Court Pt. 1

She'll Leave You

D-Day: Court Session

 

J-Hope and Jimin have arranged the living room to replicate a semi-formal courtroom. They moved the couches to one side for the jury and brought in chairs from the kitchen for the defendant and plaintiffs. Namjoon would have another chair for himself and Jungkook would be sitting next to Namjoon. Neither of them bothered to dress up for the occasion because they were in their own home. They waited for an hour and a half before they heard the doorbell announce the arrival of the girl who’s past, present and future would be judged.

    “Who wants to go get the door?” Jin asked. The tone of his voice was too soft and pleasant for the situation. “Hoseok?” He turned to face the younger male. J-Hope lightly jumped and cringed when he heard his name come out from Jin’s lips. He walked over to the door and opened it, without a word, letting Yoona inside.

    Jin greeted her with a smile “Nice of you to join us, thanks for making time from your ‘busy’ schedule”.

Yoon looked around and saw that the furniture was moved around and other chairs were placed in the center of the room. She didn’t know what to make out of the situation. Jin pointed at the kitchen chair in the center and told her to sit there. She slowly moved towards her seat and sat down. The others looked at each other and soon took their own places. Suga took the chair to Yoona’s right and Jin took the seat to her left, leaving Namjoon and Jungkook to take the two chairs in front of them. The other three have taken over the couches near Suga.

    “What’s going on?” Yoona asked, looking around.

Namjoon glanced over at Jin and Jin nodded his head. Namjoon sighed and looked around, “Court will now be in session. Today we have Kim Seokjin and Min Yoongi against Lee Yoona. Can either Jin or Suga stand and claim the case?” Namjoon said.

Jin and Suga looked at each other and then Suga turned away. Jin took it as his place to stand and with a piercing tone, he stated the case.

    “Your honor, today I, as well as Yoongi, have come against Yoona under the case of emotional abuse. I can’t pinpoint a victim, but it does involve the majority of the people in this room.”

Yoona stood up and faced Jin, whom was was still looking at Namjoon. “What?! Emotional abuse?! What the hell do you mean by that?!”

    “Yoona, I’m gonna have to ask you to sit down or we’re gonna have to make a rash decision this very moment, and it won’t pretty.” Namjoon spoke up.

    Her eyes quickly looked over to find Namjoon’s eyes, but found no consideration in the cold, dark eyes of his. “This is crazy! Nonsense! I haven’t been abusive in any way towards anyone. These are all false accusations!”

    “I haven’t even brought out any accusations yet.” Jin sighed. He looked at Yoona and smirked, “So I think it’s better if you sit down, listen to what we have to say, and then you can argue your side all you want. That is, if you still want to save your precious title of a loving girlfriend.” He whispered the last sentence towards her.

Yoona took her eyes off of Namjoon and slowly closed them. She opened them to look at Jin and growled under her breath, reclaiming her seat.

    “Anyways, Jin. continue” Namjoon waved.

Jin looked down at the nervous girl beside him and then at Jungkook, whom was looking away from the scene but sensed Jin’s eyes on him. Jin pointed down at Yoona and exclaimed, “Her abuse has been going on for years and she refuses to acknowledge the damage she has done to this family. If anything, I would suggest that she removes herself from this family portrait and go seek professional help.”

Namjoon turned his head towards Suga and asked, “Do you have anything to say to this?”

Suga looked at Namjoon and then at Yoona and Jin, “Not yet.”

    “Very well. Then we’ll continue with Yoona. I should have done this earlier, but whatever. Yoona, I’m gonna have to ask you to raise your right hand and swear on-” Namjoon paused and looked around to find an object Yoona can swear on. He looked at the rectangular bulge in Jungkook’s pocket and asked him for his cell phone. Jungkook looked at him and slowly pulled out his phone. Namjoon took it and told Yoona to place her left hand on top of the phone. She hesitated to place her hand down but did it regardless. Namjoon continued, “Do you, Lee Yoona, swear to speak the truth and nothing but the truth or so help me, that I do not have to treat this as an actual threat and call the police.”

J-Hope smirked at the last sentence, trying not to laugh at the ridiculous statement. He wouldn’t actually call the police on her, would he?

    Yoona sighed, “I swear.” Namjoon nodded at her to step back and asked her a series of basic informational questions.

    “What’s your real name?” He asked in monotone.

    “Lee Yoona”

    “What is your date of birth?” He immediately asked before letting her breathe,

    “May 13, 1993” She crossed her arms.

    “Do you have any psychological disorders that I should be aware of?”

    “What? No.” She shook her head.

    “What a liar.” Jin spoke under his breath.

    “Is it true or not that you have had a romantic relationship with Min Yoongi?” He asked.

All eyes were on Yoona now. She looked around and let her eyes fall towards Jungkook’s direction. She sensed that they already knew the answer, but wanted a confirmation. She knew she couldn’t lie, it wouldn’t help her in any way.

    “Yes, but I wouldn’t really call it romantic.”

    “Can you tell us some details about the relationship you had with him at the time? Just to get an idea as to what happened and why it happened.” He smirked.

    “Yoongi and I were in the same class for three years but we never really talked. He was one of those students who prefered to come to school and take a nap during a lecture. He sat behind me, and I was always sitting straight up and he was laid back, he took it as an advantage to nap frequently. I hardly ever paid attention to him because he was just someone I told myself not to associate with. It wasn’t until one day when I heard him softly snoring and I turned around to wake him up. When I turned around, I thought that I was going to be facing a pig, but, when I looked at him, I thought he was a newborn baby. I never noticed how pale and flawless he looked. I whispered to him to wake up but he was difficult to awaken. I slightly raised my voice but it nothing worked until I had to shake his hands. He woke up and looked at me. Normally I don’t like guys with small eyes, but something about his eyes caught my interest and I continued to look at him, not wanting to take my eyes off of his. He gave me this look and looked down. I also looked down and saw that I was still holding onto his hands. I let go and went back to continue working. I thought I heard him say something but I don’t know what it was. That day on, he was all I had in my mind. Whenever he slept in class, I would turn around to steal a glance at him. I eventually got the courage to ask him out and to my surprise, he agreed. We went out for a year and I thought that I was happiest girl in the world. I always enjoyed seeing him smiling, and sleeping, and hear him talk. Then, I was absent for a week due to an operation I had to undergo. I thought that when I returned to school, he would shower me with gifts and hugs. Instead, I saw him shower some other girl with gifts and hugs. The moment I entered that classroom in the morning, I thought that I wanted to die. I thought that this shouldn’t be happening, this was unfair. He and I were together, everyone knew that. I was wondering if he knew that. I was hoping that he would see me and come to comfort me, welcoming back at least. Letting me know that I was still in his mind. He did see me, he frowned and went back to talking to his friends and that girl. It was over for me at the moment. Things only got worse from there on. I often saw them ditching lunch to go somewhere else. The worst imaginations always came to mind. ‘What could they be playing?’ I always thought. We were too young to know what happens between a boy and a girl in a relationship, but I knew. I always knew. I knew that they would hide somewhere in the playground and collapse their lips together. I wouldn’t be surprised if he even asked her if he can take a peek underneath her skirt.”

Suga stood up quickly, too quickly that he felt unbalanced and dizzy when he tried to look into Yoona’s eyes. He yelled at the top of his lungs, defending her accusation,“I have never done anything like that, you crazy-!”

“Hyung! Please, we need to hear from her to understand her feelings. You’ll get to speak your side soon, just not now.” Namjoon said. Suga took his eyes off of the girl to look at the ones of the judge. He looked around and saw that the others were just as shocked. Yoona continued looking ahead, not daring to face at a pair of menacing eyes. She knew she shouldn’t have said that, but she was just speaking the truth of her thoughts. Suga sat back down and Namjoon asked Yoona if she wanted to continue.

“Yes. As I was saying, I thought they were doing such obscenities. I didn’t want to ask anyone for confirmation, I didn’t want to be right. I took those actions as our own confirmation that we were over. What I always wondered was, why couldn’t he have just told me upfront that he wanted to break up? Why couldn’t he have just told me from the beginning that he liked someone else? Why couldn’t he had just told me instead of having to find out about it in that way? Was I just someone he can pass the time with? Was I...useless in a way?” She wanted to look down at her right side, she wanted to see him after she voiced out her thoughts. She wanted to see him feel hurt in a way, if he even feels that way. Instead, she kept her focus on Namjoon, who was staring at her. Has he always been this scary looking when he stared?

Namjoon looked down and then quickly raised his gaze to face her again, “Do you know the reason why your relationship with him ended that way?”

Yoona shook her head, “No, he never explained it.”

The eyes turned to Suga and he looked at Yoona, he sighed and returned to look into thin air.

    “Do you wanna give her an explanation now or wait until she answers these next questions?” Namjoon asked the pale boy. Suga remained quiet, giving the impression that he will wait.

    “Okay, Yoona, it has also been revealed that you had a relationship with Jin. Can you give us some details such as, when did you guys meet? How the relationship went? You can leave the break-up details at the end.”

    “Jin. His school and my school were sibling schools so the boys and girls would often meet and hang out or hook up. Sometimes, both schools would host events and everyone was able to mingle on the same grounds. My friend wanted me to go with her to one of her meetings, she said that she was going to meet with someone from the boys’ school and he was going to bring friends along. I went, and there I met him. He looked incredibly handsome, I couldn’t believe that he was just a student. He had such polite manners and he was a bit silly. He often laughed but hid the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. I just wanted to reach my hands out and remove them from hiding it, I fell for him immediately. I confessed to him that I took a liking to him and asked for his number. The smile and giggle he gave me was overwhelming, I thought I was going to faint at his feet. After that, we continued to meet. Jin was someone I sincerely cared about. He was someone I could rely on. He was someone who made my days brighter and easier to go through. I would never forget the day he officially asked me to be his girlfriend, and the day we had our first-” She stopped herself and slowly made her eyes look at Jungkook. His eyes screamed in pain, in hurt, in torture. She was describing his hyung in a way he couldn’t compete in. He felt that she truly loved him. If that was the case, then why is Yoona with him, and not with Jin?

    “He was everything to me. I had forgotten everything about Yoongi at this point, because I thought I could live the rest of my days with Kim Seokjin. I thought that all I needed to be happy in life was him. And then I did the regrettable, I took the liking of another. He didn’t go to our school, but I often saw him on my way to my part-time job. This was during the time Jin had decided to train himself for company auditions. I saw him less and less as he spent most of his time who knows where. I thought this was going to be just like the situation with Yoongi, so I thought I should get ahead of myself and ask this guy out. I didn’t want to break up with Jin just yet, I wanted to wait to see if he would quit at some point and then I would just be with him again and break up with my new boyfriend. I just needed someone to shower me with affection, and someone I can talk to, and hold in my arms. Jin wasn’t in my head anymore. When he told me that he passed the BigHit audition, I wondered if I should lay the news on him right then or wait. I waited, until it was too late. I had to breakup with him over the phone because of his busy schedule as a trainee. I didn’t think I would see him again, and well, here we are.”

    Jin scoffed on the opposite side and muttered, “what a two-timing b-”, Namjoon coughed loudly, intentionally interrupting Jin before he finished his sentence.

    “Everything  you have confessed so far, it’s true, am I right?” Namjoon asked Yoona. She looked up and with tears threatening to fall, she nodded yes.

    She slightly rose her voice, “Even if I was lying, no one can say otherwise since this is how only I felt. Towards no one else, can I honestly say I felt this way. Yoongi was the man who distorted my heart, Jin was the one who I played with.”

    “Very well then. We’re going to continue. We know that you have attempted to lure Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung. Can you please explain what you were thinking of or planned to do during this alluring?”

    “Simple, I was going to use them against Jin. Thinking back on it, it wouldn’t have worked. Like I said, I only wanted Jin. If I was able to date one of them, then maybe, just maybe, I had hoped, Jin would see that I was only doing it to make him jealous and beg me to go back to him. I want to believe that during the time he and I were together, he also felt the same way. Did he? I don’t know.”

    “Can I say something?” J-Hope raised his hand. Namjoon looked at him and nodded. J-Hope looked at Yoona. Yoona slowly turned her head towards J-Hope and waited.

“All I want to say is, you could’ve succeeded.” He said

No one shifted from their seat at the comment, nor did they want to understand what he was trying to say. Namjoon cleared his throat and looked around, meeting the eyes of the jury, Yoona, and attempted to meet eyes with Suga and Jin but had no success. They were looking at anywhere but the judge.

    “Right now, we have heard what Yoona had to say about Suga and Jin., and the other three. We’re gonna have a short break and when we come back, we will hear from Suga and Jin’s perspective. Jury, please refrain from speaking about the case during our break.” Namjoon said. He looked up at Yoona and continued, “You’re welcome to stay and we can have someone go out and buy snacks. Or, you can go out, take a breather, eat or something, but you would have to come back in an hour. It’s up to you.” He didn’t expect an answer from her, assuming that she would get her purse and run out the door, not wanting to come back. “Court will now be in intermission.” He clapped his hands and stood up. The others soon followed and stretched. Yoona continued standing in her position, thinking. Should she leave? Should she stay? She decided to stay.