Fifteen.

The Moment.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                It seemed like no matter where I turned, Lola was there and I had asked Jimin if she had any issues in University lately but she said she hadn’t and I believed her. I just wondered what it was that Lola was up to, avoiding her was hard.

“I need to talk to you.” Lola’s voice made me want to rip my own hair out.

I spun to look at her, she seemed small and almost desperate but I wasn’t falling for it “Don’t you get it? I don’t want to talk to you Lola.”

“No Kyungsoo listen,” She frowned as she went to reach out for me, only to drop her hand “I know I was horrible to you, I know I don’t deserve you forgiving me and I’m not asking for that.”

“Then what is it that you want?” I shoved my hands into my jean pockets “Seriously, I don’t have time for this –”

“Do you remember a girl in high school named Ilona?” She asked and I frowned.

Ilona? That sounded vaguely familiar “It rings a bell, why?”

“Did you know she had this huge crush on you?” She laughed and shook her head “Through-out high school she was constantly on about you. How much she liked you, I always heard her go on about it but we were dating so… I just chose to ignore her.”

“What does this have to do with anything?”

Lola frowned and looked down at her feet “Well I don’t know Jimin from University Kyungsoo I remember her from high school,” This bit of information was new to me. She looked up and I caught the sincerity in her eyes “What? You don’t remember her?”

“No, Lola. I don’t.”

“She wore glasses back then, short black hair, hung around with Ilona a lot. In fact they were best friends.”

Did Jimin know me… before now? If so, why hasn’t she said anything? “I don’t get what this has to do with me.”

“I just find it strange that Ilona’s best friend is dating you,” She shrugged “Of all the people in university it had to be the person that her best friend had this huge giant crush on. I’d say she was infatuated with you Kyungsoo.”

“Is there a point?” I asked her, getting impatient now and a bit agitated “Because if not –”

“Ilona died,” She blurted out and my eyes widened “At the beginning of last year. She lived in some apartment complex off campus with Jimin –” What the ? “– I only know this because my roommate was friends with her but after Ilona died Jimin went off the rails. She didn’t come to University for like two months and… when she came back she was different.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing “I’m finding it hard to understand why you’re telling me this.”

“By the look on your face Kyungsoo I’m going to guess that Jimin never mentioned Ilona to you at all,” She sighed “I just find it strange that she’s dating the only person her dead best friend liked.”

“Shut up,” I snapped at her and she jumped with surprise. Hell, I was surprised myself “If you’re telling me that the only reason why Jimin is with me is because of her deceased best friend then you’re sick in the ing head Lola.”

“I’m just trying to look out for you.”

I scoffed “You should have done that before you ed me over. Of course you’d do this. You don’t want me to be happy, why would you?”

“Kyungsoo if that was the case I would have approached you years ago, you think I don’t know you were purposely avoiding me?”

“I don’t give a rat’s what you were doing!” I shouted at her “Jimin wouldn’t do that to me!”

“Just ask her Kyungsoo,” She said quietly as she backed away “Just ask her.”

 

 

 

                I couldn’t even bring myself to go to lunch or pick up my phone, or attend any of my lessons for that fact because all I could think about was what Lola had told me and I remembered little things about Jimin that I had noticed but forgotten about.

                Like how she mentioned having a roommate but said it in a way that told me it was in the past tense, if she had lost someone like that, why didn’t she just tell me? Then I realised I had never even been in her apartment and that irked me.

If she knew me from before, why didn’t she just say so?

I went home because I couldn’t walk around any longer and when I entered the apartment I wasn’t surprised to see Jimin there.

“Where have you been?!” She said getting up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter