Closed

She'll Leave You

“Taehyung, over here!” Namjoon softly shouted at Taehyung, whom was standing near the entrance looking around. He saw Namjoon and the others and rushed towards them.

    “Okay, what happened?” He looked at them before looking down at Jimin.

Before either of them could speak, one of the nurses walked towards them.

    “Are either of you Min Yoongi’s guardian?” He asked.

Namjoon looked at him and said that he was. The nurse smiled and continued, “Yoongi is going to be alright now. We have warmed his body using thermal blankets and had to semi-force him to drink warm liquids. Because he did have some water in his lungs, we had to extract the water and perform CPR on him.”

    “That’s good to hear, thank you” Namjoon smiled.

    “He was just moved into his room, you can go ask in the information desk for his room number.” He smiled as the boys thanked him and he took his leave,

    “Alright, now to go see our hyung” J-Hope said as he stood up. They all made their way to a nurse’s desk and asked for Suga’s room number. Once it was given, they quickly made their way down the hall towards the elevators.

 

    The wooden door in front of them seeped out an eerie energy, perhaps because they weren’t ready to face a man who would be paler than he already was. They were afraid that he would be gone after they were told that he would be just fine. They were just afraid. Namjoon up the courage and turned the door handle and entered the dim room with the boys following close behind. They looked ahead and saw the man lying in his bed, silent and still. The only thing that they felt was different from what they usually saw at home was the IV drip attached to his left arm and the hospital setting.

They slowly made their way towards the sleeping man and looked down at him. Jimin’s tears threatened to fall down his cheek. He looked up to retreat the tears but a couple fell and he felt like the situation could’ve been avoided if he had convinced him better. V looked at Jimin and reached out to grab Jimin and pulled him close. He whispered in his ear and that made Jimin let all of his tears silently pour down his cold cheeks.

    “Yoongi looks warm now, how long do you think before he wakes up?” J-Hope asked, Namjoon slightly shrugged in response. He looked at the pale male before walking to the window and looking out. The city lights had him think about the other millions of citizens in the city, wondering what they’re doing, knowing that they would have no idea that tonight, BTS would have lost a member.

    “What do you think Jin-hyung and Jungkook are doing?” He asked, still looking out the window.

Jimin and V looked at their leader and felt a pang in their chest. V closed his eyes and remembered the conversation he has with Jin earlier, he didn’t want to confess what Jin said. He just wanted to play dumb for a little longer. Jimin’s tears never stopped falling, and with the thought of the oldest and youngest member gone in an emergency, he felt like hopeless child.

    “Let’s not think about them right now, we already have too much in our hands at the moment.” J-Hope said as he sat down at Suga’s feet. He was only able to worry about one member at the time, he couldn’t act like the brother who had enough heart for everyone anymore, he already lost parts of his heart.

Namjoon looked at the street below and saw a couple coming out with a covered ball in their arms. A few feet next to them was an elder man, struggling to walk but managing and coming from the opposite side were a couple of nurses. They all had somewhere to go, and at the end of the night, someone to go to. Somewhere deep in the city were two lost boys, waiting for that place and that someone, just as he and the others were waiting.

 

    Jin woke up and felt an ache in his head and back. He looked up and saw a couple of stars above him. He opened his mouth and forced himself to let out a soft sound to assure himself he was fine. He slowly started moving his hands and toes. They were all intact. He then moved his arms and legs, all there. He propped himself up and looked scanned his surroundings, he saw that he was sitting on a wooden bench, saw a children’s slide and a swing set near by. He slowly stood up and felt his headache increase, as well as pain in his stomach and nausea running through him. His hands ran cold and he felt his face lose color. He sat back down and let his head hang back. Jin felt the earth move underneath him and if he opens his eyes, then he might just fall from his seat and land face first on the ground.

    “What the hell did you drink Seokjin? Why are you like this? I said that we have to go home and yet you’re here at a children’s playground and dying. Pathetic.” He told himself. He slowly opened his eyes and felt stable enough to stand up again. “Attaboy, now let’s go home.” He started walking towards the direction of where the dorm would be. Every now and then he would stop and felt the alcohol threaten to come up, but he was able to hold it in until he arrived home.

    After puking multiple times in the toilet, he reclaimed himself and stared at the reflection in the mirror. The man in front of him was angry, he was pale but had red cheeks. His eyes were hazy but threatening. He wanted to look away, but he was afraid that the man would continue looking at him in that menacing way. He quickly looked away and hesitated to look back. He slowly looked up and saw the same man again, but his eyes were different. He was sad, disappointed, he looked like he wanted to cry. The man pulled his wrist up to his eyes and wiped them, then he shook his head and walked out. Jin hoped to see atleast one of his younger members around, but met no one. No one was home. He had to look around to see if he was even in the right apartment. Everything was in the way it was before he left. What he didn’t see was the car keys on the table. He wondered if they went somewhere. He wondered if he should call and let them know that he’s home. He wondered if he should go to bed or wait up for them. He wondered if he should just go out again. He wondered and wondered.

    “I think I should just wait for them to come back.” He told himself. He closed his eyes and felt his body wobble back and forth, side to side. He had to sit down, or probably lie down. He didn’t know what to do, he just wanted to see the others.

 

    Jungkook fiddled his fingers as he laid on Yoona’s couch, waiting for her to come out of her room. It’s been awhile since he left around and felt uncomfortable waiting. He sometimes paced back and forth, hoping she’d come out but she never did. He wondered if she was ok but never received the courage to knock on her door and ask. He just waited, and he was starting to get impatient.

He got up and walked to her bedroom door and knocked, “Yoona?”, he waited for an answer but was given none.

    “Yoona? Can I come in?” He asked, pressing his ear against the door. Again, answered by silence.

    “Okay Yoona, I’m gonna leave. Good night” He said as he removed himself from the door and walked towards the entrance. He opened the door and closed it, quickly hiding nearby afterwards. He waited to see if she was going to come out, he didn’t know what he would do or say if she did.

    It was only a minute after he closed the door that he heard a door creak open. He felt his heart pang against his chest as he felt a sick feeling in his stomach. He honestly had no idea what to do. He heard soft footsteps, but nowhere near where he was. He stopped breathing for a second before he moved away from his hiding place, and making himself appear in front of Yoona. He looked at her eyes, her red eyes that screamed of terror as she saw him, thinking that he left.

    “Are you scared? Afraid? Upset? That I didn’t leave?” He meant it as a rhetorical question, but hoped that she would answer. She stood there, paralyzed by his dark gaze.

    “You don’t have to be afraid anymore, for I gave it some real thought.” He waited before he continue, “I believe it is better for us to break up. The sake of everyone. Don’t you agree?”

Yoona looked at him and felt a tear fall. Was she hearing the right words or did she get a big hit on her head that she wasn’t able to comprehend speech anymore?

    “I thought about my actions, and honestly, they brought nothing but trouble. It’s not your fault, it’s really not. You didn’t know any better. But now we both do, and this is the best way to end this. I don’t know if this is how you imagined us to end, but I did. Not in this moment, not with these words, but with these reasons. I love you, Yoona. But I love my members more, and with them I will continue to work and live with. One day, if I’m permitted, I will find you again and will continue where I left off. As long as you allow me to run to you, and accept me in your arms. If not, if we cannot be together after tonight, then know that I was always sincere with you. I always meant every word, I always meant every touch. I never wanted to hurt you, but it seems that I have. I have hurt everyone.”

Yoona’s tears multiplied as he finished speaking. She never knew he felt this way, and she had no reason to disagree with him. She knew he would do anything for his group, for his friends, and she knew he meant no harm but if they kept going like this, then who knows where every single one of them would end up in. She was upset in hearing that they should break up, but she was happy to know that he really loved her. All she and Jungkook want is happiness.

    “So I say this before I leave, Lee Yoona, I wish the best of happiness for you in the days and years to come. I hope you never forget me, for I will never forget you. May we meet again, perhaps not again in this life, but in another life. In that life, we will have no worries. So long.” Jungkook gave her a soft smile before he turned around and headed out of the door.

Yoona’s vision blurred as she continued continue replaying that last scene in her head. After every repeat, his voice became low and soft, until she was unable to hear him again. That’s when she broke down to her knees and cried her heart out.

    Jungkook stood on the other side of her door and closed his eyes as tears slipped from his eyelids and heard the muffled cries from Yoona. He knew what he did and he didn’t regret it, not now, but maybe later, and after a while, he will continue to live his life in peace.