Chapter seventeen

Sinner or Saint

'Did you mean what you you said before?'
'Mean what?' I asked.
'Yesterday, when you said you loved me' I blushed bright red.
'I'll leave you to it' said Yukio and he left the room.
'Well? did you or not?'
'Yes Rin, I meant it. I've always loved you, ever since we were kids'
'Why didn't you say anything?'
'Because I didn't think you'd be interested in me' I said quietly 'you were always sp lous and adventurous and I was quiet and nerdy and kinda weak'
'So you kept it a secret all this time?' I nodded.
'I thought you would think I was stupid or make fun of me' Rin laughed 'What's so funny?' I frowned.
'Nothing, I just can't believe you kept it quiet for so long' he took my hand 'because you didn't need to'
'What do you mean?'
'I mean that I love you too Umichan, I always have' he kissed my hand 'you're one of the strongest people i've ever met'
'I'm not really' I looked away.
'Yes you are. You're perfect Ayumi' he leant up and kissed me 'we can both be sorry for not saying anything sooner' he smiled and I giggled.
Rin made room for me on the small bed for me to lie down next to him and I snuggled in as tmuch as I could without hurting him anymore.
'Do you think we're safe now?' I asked 'will Satan come back?' Rin my hair and sighed.
'I don't know' he admitted 'and I don't like not knowing'
'We'll be ready though, if he does' I said.
Rin kissed my forehead 'of course we will' he replied.

'There's still one thing I don't understand' I said the next day 'how am I resistant to Rin and Yukio's flames?'
Mephisto shrugged 'I have no idea my dear' he admitted 'but let's just be thankful that you are, else you and Mr Okumura couldn't be together' he smiled and I blushed.
'H-how did you know about that?' asked Rin. Mephisto laughed.
'My dear boy the whole Academy knows and congratulates you both' Rin rolled his eyes.
'Nothing's ever secret anymore'
'And people are okay now...with Rin and Yukio being...as they are?'
'Of course, they are after all the reason that the Gehenna gate was destroyed, they saved the school and the whole of Assiah. If anything, everyone is in debt to the two of you' he said to Rin.
Rin said nothing.
'I hope the two of you are very happy together' Mephisto continued.
'Thank you Sir Pheles' I said and he smiled.
We would be happy.
No matter what it took ot who tried to stop us (or what) me and Rin were determined to make this work.
And it would.
I'd make sure of it.

 

 

THE END :)