Reason

She'll Leave You

Suga paced back and forth outside the emergency room doors, waiting for someone to come and tell him Jungkook’s condition. Soohyung watched as the young man walked and sighed, “Yoongi, sit down. Pacing won’t make time go faster, or make the doctor come out any sooner. You’re even making me feel nervous”.

    “I know, but how can I just sit down when my friend is in the other side of that scary door?” He continued pacing and Soohyung looked to see a doctor come out of the door. Soohyung stood up and greeted the doctor.

    “Are you Jeon Jungkook’s guardian?” the doctor asked.

    “Yes.” Soohyung answered.

    “Well he was saved just in time, we managed the remove any leftover water from his lungs and right now we’re watching over his temperature, considering it lowered from the time he spent underwater. We also want to keep him overnight, just to keep watch of any other symptoms. If anything, he’ll just get a cold and that’s treatable.” The Doctor explained.

    “Thank you, Doctor.” Soohyung smiled and slightly bowed down to him. Suga followed his actions and the doctor retreated himself.

    Soohyung patted the short man’s shoulder and smiled at him, “See? What did I tell you? Jungkook is fine, he’ll just have a cold.”

Suga sniffled and hugged the tall boy, “Thanks Soohyung.”

A nurse came out and asked Soohyung to sign some papers and they were then allowed to see the sick boy in his own room after he was transferred.

They walked to his room and noticed that Jungkook was lying down, facing towards the window, coughing and sniffling.

    “Jungkook?” Soohyung wanted to grab the boy’s attention first, not wanting Suga to startle him in the condition he was in.

Jungkook made little effort to turn around but did so anyway and was greeted by the two older hyungs. He looked down and turned his attention back towards the window. Suga walked over next to Jungkook’s bedside and sat next to the boy.

    “Jungkook, look at me.” Suga softly ordered.

    “I don’t want to.” Jungkook replied.

    “Look at me before I go crazy and start screaming.” Suga sounded more stern this time.

Jungkook sighed and slowly moved his body to turn to the opposite side. He looked up to see the pale faced boy whom also had tears in his eyes.

    “I don’t want you to ever do that again. Let this be the first and last time you try pulling a stupid stunt like that. You had all of us worried sick. Why didn’t you open the door when the others told you to? What was possibly going through your head when you decided to do that? I’m not gonna hit you or anything, I just want you to tell me so I can understand, so we can prevent this from happening again.” Suga said, the short hairs of the crying boy below him.

Soohyung sat down on a chair by the door and watched as the two boys in front of him speak in silence.

 


 

    Half an hour has passed by and Suga looked at his phone. He turned to Soohyung whom was sleeping on his chair and walked over to him.

    “Soohyung...Soohyung” He gently patted the sleeping boy’s shoulder.

Soohyung slowly moved and looked up to see his friend’s smiling face.

    “Hey, what’s up?” He grumbled and yawned.

    “It’s late, you should go home now. I’ll watch over him, he’s my responsibility now.”

    “A-ah. According to the papers I signed, I’m his guardian. Speaking of which, why haven’t you called your manager? He should be here as well.” Soohyung rubbed his eyes and rested his chin on the ball of his palm.

    “I don’t want to call anyone right now, having to explain this to the manager, I don’t even know how to if I wasn’t there when he did it.” Suga said.

    “Hmm.” Soohyung yawned again and pulled out his phone. He didn’t look surprised to see the time and got up.

    “You’re lucky I don’t have to go to work later, if I did I would’ve killed you.”

    “At least we’re in a hospital, heh.”

    “Yeah, Yeah. Anyways, call me if anything. You should let your manager know, who else is gonna pay the hospital bills? Not me, that’s for sure.”

    “Alright, alright. Thanks for everything, Soohyung.” Suga smiled.

    “Sure thing. I’ll see you later then” Soohyung patted Suga’s shoulder and opened the door.

Suga’s stance quickly switched from comfortability to intimidation at the sight of the man in front of them. Soohyung looked back at Suga who stood staring at the man and whispered, “do you want me to stay instead?”.

Suga shook his head and told Soohyung to leave instead, Soohyung sighed and agreed. He smiled at the man and walked away.

 


 

“Do you think Jin-hyung made it to the hospital?” V asked.

    “We didn’t even tell him where to go, do you think he got lost?” Jimin added to the worried thoughts.

    “He would’ve eventually got to the hospital, there aren’t many around in the area. More importantly, what are we gonna do about her?” J-Hope looked at Yoona who was sitting on a stool in the kitchen. All other eyes followed his gaze and sighed.
    “Aren’t you going home? You heard what happened, you can leave now.” J-Hope said.

Yoona folded her arms, “I’m not leaving until I see Jungkook”.

Namjoon got up from his seat and walked over to Yoona. Closing the space between them, he looked into her eyes, intimidating the girl. Yoona looked away and sheepishly asked, “W-what?”

    “Do you really want to see him? What do you expect will happen when you do? Do you think he’ll run over to you and hug you and kiss you? Do you think he’ll be happy? Right now he’s in a hospital room with two of your exes, can you even imagine what the atmosphere must be like in there?” Namjoon continued interrogating the girl until she finally broke and yelled.

    “Fine! I get it!” She got up from her seat and walked a couple of steps before Namjoon gripped her wrist. Without looking up, he continued, “I don’t think you do. This dorm has become a hell for all of us ever since we found out about the two of you. It was bad enough that you were with Jin-hyung, then we find out that you were also with Yoongi-hyung? Wow, you must have some charm to seduce the men of this group. Let’s not forget that you also tried to get with some of the members. You really don’t know when to quit. Tell me, what exactly is it that you want with us? Revenge? Sense of superiority? You’re picking on the wrong people to search for that.” He looked up to see Yoona on the verge of tears wanting to stream down angrily on her red cheeks. She pulled her wrist back and walked out of the dorm.

    


 

“May I come in?” Jin asked the surprised boy. Suga moved aside and Jin walked in.

    “I heard from the boys. But, um, what did the doctor say?” He asked.

    “They want to keep him for the night, to monitor any symptoms he could develop. They said it would just be a cold, but just in case.” Suga answered.

    “I see. That’s good atleast.” Jin walked over to the sleeping boy and his hair. “Of all stupid things you have done so far, Jungkook.”

    “I already warned him, to not do such a thing anymore. I don’t know if he heard me.”

    “Who knows?” Jin smiled down at the boy and turned around, facing the pale one.

    “Where did you go? I spent hours looking for you, I ended up meeting-” Jin stopped himself before he dared mention Yoona’s name in the room.

    “I went to Soohyung’s place. I didn’t last there long because V called about Jungkook’s situation. I rushed there with Soohyung and we brought him here. Where were you? If you couldn’t find me in thirty minutes, shouldn’t you have called it quits and go back home? Maybe, just maybe, Jungkook wouldn’t have pulled this stunt.”
    “Now you’re blaming me for this? Who was the first one to leave? Did you even take their feelings into consideration? The boys were crying, begging for you not to leave and what did you do?”

    Suga looked down and softly said, “I had my reasons to leave.”

    “And what reasons could’ve influenced you to leave just like that?” Jin was on the verge of tears and just wanted to hear Suga answer the question. Suga stood stiffly in silence and Jin turned around in disappointment.

    “Is it really hard to answer me? Am I really that untrustworthy that you guys have to act like this? I honestly don’t understand. But, I think it’s best for all of us if I just don’t and stay behind in the shadows again. Do what you guys want, I won’t bother anymore.” Jin Jungkook’s hair and started to walk away towards and out the door, leaving the two boys alone.

    “This is the reason why we can’t work together anymore, there’s no communication, there’s no trust, there’s nothing that can keep us together anymore. Jungkook-ah, is it really fair for all of us to end up like this? Sooner or later, we’re going to start bringing in our personal problems into the workspace and we won’t be productive. But how can we fix it? Do you know the answer? If you do, please tell me. Please let all of us know, because the last thing I wanna see is your faces for the last time.” Suga walked over to Jungkook and gently his hair and face. Seeing his carefree face brought Suga to tears. Hot, salty tears streamed down in his cheeks, followed by soft sobs and soon a full, silent breakdown. He got down on his knees next to the bed, with Jungkook’s hands in his. Thoughts ran through his head, conversations were on repeat, unpredictable future events flashed and the tears continued flowing.

 


 

    “Hyung? You’re home already? Did you see Jungkook?” V asked.

Jin looked at the young boy and let out an angry sigh towards the ceiling. He continued on his way to his room and closed the door behind him.

    “What do you think happened? Did he see Suga? Where is Suga-hyung?” Jimin asked the confused V.

Namjoon knocked on Jin’s door and opened it, stepping inside and closing the door.

    “Did you see him?” Namjoon asked.

    “He was asleep when I saw him, so I didn’t get to talk to him.” Jin threw his back to his bed and closed his eyes.

    “Hyung, did you see Suga-hyung as well?” Namjoon asked.

    “Am I really a bad guy, Namjoon? Am I really not worth your time for you to let me know of your feelings and thoughts? Should I become a priest just to have you guys do that?” Jin’s melancholic outspoken thoughts left Namjoon speechless. He was used to seeing Jin as a supporting character in their family drama, but he now understands that Jin wants to be more than that, he wants the role of the caring hyung, the loving mother and the wise father. He just wants to protect his younger members and let them know that they have nothing to fear when they speak to him.

    Namjoon walked to Jin’s bed and sat down next to him, “Hyung, I don’t think you’re a bad guy, honestly. If anything, you are the first guy I would run to when I have problems. I think the younger members would also agree.” He smiled down at the man who looked up at him.

    “Then why didn’t Jungkook tell me about Yoona? Why didn’t Suga tell me why he left when I asked earlier? Why wasn’t I the first one to know about Jungkook’s breakdown? Why am I the last one to find out about everything?”

    “I-I don’t really know.” He softly responded as he wrapped his arms around the crying man.