Chapter two

Sinner or Saint

'Rin! watch out!' it was too late, he was able to draw his sword in time but ended up dropping it as the demon picked him up and threw him agaisnt the wall. I ran over to him.
'Rin, can you hear me? Rin??' his eyes were closed 'RIn wake up!' I shook him but nothing happened.
The monster grabbed him from my arms and I screamed, there had to be something I could do to help him...
...
I sat bolt upright in bed sweating and panting. Thank God it had only been a dream.
There was a knock at the door.
'Umichan? are you alright? I heard a scream' it was Yukio, Rin's twin brother. I swallowed.
I'm fine Yuki' I called back 'just a bad dream'
'May I come in?'
'If-if you want' I mumbled and the door opened. Yukio sat on the edge of the bed.
'Was it about RIn again?'
I stared 'how did you...?'
'I've heard you talking in your sleep. You always call out his name' I blusehd and he smiled 'you don't need to be embarrassed, You care a lot about him, I know that and to be honest, I'm glad becasue now I know i'm not the only one'
I bowed my head 'I care about you both' I said 'you were the first not to treat me like some sort of freak'
He hugged me 'life has been so hard on you and you're still so loving and caring' he whispered 'thank you Ayumi, I'm glad my brother has a friend like you to rely on'
I blushed again 'it's me who should be thankful ti you Yukio' I replied 'you and RIn saved me and for that I'll be eteranlly grateful' I said as I hugged him back.
...
I know that I shouldn;t worry over a gream but sometimes Rin could be so reckless that it wasn;t totally impossible for him to mess up right?
I sighed. There was no way I was going back to sleep now. I looked at the clock, it was only 4am. Great.
May as well get up then. I streatched and went downstairs. The dorms looked so different at night, I wondered the halls wondering what to do when I hears a noise behind me.
I turned around but there was nothing there. I guess old building always creak and groan.
But then I heard a voice too...
'Who's there?' I called out nervously and I was flung against a wall by some invisable force 'owww' I groaned 'what was that for?'
'You are friends with Rin Okumura, correct?' said the voice.
'Depends on who's asking' I replied and a grotesque looking creature appeared in front of me and grabbed me.
'How is the son of Satan friends with such a pathetic being?'
I frowned 'you better watch who you call pathetic, I may be small but I can still beat you' The creature laughed.
I realised then that where it was holding me wa sbeginning to burn
'You're...you're a ghoul' I gasped and stuggled in it's grip.
'Clever little human' it laughed as i struggled more 'I'm not letting you go until he comes, maybe not even then' It was using me as bait to lure Rin.
'Rin, whatever you do, do not come looking for me' I inwardly pleaded not that it mattered because he would never listen to me
'I'd let my friend go if I was you' I heard Rin's voice.
'You idiot' I muttered as I lost conciousness.