Chapter eight

Sinner or Saint

We found them on the roof.
'Rin be careful, that thing has Neko' I called.
'What...?'
'We have become one in order to destroy you. I have made him stronger and more powerful' It grabbed Rin by the head.
'Neko, don't let it control you' I said 'RIn was your friend, he still is. He's the same as before'
'She's right' Rin said 'i f you wanted to kill me then you would be able to do it without help'
'Stop, he's just trying to trick you, don't listen to them'
'Look in your heart' Rin continued 'you don't really want to do this, you're too nice'
'Rin...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...' Neko sobbed and he dropped Rin.
'NO don't listen to him!' Neko was released from its grip.
I pulled Rin's sword from its scabbard and ran towards the demon.
'Ayumi don't!' shouted Shima as I lept at it.
'Umichan what are you doing?' shouted Rin
I struck at the monster and it expolded. Fetheres drifted down all around us.
...

'Umichan, are you okay?' Rin asked and I nodded.
'I..I'm fine...I think'
'How did you do  that?' said Shima amazed. 
I shrugged 'I have no idea...it just sort of...happened'
'Thank you Ayumi' muttered Neko.
'It's okay, friends look out for each other' I smiled and he bowed his head.
'I'm so sorry...to both of you'
'Friends also forgive each other' said rin as he came beside me 'are you sure you're okay?' he asked and I nodded.
'Look at me, I'm perfectly fine' I said and he hugged me.
'You're so amazing Umichan' he said as he wrapped his arm around me 'I don't know what I'd do without you'
I blushed bright red 'thank you' I muttered as I hugged him back as tight as I could.
...
'You used Rin's sword??' asked Yukio in shock.
I rolled my eyes 'yes Yuki, I used Rin's sword. Why id it such a big deal? look at me, I'm perfectly fine'
'You used a demons weapon Ayumi, there's precautions that need to be taken' I sighed.
'I'm not turning into a demon right?'
'Well no...but...'
'Then I'm fine' I hoped down off of the examination table 'thank you for your concern Yukisan' I kissed his cheek and left the room.
'You're an idiot Kano' said Suguro.
'Thanks very nuch' I replied 'all I did was save your friend from becoming posessed by a demon but if that makes me an idiot then fine'
That left him speechless but after class he came and apoligised. I just said it didn't matter, I couldn't be bothered for another argument.