Chapter 3

Falling in Love with my Best Friend

It’s lunch time, and it’s Kyuhyun’s plan to introduce himself to the girl he likes. Seohyun is right behind him but a little too far to give him support…even if she really doesn’t like. She even thought of hating that girl, she’s jealous right but not the romantic one. The girl was sitting alone in a table near them when Kyuhyun approached her.

“Hi there!” Kyuhyun greeted her, she looked up and smiled at him.

“Hi!” she greeted cheerfully.

“By the way, I’m Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun.” He offered his hand for a hand shake.

“Hi Kyuhyun-ssi. I’m Choi Sooyoung.” She reached for Kyuhyun’s hand. “Nice meeting you.”

“Can I buy you something. You keep on reading the book and you haven’t eaten.” He said.

“Hey! How did you know?” Sooyoung chuckled.

“Me and my best friend saw you. Wait! I’ll call her.” Kyuhyun runs to Seohyun and pulled her. “Here! Meet my best friend, Seohyun. Seo, she’s Sooyoung.” Seohyun just nodded showing no interest.

“Nice meeting you, Seohyun-ssi.” Sooyoung greeted her.

Kyuhyun bought food for them and they started to converse with each other while Seohyun  sits beside Kyuhyun like she’s not existing. And that made her pissed.

“How dare this Kyuhyun ignore me?!” she thought. “Excuse me. I remember I have to fix some things in my locker.” She stood up and goes to her favorite place, the gym.

When she got there, she saw Changmin again.

“Oppa!!!” she called him.

“Oh! Hi Seohyun, missed me?” Changmin joked.

“You wish!” Seohyun laughed.

“Where is your best friend?” he asked while glancing at the door if someone’s with her.

“He’s out dating someone.” She pouted.

“You seem jealous, huh?” he teased.

“I am not! Why would I?” she grabs the ball from his hand and shoots it.

“You really are good in basketball. Wanna play with me?” he asked.

“Then prepare yourself, oppa.” She grinned.

 

Back at the cafeteria…

Kyuhyun and Sooyoung got to know each other already.

“You know what? When I first saw you, I felt something weird here.” He pointed on his chest.

“Oppa…Are you courting me? It’s only been an hour…” Sooyoung laughed.

“What if I say yes? Would you be my girlfriend?” he asked. He knows that it’s too fast but at least he still gave it a try.

“Hmmm…”Sooyoung smiled sweetly. “Oppa…Am I your first girlfriend if ever?” she asked.

“Yes!” he said.

“Do you not have any feelings for Seohyun, your best friend? You’ve known each other for so long.” She asked again. Kyuhyun froze for a moment and answered. “My love for her is only as a friend?” He said, unsure of his answer.

“I see…Well, I am single too. So it is possible that…” she said. “I’m your girlfriend now oppa.” She continued.

“Yes!!!” Kyuhyun stood up from his seat and expressed his happiness and hugged her. He didn’t expect it to be that easy because he has been stuck at Seohyun who is so tough when it comes to things like this.

“Oppa!!! Stop it, they’re staring.” Sooyoung said.

“I don’t care. I am so happy.” He said. “I’ll tell this to Seohyun right away. I’ll take you to your class first.”

Kyuhyun bought Sooyoung to her class and started searching for Seohyun.

 

At the gym…

“Oppa, what’s wrong? Are you a guy or what?” Seohyun laughed, dribbling the ball.

“I’ll get you Seohyun!!!” he said and tried to steal the ball from Seohyun but he failed again. Seohyun shoots it again.

“Oppa, you lost!” she said jumping victoriously.

“It’s not yet over, 3 minutes left.” He said.

Changmin has the ball and Seohyun didn’t manage to steal it as he shoots it. They’re now tie.

“I have it now! I won’t let you get in my way.” She said.

Changmin do his best by blocking Seohyun, he’s using his big built now. He can see in Seohyun’s face that she’s annoyed, she wanted to win over him. He chuckled softly as he tried to grab the ball from her hands. Seohyun was holding it tightly, so Changmin ended up hugging her from the back.

“I won’t give this to you.” Seohyun yelled. Changmin is still in hugging her. Only seconds left but Changmin didn’t let her move. “What is he doing?" she thought.

 

“Where are you Seohyun?” Kyuhyun sang happily as he reached the gym. “She must be there.”

He entered the room and saw Changmin hugging Seohyun from behind. He runs to them and pushed Changmin.

“What are you doing to my best friend?” Kyuhyun yelled at him and Seohyun was surprised.

“We’re just playing, Kyu-ah.” Seohyun reasoned out.

“Playing? Don’t you realized that he’s hugging you?” he scolded her.

“What is it to you?” Changmin blurted out. “Are you jealous?”

Kyuhyun stopped for a while. Seohyun stared at him, waiting for him to answer.

“Let’s go, Hyun.” He pulled Seohyun’s hand and left the room.

When they were far away from the gym, Seohyun couldn’t take Kyuhyun’s pulling while he’s walking fastly with wide steps.

“Wait! Kyu…wait! I’m tired…” they stopped walking while Seohyun is catching some air. After a few seconds, “Are you crazy? What happened earlier?” she asked Kyuhyun.

“Are you slow or what? Can’t you feel that man is taking advantage to you?” Kyuhyun scolded her.

“Your mind is so dirty…We’re just playing, since you do not want to play basketball with me anymore.” She said.

“So, you are blaming me?” he said as he walked around with his both hands on his waist.

“Maybe you are just so busy…with other things…” she said raising her eyebrow.

“Sooyoung isn’t a thing, she is my girlfriend!” Kyuhyun shouted at her.

Seohyun froze where she’s standing and tried to hold her tears. She’s about to cry not just because Kyuhyun yelled at her but also he just said that Sooyoung is his girlfriend now. "Girlfriend?" she whispered.

“Fine! I guess you don’t need me anymore. So you can stop bothering me playing with Changmin.” She runs away because she cannot control her tears anymore. Kyuhyun tried to run after her but his mind told him not to follow her.

 

 

 

Seohyun is jealous and hurt too. Kyuhyun is jealous too, but what kind of jealousy was that?

Comments please...:)