you to leave' said Shura.
'And you should know by now that I don't leave my friends when they're in trouble' I turned back to Yukio 'please, let my friend go' I begged.
'Would your friend do this?' he picked me up by the throat and squeezed.
'Yuki...please' I choked.
'Let her go!' Rin shouted.
'Ah, I wondered when you'd be back' he smiled and dropped me. As I sat trying to catch my breath, I saw Rin drop his sword.
'I'm not going to fight my brother' he said and looked up 'I'm going to try one more time to see if you're in there Yukio, and if it doesn't work, then I'll kill you'
'Rin...help me...' Yukio's voice came through 'help me please'
'What? you were meant to stay asleep!'
'Yukio! can you hear me??'
'I can hear you Rin' Yukio stretched out his hand 'help me...'
'NO I WILL NOT BE DENINED AGAIN!' there was a shot and Rin fell to his knees holding his stomach, blood pooled around his fingers and dripped onto the floor 'what are you waiting for?? FINISH HIM!' Satan yelled and Yukio pointed his gun at Rin again.
'NO YUKIO DON'T!' I screamed.
'DO IT!' Yukio faltered pulling the trigger then put the gun to his own head.
'It worked to get rid of you last time' he said with tears in his eyes 'it'll work again'
'You would rather kill yourself then have all this power?'
'I swore to protect my brother' he replied 'I'll do whatever it takes'
'Then do it, the gates almost open now anyway' Satan said 'do it you coward!'
'Don't you dare' Rin knocked the gun out of Yukio's hand 'you stupid four-eyes, I'm not losing you too'
Yukio blinked as the flames disappeared.
'Rin...I'm sorry...' he cried 'I'm so sorry' Rin put his arms around him.
'It's okay he replied hugging him.
'But the gate. what are we going to do?...'