One

The way fate work

Taeyeon and Yuri had just arrived at Incheon International Airport. Both of them were sent by their parents to the States to study and learn more about business management as both of them were the heirs of their family businesses. Both their parents are very close business partners. They had been the bestest of friends since childhood. They went to the same schools and played together. And you can say they rely on each other a lot as they were both the only child.

Both of them went through the immigrations and collected their luggages before exiting the gate. There at the barricades of the arrival gate was a male chauffeur of the Kim family waiting for them.

Just as they exited the door, Yuri's phone rang.

"Hello"

"Yul, Uncle Jung won't be fetching you at the airport as all of us are going to gather now to have dinner at Y Restaurant. All of us as in Taeyeon and his parents, you and me and your mum. So just stick with Taeyeon alright. I'll see you later"

"Understood dad"

Yuri hung up the phone.

"Who was that?"

"It was my dad. He told me to follow you as Uncle Jung won't be here to fetch me since all of us are going to meet up for dinner now"

"Ahh. Nice. Let's get going"

They had small talks while walking towards the location where the car was parked and all of a sudden Taeyeon and a lady who was busy looking into her phone bumped into each other. Due to the collision, the Starbucks drink that Taeyeon was holding fell onto the ground and spilled.

The annoyed Taeyeon looked up to look at the female to give her a piece of mind.

"Hey! Why didn't you watch where you were going?!?! See what mess have you done to this public floor?! What if someone slip and fall while walking?? You should not have played with your phone when walking!"

"I'm sorry….."

The girl apologized as she held her head up to face him.

She was wearing a black short dress. Her hair was long with beautiful curls at the end and her hair color was shades of brown. Her face looked as though it was glowing and her skin was milky white.

She looked so beautiful that Taeyeon who was initially so angry was stunned by her beauty.

"I'll get the housekeeping person to clean this up. But you. Please don't do this again.. You should be more mindful of your surroundings so that you won't injure others"

Taeyeon then instructed his chauffeur to inform the Information Counter staff to get someone to clean up and walked away.

Yuri followed suit.

That lady who he bumped into didn't even get to chance to respond back to him and walk off too right after.

(What a weird guy…) - Tiffany

-

Yuri and Taeyeon arrived at the restaurant and placed their orders. Their parents were already seated and waiting for their arrival since fifteen minutes ago.

"So how was the stay there boys? Are you both ready to join the company?", Mr Kim asked.

"Appa... Why are you talking about work the first thing when they arrived. You should ask about their well-being first..", Mrs Kim grumbled.

The two boys giggled.

"Omma don't worry. We are fine and came back in one piece didn't we? I missed you so much though!", Taeyeon went over to hug his beloved mum tightly.

"Me too! I miss you too omma", Yuri the next to hug his mum.

"How about us?", Mr Kwon frowned.

"We both miss all of you!", the both of them answered in unison.

They did some catching up over dinner. After they had their fill, they exited the restaurant. Just right in front of the restaurant's entrance, Taeyeon bumped into someone.

"What the…", he mumbled as he looked up.

The two of them faced each other.

"How come it's you again... And bumping into me again…", Taeyeon said in a subtle tone while looking at the familiar girl in front of him.

"I'm sorry.. I wasn't playing with my phone this time.. The floor right there was slippery…", she explained while pointing to the puddle of water on the floor.

"Let's just leave Taeng", Yuri said.

"Hey.. We keep crossing paths... In a… Weird way…?", he said.

"Umm.. Well… I guess so…? I apologize to you again Mr."

"Oh well… Just be extra careful the next time", he said coolly and left.

"Who is he Tiff?", the girl who was with her asked.

"Just a guy I bumped into twice? First was at the airport when I was rushing to fetch you. Second was just right awhile ago"

"Ohh.. Okay let's get inside. I'm so hungry already"

-

In the car while on the way back Taeyeon was dreaming away while looking out of the window. Yuri on the other hand was asleep due to the long flight they had earlier. Their parents had gotten on their own cars earlier to proceed back home while the both of them wanted to hang out with their other close friends first at Taeyeon's apartment to catch up for the long one year that they all had been apart for.

Having arrived at his apartment later, the two got some sleep before their friends arrive.

*ding dong*

Taeyeon went to get the door.

There were Sooyoung, Yoona, Sunny and two other familiar looking girls standing in front of his door.

"Taengoo!! We missed you guys! How have you been?", Sooyoung asked excitedly.

Taeyeon on the other hand was staring at the two girls behind Sunny.

"Hey Taeng why are you staring at them?"

"Anyway this is Tiffany and the one beside her is Seohyun. They are my cousins. You never met them before because they were living abroad for the past many years and Tiffany came back last year just a few months after you left while her younger sister Seohyun came back earlier today like you guys. I thought it would be great to introduce them to both of you since you already knew all of my cousins right", she pointed to them while explaining.

(Ahhh.. What a really small world…) - Taeyeon

"Why are you all taking so long to get in?", Yuri shouted from the living room.

"Oh yes let's talk inside..", he ushered them in.

They sat down comfortably and catched up over some drinks.

"Hey Tiffany. So you were at the airport earlier to fetch Seohyun?", Yuri asked knowing that she had seen her earlier that day when he arrived.

"Yeah", she answered.

Taeyeon on the other hand was looking at Tiffany the whole time and wasn't paying any attention to the conversation the group had nor was he speaking a word.

"Ya Taengoo why are you so unusually quiet tonight?", Yoona asked.

It took a hard slap on his shoulder before he finally snapped out of his thoughts.

"Ouch! That hurts!"

"Ya Kim Taeyeon! Busy staring at a beautiful lady here is it?, Yoona teased.

Taeyeon's face turned red a little.

Tiffany on the other hand just smiled.

"We actually met each other twice earlier on. And both times I bumped into him ", Tiffany said.

"Ah so that was it", Sooyoung nodded as a respond.

"So was it because you were pissed because she kept bumping into you or was it because you find her really beautiful now that you kept staring?", he then questioned.

Taeyeon glared at him upon hearing his words.

"Shut up and eat this", he shoved a piece of potato chips into Sooyoung's mouth.

The rest of them chuckled.

They kept talking and drinking till late night. Since Taeyeon couldn't handle liquor well, he was already very drunk. The only three who were still quite sober were Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun. Tiffany and Sunny both had good alcohol tolerance while Seohyun wasn't really into drinking and only had a few glasses. The other two were quite drunk too and spouting nonsense.

Tiffany was chilling out by herself at the corner of the apartment as the rest were all busy in their own world after getting tipsy. Just then, she saw Taeyeon at the side wanting to throw up. She panicked and quickly ran to where the kitchen was to look for a plastic bag. She took the bag she found at one of the drawers and hurried over beside him.

"Hey Taeyeon. Here. You can throw up here", she held the plastic bag for him while patting his back.

Taeyeon threw up a lot before finally stopping. Tiffany then took tissues to wipe his mouth.

She took his right hand to place it over her shoulders while holding his other hand and carried him into the room to lay him on the bed.

Tiffany was going to leave the room to find a towel and make it hot to place it over Taeyeon's forehead to make him feel better from all that alcohol in him but was stopped when Taeyeon grabbed her hand.

"Hey.. Tiffany.."

"It's you right..? You know honestly I was pissed at you for bumping into me twice as I really hated getting into physical contacts with strangers and that I really hated people who are not alert and cause accidents due to their negligence even though it might be a tiny matter. Believe it or not, I don't know why after looking at your face, my anger just go away. You are so beautiful. Had never seen such a beautiful lady before in my whole life other than my mum..", the drunk guy said.

"Ah ha! So you actually were staring at me all the time because you think I'm beautiful? Thank you Taeyeon. I appreciate your compliment. But you know.. If that's your pick up line then I think you need to work harder on it cause I'm not interested in guys who wanna get me because of my looks even if you are my cousin's close friend", she giggled.

"But our paths really crossed a lot. I guess this is fate. I'm starting to feel so interested in you…"

"It's barely a day that we met and you are saying all these.. You are drunk Taeyeon. I'll go find a towel first. You rest well here quietly alright", she smiled and let go of his hands.

She made her way out to look for the towel before heading back in to take care of him.

The poor drunk boy was already fast asleep by the time she came back in.

She placed the towel over his forehead and looked at him.

(He's kinda cute) - Tiffany