You

She'll Leave You

Yoona turned around the missing boy flopped on her couch. He was exhausted from the scene earlier and couldn’t think of doing anything else but sleep on the comfortable couch.

“Jungkook? Are you we certain can do this? Did you really have to-”

    “Do you want me to leave?” He interrupted her.

    “W-what?” She was taken aback by the sudden question. She didn’t know whether it was rhetorical, or he was being serious.

    “Do you want me to leave? Do you want me to go back to them? Do you want to break up?”

    “Jungkook..why are you asking me those questions?”

    “ I need a sincere answer from you, Yoona. I want to know if you really want me to be with you, or not.”

    “Jungkook, I don’t think I can answer that. I want to be with you, but I also want you to be with your friends. I don’t want to be seen as the one who told her boyfriend to remove himself from the group he really loves.”

    “I’m sorry, but at this point, I don’t think I can choose both. It’s impossible now. You saw how Jin-hyung was earlier. You want me to go back to that? It seems that everyone’s lost it.” He scoffed at the thought of returning to the hostile dorm.

    Yoona looked at the angry boy in front of her, and for a second, she couldn’t recognize who he was. His tone was different, the way he spoke out his thoughts was different. She thought she was looking at a stranger.

    “No, I think you’re the one who lost it” She said.

Jungkook looked up at her with a pair of eyes that made her flinch, “Excuse me?”

    Yoona looked around and back at Jungkook, “I said, I think you’re the one who lost his mind”. She can feel regret start to fill her head, but she mentally shook herself to stand on her own ground. She was now dealing with a boy-no, a man, that was completely different from the one she knew.

Jungkook stood up and began to slowly walk towards Yoona. She felt a nerve-wrecking energy seeping from Jungkook. She slowly stepped back as Jungkook stepped forward. She wanted to scream at him, hit him, run away from him. But his gaze has possessed her and she had no control of her body.

“Jungkook, don’t come any nearer. I swear I will scream and the neighbors will hear and call the police. Don’t make me scream.” She said.

“Go ahead, scream. Scream so they can do just that and take me away. Isn’t that what you want? Don’t you want me out of your face? You wanna scream? Go.” He said as he hovered over her. The distance between the two made Yoona find it difficult to breathe.

Yoona stared at Jungkook’s dark, frightening eyes before she can close her own.

 

The sound of the phone ringing made Namjoon and J-hope jump from their nap. Namjoon saw that it was Jimin calling and quickly answered, “It’s about time! Are you with Yoon-”

Hyung! Please come to the hospital! The usual one!” Jimin exclaimed from the other side of the line

‘What? Why?! What’s wrong?!” Namjoon jumped up from his seat, alarming the other man.

It’s Yoongi-hyung, he...just come quickly!” He hung up before Namjoon was able to say anything.

‘Hoseok, grab your stuff, we’re going to the hospital.” Namjoon said as he got himself ready to leave as well.

“Why? What’s going on?” He said as he grabbed his phone, wallet and other small items.

“I don’t know. Jimin is there with Yoongi.”

“What?!”

“Let’s go.”

They ran out of the building and down the street to find one of the manager’s cars. They stopped and looked at each other.

    “Who’s going to drive?” J-Hope asked. Namjoon looked at the car and ran to the passenger’s side of the car. J-Hope followed by going to the driver’s side, getting in and quickly starting the car. He couldn’t wait for the car to heat up, instead he quickly drove away.

 

    “What the hell is going on with this group? There’s been too many events going on in a short time period for it to be considered a small problem concerning some girl. We all need to see a psychologist, this can’t be going on any longer.” J-Hope looked at the silent man next to him. He sighed as he saw that Namjoon just looked out the window. He turned his focus back to the road ahead and continued to speak, “We can’t continue playing the middleman in a conflict that doesn’t really involve us. This desperately needs to end.”

    Namjoon closed his eyes. He wanted to sleep, he wanted to forget that he was living for a second. The voices in his head were telling him of his failures as a leader, how he couldn’t just have ended this a long time ago. He wondered if he should just let the group disband. That was the best suggestion he could come up with.

    “Who’s the one lying on the hospital bed this time?” J-Hope asked.

    “Most likely Yoongi, since Jimin was the one who called. He didn’t say why. Something must’ve happened when they were together.” Namjoon softly replied.

    “Let’s just hope he’s not dying. I don’t think my mind and heart can bottle in any more pain.” He took a turn to enter the hospital’s parking lot and was happy to see an empty parking spot not far from the building’s entrance.

 

    Jimin looked at the round clock on the wall across from him and sighed before speaking, “Hyung, everything is going to be okay, just-”

    “Jimin!” J-Hope yelled as he saw the brunette sitting in the waiting room. He walked quickly towards him and brought  him up to his feet. He started asking questions and demanded to know what the hell happened. Jimin just sighed heavily and sat back down, followed by J-Hope and Namjoon continued standing in front of the pair.

    “Yoongi-hyung, he was acting weird. I tried to get him to stop walking so far and when he did, I said that we should head back home. Then he started saying weird things, about swimming and sinking and how we should go for a swim. Then he fell into the water. I quickly took off my clothes and jumped in to get him. The water was freezing, I don’t know what was going on in between the time I went in and got him out. He was still unconscious when I got him out so I quickly called an ambulance. Good thing they came quickly, or else- I don’t know what I would’ve done”. J-Hope patted the younger’s shoulder and looked up to stop the threat of tears from falling. Namjoon sighed and looked around.

    “Did he get moved into his own room?” Namjoon asked, looking down at Jimin.

    “No, not yet. It’s crazy how much water could fill the lungs in a matter of seconds. He must’ve wanted to commit suicide, and he failed because I was with him. But I don’t understand why he would-”

“It’s just like any other person with many problems. They can’t find a logical and proper solution for them, so the only one they can come up with is death, because it’ll give them an escape from reality.” Namjoon said.

    “Yeah, but how would that make us feel? Okay, let’s say that Jimin gave up in trying to convince hyung to come back home, and left. Let’s say that he jumped into his freezing death. We wouldn’t know. Even at this time, we wouldn’t know. We would think that he’s at Soohyun’s place or somewhere. We wouldn’t know until days pass and we call Soohyun to ask how hyung is doing, only to find out that he’s not there. He was never there. If he’s not there and we have no idea where else he would be, then what would we conclude? We wouldn’t be able to conclude anything at first because we would be busy worrying about where the hell he would be when the obvious answer is right there in our denying faces. Then we would hear a breaking news report about a body found at the bottom of the river. We would cry and hope that it’s not our Yoongi. They won’t announce the body’s identity right then and there, just give general information, saying that it’s a male who appears to be in his late teens to mid twenties. A day or two will pass and they will finally announce who’s body was found. It was BTS’ rapper Min freaking Yoongi. Then guess what will happen?” J-Hope looked at the boys who were left speechless, with tears in their eyes, threatening to fall down their cold cheeks.

    “You can’t guess, can you? That’s because when you start guessing, you prepare yourself to be right or wrong. In this situation, you want to be wrong. You want to believe that it will never happen, it’s just a theoretical scenario after all, right? Maybe.” He sighed.

 

    V opened the door to the apartment and slammed the door behind him. He walked over to the living room and waited for one of the members to come out and ask about Jin. He was  mentally preparing himself to lie and say that he never caught up to Jin. When he looked around and saw no one was home, he picked out his phone and dialed Namjoon. It rang four times before he heard faint talking on the other side.

    “Hyung? Where are you?” V asked.

    Taehyung, ah- we’re at the hospital.” Namjoon answered.

    “Hospital? Why? Is something wrong with Hoseok-hyung?”

    No, we’re here with Jimin.” He sighed before he continued, “Something went wrong when he was with Yoongi-hyung.

    “Which hospital are you at? I’ll be there soon.” V quickly head out to the door as Namjoon was telling him their location.

 

    Yoona opened her eyes and was welcomed by darkness. She felt like she was on a bed and quickly roamed her hand around to find her nightstand. She touched the small lamp and turned it on. She was in her room and let out a sigh.

“Had a nice nap?” A soft, but deep voice spoke. She turned her head and saw Jungkook sitting on a chair at the end of her bed. She never felt so afraid of her boyfriend before. She felt like he wasn’t her boyfriend, but her hostage.

“What are you doing here? What happened? How long have you been sitting there?” She panicked, she wanted to ask more questions but was afraid of provoking him.

“Easy, baby. No need to get all nervous. You passed out and I just carried you to your bed. I’ve been here for a while, hoping you would wake up soon. You hit your head pretty hard against the wall. But you’re ok now.” He smiled as he stood and walked over to her bedside.

“Please, get away from me.” She pleaded. She raised her covers over her shoulders and suddenly found it difficult to breathe with Jungkook so near her.

“Why?” He asked softly. Yoona shivered at the tone of question. It sounded sincere and sinister. She wanted to jump out of bed and run away, but she knew she couldn’t. Nothing she could do now would help her escape the cruel reality that was now her fate.

“I have to take care of you now, you’re not well.” He sat down next to her and a stray hair behind her ear. She flinched at his touch and shut her eyes.

“Why are you afraid? I’m not gonna hurt you. I would never hurt you, Yoona. You made me realize the reality that I thought was a fantasy. It’s all thanks to you that I escaped from that dorm, from those..those judgemental bastards.” His expression fell as he remembered the boys back at the dorm. His blood boiled as he remembered the events that occurred. The way they argued with him, the way they looked at him, the way they cried bloody murder at Yoona. He shook his head and the memories paused. He sighed in relief, coming back to the reality that is now having to deal with the woman he loved. He looked at her as she kept her gaze somewhere else.

“Do you want me to leave you alone?” He asked. She quickly turned her head towards him and mouthed yes. He smirked and stood up. He took one last look at her before walked out of her bedroom door.

 

Jin stumbled as he walked down the street. He left the bar moments ago and was determined to go back to the dorm and apologize, apologize to everyone for all of his mistakes. It took him several bottles and shots to realize the type of man he was becoming, and that man wasn’t someone he wanted to be. He never meant to become that man, but it happened and he regrets it deeply.

    He looked at the bright signs around him and wondered where he ended up walking. He looked from side to side and hoped to find a familiar place, there was none. From the distance he saw a small park and stumbled over there.

    “Ah, Seokjin-ah, what did you do in your past life to become like this? You were never the type to oppose others, most of all let anger and greed run through your blood. You were taught better, you were taught to be the best. But it was all for nothing.” He laid on a bench and felt his body becoming heavier. His vision blurred before he blinked and tears rolled down. “You have to go home now, you have to go home..go hug them, kiss them, cry with them, say that you were wrong.” he cried.

    “You have to become a better man. You have to be good now. You have to..”