Chapter six

Sinner or Saint

The council chambers were huge. I caught sight of Rin trapped in some sort of crystalised cage. I wanted to cry, how could they do this to him?
Mephisto was standing on a platform giving a testimony.
'The plan is to make Rin Okumura into a weapon, to use his power to save Assiah'
'That is a huge gamble to put on a child' a member said.
'The child of Satan' said another. I cringed.
'Well is there anyone willing to place a bet?' Mephisto grinned.
There was a loud thud at the entranceto the chambers and then the door burst off its hinges.
'Is this something to do with you Mephisto?'
'Moi? how could it have been when I've been talking to you lovely people?'
'I have you now Okumura' laughed Amaimon as he transformed into a massive stone monster 'and no one is going to stop me this time'
'That's where you're wrong!' shouted Shura as she sliced her finger with her sword and let blood drip onto the blade 'SNAKEFANG!' she struck out almost inviable shots towards Amaimon but they barely scratched the surface.
Amaimon laughed and flicked Shura away as if she was nothing.
'Now where's that sword?'
'Right here!' I called and ran for it.
'Do you really have time to wait now sir? asked Mephisto.
'Do as Sir Pheles says, release the demon. Let us see if what he says is true'
Rin was dropped to the floor but didn't move.
'Shima catch! I yelled and threw the sword, Shima faltered slightly but managed to catch it.
'Professor Okumura, it's yours!' Yukio made to grab it but Amaimon pushed him out of the way.
'YUKI!' I cried and ran over.
'Stay where you are!' he shouted. He wasn't that far from where Rin was slumped on the ground 'this better work' he said as he placed it on top of him.
Amaimon was too distracted by Shima and Suguro to notice.
'Come on Rin' I pleaded 'wake up'
His body became covered in blue flames again as he stood up.
'This is the last time' he said 'AMAIMON!'
The demon turned to face him and smiled 'at last, you're awake, I was getting bored'
'No more will you hurt my friends'
He took a running jump into the air and swung his sword down slashing it right down the middle of Amaimon's creation. It became covered int he same blue flames that surrounded Rin.
'Brother!' he called to Mephisto as both him and whatever it was both disintergrated.
'See?' smiled Mephisto 'the perfect weapon'