Chapter 4

Falling in Love with my Best Friend

Sooyoung saw what happened between Kyuhyun and Seohyun because she’s about to walk out of the gate when she heard two people arguing. She also saw Seohyun running away with tears falling from her eyes.

“She likes Kyuhyun, I think…Sorry…” she whispered. She then turned around and bumped into a man, her face is stucked to his chest.  “Mianhe…” she looked up to the man and felt embarrassed.

“It’s ok…” the man said then he walked out of the gate.

“He smells good even if he’s sweating…”she blushed. “Hey Sooyoung! You already have a boyfriend, stop these y thoughts about that man.” She slapped herself to wake up to reality.

“Sooyoung???” Kyuhyun noticed that she’s in front of the gate.

“Kyu…I’m going home.” She said with a smile.

“Alright! I’ll take you home.” He said then holds her hand.

While in the car, Sooyoung remembered what happened earlier. She wanted to ask Kyuhyun about it but she thought he might think that she’s an eavesdropper.

“Where is Seohyun?” she finally break the ice.

“She might be at home right now, why?” he asked.

“You’re always together, but not now. Just wondering…” she said.

“Don’t worry, we’re fine.” He said but she noticed the look on his face. “They’re not!” she thought.

After Kyuhyun dropped Sooyoung at her house, he decided to check on Seohyun so he goes straight to her house. But before that, he goes to the shop where Seohyun usually buys her favorite goguma cake.

“She’ll like this!” he chuckled.

 

At Seohyun’s…

“Hi aunt!” Kyuhyun kissed Seohyun’s mom on her cheek. “Where is Seohyun?”

“Ohh…She’s up in her room. She said she’s not feeling well.” Her mom said.

“Can I go up to her room? I bought her this goguma cake.” He said.

“Alright! She didn’t eat anything when she got here. She said she’s not hungry.”

“Don’t worry aunt, I know she can’t resist goguma.” He chuckled. Seohyun’s mom nodded and signaled him to go to Seohyun’s room now.

 

Knock! Knock!

No answer…So Kyuhyun just entered her room; he saw that someone is under the blanket. He wanted to make a prank on her but he remembered that they’re not in good terms right now. So he leaned closer to her to know if she’s already asleep. He slowly removed the blanket from Seohyun’s face and he saw that she’s already sleeping soundly.

“Sleeping beauty…” he whispered. He caressed Seohyun’s face, he suddenly blushed because it’s his first time to see her sleeping at peace, and she looks like an angel. He didn’t realize that he’s leaning closer to her and when their foreheads touched, he felt that Seohyun is hot, she has a fever. He panicked; he goes down and told Seohyun’s mom that she has a fever.

“No aunt, I’ll take care of it.” He said as Seohyun’s mother is preparing a towel and water.

Kyuhyun rushed to her room and took care of her.

“I’m sorry…it’s my fault, I know.” He whispered to her.

“Kyu…you hate me?” Seohyun is dreaming.

“Why would I hate you? I don’t hate you…” he answered.

“Then, you love me?” she asked again in her dream.

“I do…” he answered quickly. “Yes, because we’re best friends right?”

Seohyun didn’t answer back; he just noticed a tear fell from her eye.

“Why??? Did I hurt you that much? Sorry…My promise to protect you will never change.” He said as he wipes the tear.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and it opened, it was Seohyun’s mom.

“Did she cry?” she asked Kyuhyun.

“Sorry, aunt. I yelled at her earlier, but I swear I didn’t mean to.” Kyuhyun explained.

“I know…But this kid, you know her, she gets fever everytime she cries.” Seohyun’s mom shook her head. “She always thinks she’s strong…” she sighed. “I’ll go now ok? There is a comforter over there, so if you feel sleepy, just get it. Thank you for taking care of her, Kyu.”

“No problem, aunt. It’s my promise…” he said.

“Seohyunnie…get well soon. Goguma cake is waiting for you.” He said and holds her hand. He’s surprised that it is so soft, despite of her playing basketball. He smiled thinking about that.

Ring! Ring!

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun answered his phone.

“Is it true that Seohyun is sick?” Siwon on the other line asked.

“Yes, hyung.” He said.

“Tiff is so worried. She told me that they’re supposed to have a girl bonding and shopping earlier but Seohyun didn’t come, she even doesn’t answer her phone.” Siwon said.

“Hyung…it’s my fault, really. I yelled at her telling that Sooyoung is my girlfriend now.” Kyuhyun confessed.

“You yelled at her because of a girl? And who is Sooyoung by the way; you haven’t introduced her to us.” Siwon said. After that, someone grabbed Siwon’s phone away from him.

“I heard it! How dare you yell at my dongsaeng?” Tiffany was furious because she cared so much about her cousin. “Tiff, stop it. I’ll take care of it.” Kyuhyun heard Siwon stopped Fany.

“Let’s talk tomorrow Kyu. I’ll hang up now.” Siwon said.

 

“Hurting you is like a mortal sin.” Kyuhyun chuckled at Seohyun as he removes some hair strands from her face and stared at her pretty face. “Aish, Kyuhyun! Are you crazy? You’re eyes couldn’t stop themselves from sinning, she’s your best friend lemme remind you.” Kyuhyun talked to himself.

 

Ring! Ring!

“Ahhhh…How bothersome!” Kyuhyun scratched his head the answered his phone without looking who’s calling. “What?!”

“Oppa? Are you angry?” the person on the other line asked.

“Sooyoung? Oh sorry…I’m just tired.” He said.

“Where are you?” she asked.

“I’m…at home of course!” he lied.

“Ok…So, I’ll see you tomorrow?” she asked again.

“Yeah…See you.” He said lazily.

“See you…Good night, oppa…and sweet dreams.” They both hung up.

 

Sooyoung…

“Kyuhyun oppa is a perfect man. Yeah, I already noticed him since day one and I never expected that he likes me too. I thought that, that Seohyun girl is his girlfriend…But why did I accepted him right away? Liking him isn’t enough reason for that.” She sighed. “What’s important is I have fame, I have a super handsome boyfriend and he’s rich also. I really have to forget about Hankyung oppa. Wait! Am I doing this because of him?”

Flashback:

“Sorry Sooyoung…” Hankyung oppa said.

“Why are you saying sorry? Something wrong?”  I asked.

“I’m leaving…for good.” He said.

“For good? You will leave me? You’ll come back right?” so many questions escaped my mouth.

“Sorry…” is all what Hankyung oppa can say.

“Sorry? You’re not coming back? Why?” tears started to fall from my eyes.

“Look! I love you…But I love my parents too and my career.” He said and he received a slap from me.

“You mean I’m not that important to you?” I asked as I begin hitting his chest.

He stopped me by holding both of my wrists. “I said sorry. Please, let’s just move on with our lives. I know you’ll find the right man for you soon.” He said and left me without any second glance.

As he goes farther, I saw a girl hugged him and kissed him on the cheek then on the lips.

“How dare you, oppa!!!” I run towards them and throw my sandals at them and it hit the girl’s head.

“What’s wrong with you, Sooyoung?” he said raising his voice.

“What’s wrong with me? Huh! What’s wrong with you?! You liar, cheater! And that ! You belong together! You’ll pay for this!” I said furiously.

“Let’s leave…”he said to the girl as he caresses her back because she got embarrassed by what I’ve said.

“That’s right! Leave, you losers! No one can mess with me.” I warned them.

Now, I’ve learned that Hankyung oppa and that girl will get married soon, that’s why I was forced to accept Kyuhyun right away. He’s mine now, and I won’t let anyone to steal him. I know I sound so selfish but I can’t help it, what’s mine is mine.

 

 

Hmmm...it seemed like it's Kyu is hiding something inside him.

What do you think of Sooyoung, do I made her bad here? Sorry for her fans.