First Encounter

The Manager [DROPPED]

"Finally it's time to go home.."

 

The graduation party has just ended and the students are starting to leave to their respective home. The party was indeed crazy, but you don't even like it. You can't blend in the crowd. Being the shy slash anti-social person has its disadvantage.

Yes, you are the freshly graduated student from Seoul University and you sighs as you think the new problem that will happen after graduation.

It's getting late at night, so you decided to go back to the dorm one last time before going back to your hometown tomorrow.

You are walking through the university park, enjoying the night breeze when suddenly a high pitched voice call your name.

 

"___, wait!"

 

You turn around and you can see your sunbae who was graduated last year, MiYoung Hwang, run toward your direction. Sweats tainted her face, but still beautiful as usual.

 

"What's up, unnie? I thought you were not coming?"

 

You still keep in contact with her eventhough she doesn't study in the university anymore. The eyesmiling girl is one of your bestfriend alongside with No Rae. Miyoung was saying that she already got a job the moment she graduated last year, but you didn't know the detail and never have any intention to pry.

 

"Yah, i was looking for you since forever!"

 

"You are exaggerating as usual.." You sit at the vacant bench and she followed suit. "Anyway, what's with you and running now? I don't remember you fond of it. Feels like something important happen."

 

"It's an emergency!"

 

"Okay.. spill it." You sighs again. It's better to hear her out first.

 

She suddenly looked into your eyes with a serious and scary gaze. "Do you have any plan after graduation? Like choosing job, or.. don't tell me you already want to marry someone?"

 

"W-what with the sudden question? And no, i am not gonna marry anyone, not yet."

 

"Well.. that's good!" You raised your eyebrows as she explain again. "My close friend company need a new staff, so i was wondering if you could try.."

 

"You want me to work at there?" She nods. You sighed and replied. "I don't know unnie, i'm not confident and.. i believe you already know how i always messing up situation."

 

That's right. You were always the clumsy, and careless person. You don't want to bear any responsibility as possible, because you know that you will screwed up. Eventhough you are smart enough to finish your master degree with flying colour.

 

"Aw, don't be like that, dear! I know you can do it! Don't let this golden chance pass!"

 

"Still.."

 

She put her hands on your shoulders, gripping them tight as she look into your eyes again. "Listen, you are the most diligent, and smartest girl i know.. ah cute too. Even you still can't beat my Taeyeon of course, but you are one of the best in here, ____! So why don't you give it a shot?"

 

"Unnie.."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Who is Taeyeon?"

 

She gasped when she hears your silly question. "You really don't know her? Never seen her? Even once?" You nod repeteadly. Is this Taeyeon person really important?

 

"Is she the new president daughter?"

 

"Aish. Seriously this girl.." She let out a long sigh before starting to lecture you. "I already told you million times, to watch some entertainment news or browse the net. Are you even know what my job now?"

 

Well, it's not interesting. I prefer to write poems or sleep, you thought.

 

"Your job? I think it lawyer or something.. and I kinda busy with the final project, so i got no time to watch tv craps." You reasoned out earning a smack from her. "Hey, that's hurt.."

 

"Anyway, i really need your answer right now! You want to take this job or not?"

 

"Can i think about it more?"

 

"We don't have much time! Time is money!"

 

"..."

 

It's hard.
Especially when your bestfriend suddenly pop out from nowhere and ask you to work for her close friend company.

 

"Come on, just say yes to your unnie~" You cringe when she begin to show her proud aegyo. Before the aegyo could kill, you decide to agree with her.

 

"Fine. I only agree because you're like a sister to me." You finally decide to trust your sister slash annoying bestfriend.

 

"Yay. I'll pick you up tomorrow, and we will go to the office together!" She exclaimed and jump like a child, while you only could giggles.

 

It seems Mom would have to wait a bit longer.

--------------------

 

You are now in the car with Miyoung Unnie. The two of you have to meet with the boss first, so Miyoung unnie being the responsible friend, driving you to the office.

 

"I already call Aunty, she said good luck to you! And she wants you to come home, if you got yourself a first lover."

 

"Huh, okay? Thanks, unnie.." You smile to her, but her last words struck your mind.. "Hey, don't tell me you actually told Mom that i never dated anyone until now?!"

 

Tiffany only grinning mischievously. "Well, she want to know about her daughter well-being, so i don't have any choice but to tell her the truth that her daughter is single since the moment she was born~"

 

"Aish, now i just wish she doesn't plan any matchmaking for me. You know, like in those movies."

 

Her laughter filled the car, and you just sit in silence because your mind are occupied with this whole sudden job thingy.

 

"Are you feeling nervous?" Tiffany asks suddenly, her eyes still focusing on the road. Sometimes you wonder, if she has mind-reading ability.

 

You nods a bit. Of course i would be feeling nervous. I am gonna meet my new boss. What if he doesn't like me? What if..

You have a ton of 'what if' in your head, but it's not wise to let it out all at once.

 

"Don't worry, he is not scary as you thought. Trust me, it's nothing like my experience.. you know when i was applying for the job.."

 

She begin to tell about her career stories, and you only nod sometimes. She doesn't even stop for a bit, and it amaze you. You don't know why but her storytelling made you feel drowsy. The moment she tell about her girlfriend, Taeyeon, you were already on the dreamland, snoring loudly. Miyoung or her friend called her Tiffany, shook her head as she ruffles your long black hairs.

 

"Still a cute sleepyhead, it seems.."

-----

 

"Hello, I'm Jin Young Park."

 

A man in his pink suit offers his hand. His age, you assumed, around 40-45 years ,yet his fashion style is fresh, like any young people tend to wear. You smile politely and accept the handshake because this man is gonna be your new boss.

You just know that this dandy looking middle aged man, owns one of the most biggest entertainment company in South Korea.

JYP Entertainment,

Or you could say this building. Because you already inside of it.

 

And.. you finally know Tiffany job. She said that she is member of the famous girl group, Girls Generation. But, you are clueless as usual. The music world isn't really your things.

 

"Nice to meet you, sir. I'm____."

 

He chuckles and pat your shoulder. "Nah, you don't have to be so formal. I prefer you call me, Oppa~"

 

JYP-nim strike a cool pose and trying to charm you. But it all fail miserably. You only giggle at his attempt but suddenly a pair of hands pull your body.

 

"Hey, don't flirt with my precious dongsaeng, old man!" Tiffany grab your hand and making some distance from the boss. She snuck out her tongue and JYP only laughed at the SM artist. You're kinda confused.

How did Tiffany become friend with this funny man?

 

"Joke aside, i really hope you could working, starting today." JYP looks at you, and asked again. "Is that okay with you?"

 

You could see Tiffany sent her scary glare at you, and you immediately know that you don't have any choice but to accept the proposal.

 

"Well, I think i always up for the challenge."

 

You shook hand with JYP-nim again as he wears his funny smiles again. "Welcome to JYP,___-ah!"

 

-----------

 

"Hey, where is my Jokbal?"

 

"Yah~ stop making that gross posture, Dahyunie!"

 

"HAHAHAHAHAH~"

 

"Look, the no jam brothers at it again!"

 

 

The girl with red hair was busy reading her favorite novel which she bought last night. She is not minding the craziness in the dorm, because she Myoui Mina, too engrossed with her novel. Her lips pouts as she follows the breathtaking moment of the protagonist. She feels so lost in the novel world and enjoy it, when some loud bang came from the dorm front door.

 

"Mina, open the door please!" Nayeon, her oldest member shouted from one of the quiet room. She can't open the door because she is helping Jihyo study for the upcoming test.

 

Mina position is not too far from the door, only 10cm from her reading couch. But she doesn't want miss her novel, not when she just read the part.

 

Maybe just some naughty kid from neighbourhood, she ignore it as she try to concentrate on the story again. Unfortunately, the annoying knock don't stop and becoming even louder.

 

"Mina, just open that freaking door already!"

 

With a sigh, she get up. She folded the last page she was reading, and walk toward the door. From the security screen she could see the respected JYP PD-nim smile at her. Not wasting any moment she punched the password and open the door with a greeting to the older man.

 

"Good Morning, PD-nim."

 

"Ah, Mina. Good Morning to you too." JYP smiles, he looks at the redhaired girl again. "Am i bothering you girls?"

 

"Of course not, you never been."

 

"Anyway.." JYP looks at you who timidly standing behind him and push you forward to meet Mina. "This is my new staff, Song __"

 

"Nice to meet you, Mina-ssi. I am___." You manage to smile despite the nervousness that you are feeling right now.

 

Mina heart skipped a beat, when she saw you. She never seen the innocent eyes like yours. Mina thought that you are indeed breathtakingly beautiful. "Cute.."

 

"I'm sorry? Did you say something?" You tilt your head cutely, and Mina face's become a little bit pinkish. Mina on the other side, feeling embarrased because she accidentally called you cute. Lucky for her, you didn't hear it.

 

"N-nothing. Please come inside, PD-nim and you too, ____-ssi." She quickly go to the living room where you found the girls are screaming and jumping around, literally.

 

"Waa, it's JYP PD-nim! Hello!"

 

"Hello, mister funny!"

 

"Shush, manner Chaeng, manner!"

 

"Yo, oldman~"

 

"Jeongyeon, you will bring the bad influence to the maknaes!"

 

JYP laughed at his artists antic. While you only gasped at the sight before yourself. They are cute and beautiful girls, indeed. But their personality seems a little bit off from their elegance appearance. A moment later Nayeon and Jihyo join the girls and surprised when they saw you and JYP-nim. You bows a bit, and they bowed too. They keep silent as they try to stop their members from fighting with each other again.

 

After having some good laugh, JYP-nim clap his hand, making the girls stop their bickering at once. "Girls, i have something to tell you!"

 

"What is it?!" They exclaimed in unison.

 

"I know that the old manager unnie has resigned due to her marriage issue .. so.."

 

"Yeah? Come on PD-nim, you are killing us with the suspense!" Chaeng shouted impatiently.

 

"Twice, meet your new manager here, Song ____!"

 

"Uh.. hi, everyone.."

 

Little did you know, The Black Swan, Myoui Mina has been stealing glances at your side since then. She punched her hand to the air, when she find out that you are gonna be Twice manager unnie.

You don’t even aware leaving such a big impression on the redhaired girl.

------