Chapter 14: The job

Can I Be by Yourside?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook POV

As I saw Jimin leaving, I stood up and grabbed my backpack.

 

Suga: "You too?"

 

I nodded my head and waved them good-bye.

Along my way, I just couldn't stop thinking of Jimin at her house.

 

 

Ugh, why I'm I feeling jealousy all inside of me? *sighs* It's not like is he likes her.. *stops walking and pauses for a moment*....Or....Does he? Ok jungkook, you're overreacting yourself.

 

 

I shook my head slightly and proceeded walking home. When I got home, one of the maids came
up to me.

 

 

 

 

Maid: "May I offer you dinner, sir?"

 

 

"No thank you. I already ate, thanks for the offer, though." I slightly smiled at her. "You can go take a rest now."

 

She slightly bowed down and went to the kitchen. I turned around and walked upstairs to my room. When I got there, I
 closed the door and threw my backpack on the floor, besides my bed. I walked over to my balcony and took a step out.
 I looked up and saw the stars shining brightly with the moon.

 

"Is Jimin hiding something?....Why can't he just tell me?"

 

I shook my head and went back inside to my bed. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Your POV

~Next morning~


As the sun shined brightly on my face, I quickly opened my eyes and sat up.

 


"Well, today is the day I find a job."

 

 

 

 

I quickly got out of bed and changed. I grabbed my bag and went to the kitchen and saw my grandma already awake.

 

 

 

"Grandma! What are you doing up so early?"


"Well, I just had a little headache. So, I came here to take a relief pill. Tell me, why are YOU up early and all dressed up hmm?"


I gulped and gave her a shy smile.


"Ok, If I tell you. PROMISE ME, you won't tell my mom."


"How bad is it? Wait! are you... and that boy from yesterday..."


"No!"


She giggled and gestured me to continue.


I sighed in relief.


"Well, I-I'm going... I'm going to find a job."


"That's it?"


"What? You're not surprised?"


"Why should I? If that's what you want then go. However, remember what you have. With your phobia, would you find a job?


I took a deep breath and looked back at her in the eye.

 

"Yes, even with my condition or phobia whatever you want to call it. I'm going to try my best to find a job."

 

My grandmother gave me a big smile and patted my head.

 

"Look at my little grandchild growing up soo fast. *chuckles* "

I giggled and gave her a smile.

 

 

"I'll be back soon. Ok?"

 

My grandmother nodded and waved me a good-bye. I waved at her back and went my way out.

I checked our mailbox and saw a newspaper in it.

 

"Great! Maybe I could find a job here."

I quickly went to the back of the newspaper and checked all the jobs that are hiring. I scanned on all the job, but I couldn't find something that could fit me. Until,

 

 

 

"secretary at someplace called 'hawks view'. Doesn't sound too bad. Maybe I could go there today and check it out."

 

 

 

I highlighted the job name and headed my way to find it. 

 

 As I was passing by the park, I looked around extra carefully to make sure the same thing doesn't happen like yesterday. 

By the time, I arrived downtown. I saw big skyscrapers and lots of people walking around looking all busy.

 

"Wow, I can't believe how the city can be soo crowded."

 

As I came across a crossing light, Lots of people were beside me, waiting for the light to turn green.

Finally, as the light turn green. People came rushing beside me and started bumping me to other people. I could feel the anxiety overcoming me now. However, I have to hold it in.

 

 

 

"Sorry, I'm sorry." the words I kept repeating from my mouth to people who I bumped.

 

 

 

When everyone had left, I was stuck in the middle of the road. My eyesight started to get blurry by the minute.When I looked up, I saw the light turning red. Meaning, cars could start running now. As much I wanted to get up and walk, I felt my legs getting weaker.

 

 

Could this be my end?

 

 

 

As I was trying to get up, I heard a honk from the distance. When I turned around to see what it is, I saw a car going by fast towards me. I quickly shook of my head and got up and quickly walked to the sidewalk. I sighed in relief, when suddenly. I heard a screech.

 

Man: You just ruin my new ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter