Invitation

She'll Leave You

2 days later

 

    “Jungkook-ah, you need to eat. C’mon, it’s not that hard. Just open your mouth and let the food in.” V begged at the boy who was staring blankly at his bowl of soup.

    “I-I’m not really hungry.” Jungkook whispered.

    “You said that this morning, but you have to eat now. Here, I’ll help you.” V took a spoonful of soup and opened Jungkook’s mouth, carefully placing the spoon in and closing his mouth, followed by tilting his head up so it can go down his throat.

    “There we go, tastes good, doesn’t it? Of course it does, I made it.” V smiled.

Jungkook went back to his assumed position and V sighed at the depressing sight. He placed the spoon back in the bowl and walked out of the kitchen.

“Is he still not eating?” Jimin asked the orange haired boy.

“No, you have to literally feed him. Ah, I think I’m going crazy.” He flopped down on the couch next Jimin and crossed his arms.

“This is really depressing. You would think that after being discharged from the hospital would lighten you up. You don’t think that he’s going through an emo boy phase, do you?” Jimin asked. V just looked at him and closed his eyes.

 


 

Suga stood by his bedroom door and looked at the silent scene in front of him and walked over to the couch where the two younger boys were. He stood in front of them and asked them if they wanted to go out grocery shopping with him. They looked up at Suga and then at Jungkook. V returned his look towards Suga and asked him, “Why don’t you ask Jungkook? He’s just been sitting there since I dragged him out of the room to eat. He could probably need the fresh air right now.”

Suga looked at Jungkook and slanted his lips at the thought of bringing him out in that condition.

“Hey! Jeon Jungkook-ah! I need you to come with me to buy groceries. Jin wants to cook something good today but we don’t have the stuff for it. I can’t go by myself and these kids are sending you out as a volunteer in their place.” He received no reply. He walked over to the boy and softly tugged his shoulder.   

“Did you hear me?” He softly asked the long face.

“I heard you. I guess I can come with you.” Jungkook slowly looked up to meet his hyung’s dark brown eyes.

“Attaboy” Suga smiled.

Suga yelled at Jin to let him know that he was leaving with Jungkook and Jin immediately got out of his room to see if it was true. He stood by the doorway with his eyes wide open and looked at the two boys putting their shoes on.

    “He agreed to go?” Jin asked.

    “Yes. Text me the stuff you need. I don’t want to make two trips to the market because you forgot to tell me to buy something.” Suga said.

    “Whatever.” Jin reentered his room and closed the door.

V and Jimin looked from Jin’s closed door to Suga, whom was still standing facing his bedroom door’s direction. He turned around and pushed Jungkook in front of him to exit out the door.

    “Do you think we’ll ever be a happy family ever again?” V asked his worry eyed friend.

    “I don’t know, I hope so.” He answered his worried friend.

 


 

"Hey can you go grab a cart? I'll meet you by the produce section." Suga told Jungkook. Jungkook nodded and headed back outside to grab a cart. Suga made his way towards the produce and looked back to see if Jungkook was coming back. He saw no sign of him and continued walking. He grabbed several plastic bags and began picking out good looking vegetables.

"I didn't imagine running into you here. Don't you guys normally eat fast food or have the manager go out shopping for you?" A female voice spoke behind Suga. He didn't have to turn around to figure out the voice belonged to the girl he detested the most.

    “Did you follow us here?” He asked.

    “I have better things to do than follow you around.” She crossed her arms.

    “Whatever.” He looked to his right to see a blank faced boy coming in with an empty shopping cart.

    “You better run before he sees you.” Suga warned Yoona.

    “Before who sees me?” Yoona looked around and met eyes with Jungkook who was standing a couple of feet away from her.

Suga noted the awkwardness slowly seeping in the atmosphere and went up to Jungkook. He stood behind him, placed his hands on the bar and started walking, pushing Jungkook in front of him.

    “Just keep walking, Jungkook, don’t look back” Suga whispered.

 


 

“Namjoon!” Jin called from the kitchen.

Namjoon lazily walked over to the kitchen and looked at Jin, “What?”

    “Can you help me wash the pots and pans for tonight’s dinner?” Jin asked.

    “Do I have to?” Namjoon groaned at the thought of washing pots and pans.

    “Yes. Why? You don’t want to? Do you prefer that we don’t eat tonight? ‘Cause I don’t have to cook for you guys.”

Namjoon groaned loudly and stomped his feet in protest but gave in and pushed Jin aside and the water faucet.

    “Where are the others?” Jin asked.

    “I don’t know, somewhere. Go look for them.”

    “You are acting like such a child.” Jin clicked his tongue and made his way to the other rooms, looking for the rest of the members.

    “Hoseok! Where are you?” Jin called out.

J-Hope opened his bedroom door and stuck his head out, “what?” he asked.

    “What are you doing?” Jin walked towards the door and tried peeking his head inside the room but his face was immediately blocked by J-Hope’s hand. He bounced back and looked at J-Hope in confusion.

    “Sorry, we’re kinda busy right now. You’ll see eventually.” With that, J-Hope closed the door and the lock sound was heard.

    “What?” Jin whispered to himself. He backed away from the door and walked back to the kitchen.

    “Did you find them?” Namjoon asked, continuing to wash the pots.

    “Kinda. I wonder what’s taking those two so long. I didn’t ask for much.” Jin sat down at the kitchen table and pulled out his phone and dialed Suga’s number.

    Hello?” Suga answered.

    “Hey, why are you guys taking so long? I didn’t ask for much.” Jin replied with a stern sound in his voice

    Calm your pink , we’re almost done here anyway. We just ran into a little problem.” Suga retorted.

    “Whatever, just come back quickly, these children are starving.” Jin looked at Namjoon who was still washing the dishes.

    Whatever, I’m hanging up. Don’t call back.” Suga hung up with his word lingering in the air.

    “This guy.” Jin closed his phone and set it on the table.

 


 

    Suga looked at the food items in the cart and looked back at Jungkook.

    “Yah, you had the same facial expression for the past who knows how many hours, smile a bit or something.”

Jungkook looked up at Suga and twitched the corner of his lips.

    “Uh..your mom called. He said we should hurry up since the others are hungry. We pretty much have everything so we can go now. When we get back, I want you to help Jin cook dinner.” Suga pushed the cart and simultaneously pulled Jungkook by the hand.

    “Isn’t that Namjoon-hyung’s job?” Jungkook quietly questioned.

Suga looked back at Jungkook and stared at him for a few seconds and smiled, Jungkook just talked to him.

    “You talked.” Suga softly laughed. Jungkook removed his hand from Suga’s grip and stepped back.

    “C’mon now, we need to hurry.” Suga smiled and continued pushing the cart, Jungkook slowly followed behind.

 

 

    “We’re home!” Suga announce has he dragged in a couple of grocery bags in with Jungkook with another handful of grocery bags.

V went to greet them and took the bags from Suga’s hands. They all walked to the kitchen to find clean pots, pans and dishes and Namjoon resting on the kitchen table. Jin came out from his room and walked to the kitchen. He looked through the bags and turned to Suga, “You said there was a pro-”, his lips were immediately closed with suga’s finger.

    “I’ll tell you about it later.” Suga said. he removed his finger and went to his room.

    “What a weirdo.” Jin twisted his lips and looked at Jungkook who was pulling out the groceries from the bag.

    “Jungkook, do you wanna help me cook?” Jin asked. Jungkook looked up at his hyung and nodded. Jin smiled and started telling him his tasks.

 


  

After a while of preparing the vegetables and meat, Jin decided to take a break, leaving Jungkook to continuing doing the rest until it was time to cook. He went to the room and found Suga lying on his bed, doing nothing.

    “You said there was a problem.” Jin said.

    “I wouldn’t really call it a problem now that I think about it, just- an annoyance to say.” Suga said.

    “Well, what was it?” Jin walked to his bed and sat down.

    “Yoona was the store, doing her own grocery shopping I’m guessing. I told her to leave the scene before Jungkook came back with the cart, but he came just in time to see her. They didn’t say anything to each other and Jungkook just stared at her. I wanted to ask him what he thought of when he saw her, but I thought it was too much for him to answer.” Suga lifted himself up and sat on the edge of the bed.

Jin looked down at his feet and images of a smiling Jungkook flashed in his head. He hesitated before opening his mouth, “Is that it?”.

    “That was all. I feel like Jungkook is purposely behaving in this way so we can feel guilty about interfering in his relationship.” Suga sighed. He glanced at the older boy, who was fiddling with his thumbs.

    “That's all I wanted to say, you can go back to doing what you were doing. I'm just gonna stay here for the rest of the day.” Suga laid himself back on the bed, facing the wall next to him.

Jin stood up and walked out the door. He looked at the young boy in the kitchen and felt tears threatening to escape his eyes. He walked over to the kitchen and found the pot of water boiling, waiting for the meat and vegetables to be dropped in it. He grabbed the bowl of seasoned meat and carefully dropped it. He covered the pot with a lid and turned around to see Jungkook cleaning up the mess that was left on the counter.

    “Jungkook?” he called, catching the maknae off guard. Jungkook froze in his position before slowly turning around, facing Jin.

“Y-yes, hyung?” He answered.

“Why don't you call Yoona over for dinner?” Jin suggested. Jungkook’s eyes widened at the sudden suggestion and was unable to properly react to it.

    “W-why?” He asked.

“I think we should invite her over. I promise that I won't cause a scene or anything.” He smiled. Jungkook looked down and was unsure if whether he was serious or not. He didn't want to invite her over knowing that the situation between him and s has not gotten any better. Jim sighed at the unresponsive boy and reached into Jungkooks pockets, pulling out his cellphone. He slid his thumb across the screen until he found what he was looking for, tapped the screen and pulled the phone up to his ear. Jungkook looked at him and felt anxiety creeping through his nerves and muscles.

    “Yoona? This is Jin, I'm calling to invite you over for dinner. You don't have the option of not showing up so we will be expecting you in half an hour. We don't have any drinks to offer so anything you buy will be fine, keep in mind that Jungkook is still a minor so bring something separate for him. See you then.” He didn't let the girl speak before he hung up and handed the phone back to the quiet boy.

    “What? Do you have any objections to the invitation?” He asked. When he received silence as a response, he went back to the stove.

    “Did I just hear Jin invite her over for dinner?” J-hope asked as he stood behind the island bar and looked at the back of the eldest hyung.

    “J-Hope, go set up the table. Go tell Jimin and V to clean up around the living room as well, we may be having her over, but she’s still a guest and we can’t invite people over if the dorm is a mess. Atleast please help me with that.” Jin said.

J-hope grunted under his breath before giving Jin a dirty look and going to find the other two younger boys.