.06

If you could see me now.

Krystal POV

It’s been 3 weeks since the tutoring session started. My schedule is the same. Bully the nerd then tutoring. At first no one dared talk to her, but at the span of the sessions, we asked little things but Sulli has been the most talkative one. Kai called me to meet up at the rooftop so I was just waiting for him here. After 5 minutes, he arrived. “What do you want to talk about?” I asked

“Wanna make a bet?”

“With what?”

“I heard the nerd have a crush on you” Kai said

“What?!” where the hell did he hear that?

“You heard me, she has a crush on you”

“So, what’s the bet all about?”

“Befriend her, make her your girlfriend then break her. Make her suffer” Kai said evilly.

“No way I would do that! I have a reputation” I refused

“C’mon, no one would care if the school know. They’re open with homoual relationships this era”

“Still no.” The heck!

“If you do this, we’ll be together” He insisted. , this is my only chance. He might be the one who takes me out on a date but I am still the one who pursued him further. I am the one who showed the motive. But if I didn’t, he will not be in a relationship with me. I have a reputation to maintain. What do I do. After thinking for about 5 minutes, I gave up.

“Okay, fine. I accept the bet.”

“Good! You start today. We’ll end it at graduation time” What did I get myself into? We talked for a few minutes until the bell rang. I’ve been thinking about this bet, I do gain a lot in this. I mean I can bully the nerd, get her to do what I want, exhaust her until she breaks. Not bad. (Insert evil smirk). I should probably ask Sulli, she has been getting close to that nerd.

 

Amber POV

Sulli and I have been getting a little close this past week, we hang out together at the park with Henry. She talks to me and tell me some stories but there is still this awkwardness between us since maybe, her friends are my bullies especially the ice princess. We are currently in the café, in the middle of tutoring session when Krystal finally talked to me for the first time without insult. “So, you and Sulli are getting along well” She asked, more likely stated a fact. Her friends looked at her like hell has frozen. “Uhm yeah. Though we’re still awkward because of our history in school but its good. Thanks for asking.” I answered.

“How long have been working?” Oooookay? Is she interrogating me? Never in my life she would talk or take interest on my life other than making my life hell.

“I worked since I was 14 but I started working here when I was 16. I work two jobs and that’s all”

“How long do you work?”

“I work from 7 pm to 3 am here and I have a part time from 4am to 6 am and then go home shower and go to school”

“How do you manage going to school without sleep?” is she really that curious?

“I only have the other job during Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.”

“You’re parents are not looking for you if you don’t go home?”

“I don’t have parents. Orphaned, remember? Though I have Grandpa and Gran, they’re not my relatives though” I answered sadly. Their faces looked shocked with my answer.

“If they’re not your relatives, then who are they?”

“They live next door in my apartment building. Apparently, Grandpa was fired in his job, they couldn’t pay their rent since their children hasn’t contacted them since. I decided to take them in, moved to a two bedroom apartment and lived together. Grandpa and Gran didn’t want to burden me so Grandpa decided to find a job and got in as a mailman so he can help me pay the bills. I also donate some of my earnings to the orphanage and visit them on my day off”

“Woah!” they exclaimed together. Though Sulli and I occasionally talk, she didn’t know this facts yet.

“I’ll leave you on your exercises, I’ll get change.” I went to the locker room and changed to start my job. We did the usual, they answer their papers, I give them snacks then check the papers. They stayed for a while to talk since we have no classes tomorrow, something about teacher’s conference. I occasionally joined them in their talk since there are some customers. I admit it feels nice to talk to someone who is my bullies in school but could be friends in tutoring sessions. “Did you guys finished your songs already?” Suzy asked.

“I’m done” I answered.

“Me too” said the three.

“Mine’s almost” Sulli said. We continued talking until the three decided to leave and Sulli is left with me.

“Wanna do a duet together?” I asked bluntly

“Sure, but you finish my song” she asked jokingly

“Give me the paper right now, I’ll mix up the theme so we can come up with one theme” She gave me her music sheet and left. I opened it and she wasn’t really finished with the song. “Dreaming alone, huh?” I think by myself. The title was good, since there are no customers; I decided to finish it so we can record it tomorrow. I sent her a message to meet me up tomorrow at 9 am here in the café to record our song. She immediately replied sure.