Chapter three

Sinner or Saint

I woke up in hospital attatched to some sort of machine. I disconnected myself from it and got out of bed. I had to find him. But instead I found his brother.
'Yukio, where's RIn? is he okay?'
'Ayumi, you need to be resting' he said. I shook my head.
'I need to see Rin. I pushed past him.
'Umichan come back, you're hurt too' I looked down at my leg 'sprirt wound from a ghoul, you need to let it heal'
'Just tell me he's okay Yuki' he didn't answer 'I'm going to see him' Yukio sighed and let me pass this time.

His eyes were closed and he looked pale. I reached out and took his hand, his skin was icy to the touch. I felt like crying
'You're such an idiot' I whispered angrily 'why did you have to come and save me? now look at you' I paused as a tear rolled down my cheek 'please be alright' I begged him 'I can't lose you'
On the outside, he looked fine apart from a few cuts and bruises. Whatever had happened had gone further than just skin deep.
'I don't understand you...you're a demon too. How did you end up like this? Why couldn't you defeat it?
'He did beat it? Yukio appeared behind me 'that's how he ended up this way, saving you from the ghoul took everything Rin had'
'You're such an idiot' I shook my head and Yukio giggled 'what's so funny?' I asked frowning.
'He's always been they type to think with his heart rather than his head' he said 'and sometimes following our hearts makes us idiots'
'Always so deep Yukisan' I murmmered, and he blushed.
'You should go and rest now' he said 'you're just as important to me as Rin. Don't worry, I'll stay with him'
I didn't want to go but Yukio was right and to be honest, I was feeling a bit queezy

My dream had come true, Rin had been attacked and unable to win and if he kept it up then he would die and I wouldn't be able to live with myself
...
'So you're the ohuman that's got my brother all crazy'
'Who are you?' I asked
'I'm Amaimon' it replied 'God of the Earth'
I frowned 'you're a God? Aren't you a bit...weedy?' I giggled
'Oh haha very funny' Amaimon rolled his eyes 
'I'm sorry' I said 'what are you doing here?
'I came to have some fun but I'm bored'
'Seriously, are you like actually a child?'
'What do you mean?'
'Saying you're bored'
'Well, I am' he shrugged. My turn to roll my eyes. Then I  noticed he was holding Rin's sword.
'Why have you got that?'
'I told you, I wanted to have some fun but Okumura is asleep'
'He's asleep because he's hurt'
'Oh then I guess it wouldn't work if I did this' he said as he drew the weapon
'No, don't!' but it was too late
Amaimon tapped his foot 'I'm waitingggggg' I tried to grab it back but missed and landed at Rin's feet.
'We've been through this once already' he growled 'give it back'
'Come and get it' smirked Amaimon and Rin lunged at him.
'Be careful Rin, you're still sick' I called but he ignored me.
He looked different, usually when I'd seen him in his demon form he had still looked somewhat human but now I couldn't tell at all. My mind flashed back to when I'd first seen him change and thought he wanted to kill me. I had to do something

'Enough!' I yelled and they both stopped.
Rin looked me dead in the eye and I saw his human side again.
'You can control the flames when the sword is sheathed Rin, you can do it now' I his cheek 'you possess the power, the power doesnt possess you. You can do it, I know you can'
He blinked and the flames disappeared.
'Aww that's no fun' Amaimon flung the sword away and then vanished.
'Ayumi...' Rin whispered.
'Shhh it's alright' he collapsed in my arms and I held him close to me 'everything's alright' I whispered.