Pride

She'll Leave You

“When can we take Yoongi hyung home? I don’t like being here anymore” V said. He crossed his arms and leaned back on the wall next to Suga’s bed.

    “Until the doctors say he can be discharged. It won’t take long, he’ll probably be ready to be discharged in the morning.” Namjoon answered before yawning and stretching his arms. J-Hope took notice how tired the leader was and suggested that he should go home to rest.

    “I’m fine. I have to stay in case something happens, but you guys can go ahead and go home.”

    “No thanks, I want to be here with hyung.” Jimin said as he looked at Suga’s sleeping face.

    “Alright. Tae, do you want to go home?” Namjoon asked. V looked at him, and slowly nodded.

    “I’ll take you home then.” J-Hope said. He opened the door and walked out, soon followed by V. He poked his head back in and asked, “Do you guys need anything that I can bring back?”

    “No, I think we’re fine for now.” Namjoon said.

    “Alright then.” J-Hope closed the door, leaving s alone.

 

    

    The car ride home was silent, mainly because V was sleeping and J-hope couldn’t find the heart in himself to wake him up and try to distract his own self. When he parked the car by the entrance, he softly shook V awake, letting him know that they were home.

    “Hyung, carry me” V mumbled as he repositioned himself in his sleeping way.

    “Waah, how cute are you, you punk. C’mon, get up. You’re much bigger than me and I’m not that strong.” J-hope said before he got out of the car. He got out, walked over to V’s side and opened the door, causing V’s head to fall and bounce back up as he started waking up again. He stretched and got out of the car, slowly walking beside J-Hope as they made their way inside the building.

 

    “Are you going to shower, or head straight to bed?” J-Hope asked.

    “I’m just going to bed, the shower will just wake me up and I want to sleep, I had a rough day.” V said as he yawned.

    “Alright then. I’m gonna quickly shower then head back to the hospital.” J-Hope said.

    “Ok, good night hyung. I’ll see you in the morning.” V said before he marched to his room.

    

    Jin, in his room, overheard the small conversation between V and J-Hope, but did not find the courage to come out of his room and confront them.

    Why does he need to go back to the hospital?” Jin asked himself. He heard doors slam and wanted to go out and see if either of them were out in the living room. He waited 10 minutes before he actually did act on it. When he opened the door, he quickly scanned around the dorm and saw no one in sight,, wondering if J-hope actually showered or just left. He slowly and softly moved forward, just enough to look at the entrance and saw V’s shoes spread out near his own shoes, how could they have not notice them? He walked towards V’s room and gently pressed his ear against door, unable to hear any noise coming from the other side. He slid his hand down the door and frowned as the memories from earlier that day replayed in his mind as if they were freshly made. He wanted to knock on the door, but his pride refused to cooperate with his heart. He decided to head back to his room and change before he went out for another walk.

    V laid on his bed, with tears running down the side of his face and pooling up in his ears. He heard the soft creaks and stomps coming from the other side of the door. He knew Jin was out there and knew that Jin was on the other side of his door trying to listen if he was asleep. V was afraid, so afraid that he held in his breath when he saw the shadow of feet stop in front of his door. He wanted to jump out of bed and run out the door, to hug the eldest hyung and tell him what has happened so far, but he knew that Jin would eventually find out on his own, he didn’t want to be the one to be in blame in case the others didn’t want him to know. He started closing his eyes and soon enough, he drifted to dreamland.

 

    “What is Jin doing?”

    “I don’t know, why would I know?”

    “You were the last to talk to him.”

    “No I wasn’t.”

    “Then who was there with him?”

    “What do you mean?”

    “Don’t lie to me, Taehyung!”

    “Why are you doing this?”

    “Tell me where Seokjin-hyung is.”

    “Tell him.”

    “You better tell him, it’s not good to be caught in a lie”

    “I, I really don’t know where he is. I don’t know, I heard him but I didn’t see him. I don’t know, I don’t know-”

 

    “I don’t know where he is, please..”

    “Tae? Tae, it’s ok, you’re just dreaming” Jimin gently rubbed V’s hand as he tried waking him up from what is presumed to be a nightmare, he doesn’t want to know what he dreamt, afraid of what it might be.

    “Jimin? What are you doing here?” V said as he was waking up, quickly gaining consciousness.

    “I came back to sleep a bit after spending time at the hospital. Yoongi-hyung is going to be discharged soon and should continue being in bed-rest for a while.”

    “Ah, that’s good. Is anyone else here?” V asked.

    “No, just me and you.”

    “Ah, really? Does that mean I imagined Jin-hyung being here?” V frowned before he saw Jimin climbing into bed next to him and stretch his arm over his younger friend.

“Just lay down with me for a bit, or atleast until I fall asleep, I don’t want to be alone.” Jimin softly said as he closed his eyes and snuggled against V’s side.

“Ok.”