Chapter 2

Falling in Love with my Best Friend

They’re in college now, and as usual they’re always together. Both of them are single, haven’t had a girlfriend or boyfriend since birth.

“Seohyun…” Kyuhyun whispered at her. “Look at that girl.” He pointed to a girl sitting to a table next to them.

“What?” she asked raising her brow.

“She’s perfect! Look, she’s my ideal one. She has short hair, and those killer legs.” Kyuhyun said then  Seohyun looked at the girl from head to toe.

“I don’t care.” She lied.

“I want to court her. Are you with me?” Kyuhyun holds her hand.

“Ewww…don’t hold my hand.” She pulled her hand from Kyuhyun.

“Please…help me with her. You know I can do nothing without your help. It’s my first time to court a girl.” Kyuhyun begged at her.

“Fine! Hmp!” she drinks her juice.

“Thank you Seohyunnie…Don’t worry, I’ll find a perfect man for you too.” Kyuhyun kissed her on the cheek.

“What the?!” she reacted a bit annoyed. Then she looked back at the girl, and felt a little insecure. “Aish!!! I’m going…” she stood up with her head aching, thinking why she’s reacting like that.

“Wait, Hyun!” Kyuhyun followed her.

 

Classes are over, but Seohyun decided to check on the gym first for she likes playing basketball.  “Pfft! Kyuhyun must be somewhere courting that girl! I don’t care, I really don’t!”

She reached the gym then when she opened the door she saw a man playing alone. With his built, he sure is a school’s varsity player. The guy noticed her and smiled at her. He threw a ball at her then she shoots it.

“Nice one!” the guy complimented her.

“Thanks!” she so shy since it’s her first time to have a close encounter with a school’s varsity whom the girls scream for during plays. She can say to herself that she’s a lucky one. Yes, she has a girl’s heart despite of the way she dresses up.

“I knew you, you are Seo Joohyun.” The guy said.

“How did you know?” She wondered.

“You are a dean’s lister. You must be very intelligent.” The guy said.

“Hmmm…thanks.” She blush a little.

“By the way, I’m Shim Changmin. You can call me by my first name, ok?” he said.

“Sure…”Seohyun stuttered.

“Seohyun!” someone called her. It was Kyuhyun.

“Hey! I’ve been looking for you. You said you’ll help me with her.” Kyuhyun said to her.

“Ahh…Kyu…this is Changmin oppa. Oppa, this is Kyuhyun, my best friend.” Seohyun didn’t mind what Kyuhyun just said and introduced the two guys with each other.

Changmin offered his hand for a handshake, Kyuhyun stared at it thinking if he will accept it or not. But because Seohyun glared at him, he shook hands with Changmin.

“We have to go now, oppa.” Seohyun bowed at him.

“Ok, bye…Kyuhyun, take care of the beautiful lady you’re with.” Changmin said. And as they walk away Kyuhyun noticed that Seohyun is blushing and that made him frown. It’s his first time to see his best friend like that. “That guy made her blush?” he rolled his eyes.

“Seo Joohyun, are you out of your mind? Why are you smiling by yourself?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Nothing…”Seohyun lied.

“You have a crush on that varsity player. Let me remind you, he’s a player!” Kyuhyun ruining her moment of daydreaming.

“Yah! So what? It’s just a crush!” she rolled her eyes.

“So you really have a crush on him? Now…what will you do to help me for that girl?” he finally asked.

“What I can do is encourage you. Hello? You don’t need somebody else to court a girl!” Seohyun yelled at him. “Stand on your own!”

“Fine! I’ll be starting tomorrow…” Kyuhyun said and they go home.

 

Kyuhyun’s home…

“Hyung? Noona?” Kyuhyun was surprised seeing Siwon and Tiffany. "What are you doing here?"

"We're here for business. Aren't you happy to see us?" Siwon asked.

"No...It's not that. I'm just surprised. You'lll stay here?" Kyuhyun asked back.

“Yes! We’ll only stay here for…I don’t know yet.” Siwon said.

“Maybe years….”Tiffany chuckled showing her  eye smile.

“I think so…”Siwon added.

Seohyun entered Kyuhyun’s house with a popsicle stucked in . She saw Siwon, Kyuhyun’s cousin and her cousin, Tiffany.

“Hnn…Hnnnn…” she intended to shout but the popsicle is blocking . Tiffany and Siwon laughed at her. She then removed the popsicle.

“Are you making fun of me, unnie, oppa?” Seohyun pouted.

“You’re still so childish…You are a lady now, don’t you realized it?” Tiffany said while holding her shoulders.

“That’s what I’m saying. At least she should wear something nice…”Kyuhyun said with a disgusted look in his face.

“Well…even if she dresses that way, she’s still beautiful and cute.” Siwon said. Kyuhyun smirked shaking his head. Seohyun threw a pillow she grabbed at the sofa on Kyuhyun.

“Ouch!” Kyuhyun reacted.

“Good for you!” Seohyun glared at him.

“Seohyun! Do you love me as your unnie?” Tiffany asked her.

“Why ask? Of course, unnie!” Seohyun said and Tiffany hugged her.

“So, you will go shopping with me tomorrow and have a make over ok? No but’s…You love me right, so you have to obey me.”Tiffany said with out a cut.

“Unnie….” Seohyun begged.

“No but’s I said.” Tiffany winked at her. “Don’t worry…”

“As if a make over will do anything to her.” Kyuhyun said. Seohyun runs to Kyuhyun and rides his back and started pulling his hair.

“Ahhh…” Kyuhyun screamed. “Seo Joohyun stop it.” The two keep on acting childish especially Seohyun so Tiffany and Siwon laughed at them.

“We’re going. Bye.” They said but the two seemed like they didn’t heard anything.

“Yah!” Kyuhyun won and Seohyun ended up laying on the cushion, Kyuhyun pinned her.

“Ahh… Let me go!” Seohyun said.

“I won’t if you don’t behave.” Kyuhyun smirked at her.

“Fine!” Seohyun gave up. “Let me go now.”

Kyuhyun stared at her for a moment, and realized that his best friend is really beautiful. But she’s not his ideal type, he brought that in his mind that he won’t fall in love with her. He doesn’t want their friendship to end.

 

 

Changmin appeared in the story…hehe.

Do you think Kyuhyun likes Seohyun as more than a friend?

But he likes another girl right? His ideal one…but who can that be?