Date. Simple

If you could see me now.

Krystal POV

I was .all over the moon when Amber finally asked me out on a date. I don’t care if we do it in the orphanage but at least I will know how she grew up. We are currently in the bus, we stopped shortly in a bakery to buy snacks for the kids. When we arrived, I recognized the girl who was with kids.

“Is she Ms. Seo?’ I asked Amber

“Yeah, how did you know?” she asked curiously

“I saw her with Ms. Im and she’s her girlfriend”

“Oh, how Seo unnie didn’t tell me” We approached them who immediately crowded around Amber

“Hey guys, I’m sorry if I haven’t been visiting you regularly. I’ve been busy” Amber talked to the kids and greeted Seo unnie which I did the same. We went inside and meet some of the helpers and volunteers. We put down the food we bought and started to play with the kids outside. When I was resting in the patio, Seo unnie sat down beside me.

“She’s good with them” she stated

“Yeah, she’s good with Hen and Jion too. How long did she stay here?”

“She only stayed for 4 years then left when she started working. She never failed to visit. I got a message from Yoona when she got accepted at your school. I’ve always been grateful to her, you know?”

“Why is that?”

“The orphanage lacked funds 2 years ago. We can’t feed the kids. The funds were cut short and there were 13 kids at that time. We were grateful for the volunteers but Amber did everything to help. She told me that she will be leaving once she reached 16.  She never told me she worked when she was 14. I thought she was busy at school that’s why she arrived late at night. I got shocked when she handed me some money and bought supplies for the kids. She took the responsibility since she was the oldest of the kids that time.” she told me while we were watching Amber play with the kids

“Did you know anything about her parents?”

“She didn’t tell you?” I shook my head no

“We asked her but all she said was she stayed here and that she had none”

“Then its not my place to say but I will tell you this. Amber ran away when she was 12 and stayed here. She had a difficult past with her family”

‘So she really has a family and is still alive?”

“Yes, though, I think her family didn’t find her. She came here with bruises”

“Bruises?”

“Yeah, she never told me where she got it but I assumed that she got it on the way here” I just listened to her talk until Amber approached us and told us that the kids were hungry. We helped some of the volunteers who cooked lunch and then we had a story telling. I found it fun and relaxing. It was tiring I admit but when I saw Amber and the kids happily playing and sharing stories, my tiredness went away. we are currently saying goodbye to the kids who were looking sad.

“Unnie, you’ll come back again right?”

“Of course, I’ll drag Amber if she didn’t” I answered the little girl. We rode the bus and went to the café since Amber had to work.

“Thanks for coming today and sorry if I took you to the orphanage” Amber apologized

“Its okay, in fact, I had fun with the kids and I knew something about you” She was about to answer when Dad came in. Dad rarely goes here. Since he invested in this café, he normally talks to Fany unnie. He approached me when I called him.

“Dad! What are you doing here?”

“I was here to talk about Miyoung, something about the investor who expanded nearby”

“Well, the investor is right over there” I pointed Amber

“But that’s a boy. Miyoung said she”

“Dad, she’s a girl not a boy”

“Oh, my bad. Haha” he went to Fany unnies office and I went back to Amber who already changed. I saw unnie and Dad come out and sat in the booth. Amber served them coffee and she was introduced by Fany unnie. They talked for a while when dad called me.

“Soojung, help me find a gift for your mom.”

“For what?”

“Our anniversary. You forgot?”

“Oh yeah, I’ll buy her too.” I almost forgot about it. Then he went back talking to Amber which became personal related than business. I think he found her quite funny and interesting.

Amber POV

So I was currently talking to Mr. Jung. I told him my plans and he seemed quite excited about it and approved. we exchanged stories and I found him funny. He showed me a picture of his wife when I heard that its going to be their anniversary tomorrow. He showed me a picture of them and told me some stories. He said they’ll celebrate it here tomorrow night and I asked why here.

“We don’t like too much fancy places, this is our favorite place ever since we met. I wasn’t the original owner of this café. I bought it when the owner died and made it better.” he told me more about his family and listened attentively until they had to leave.

“Thanks for listening on my stories. At first, I thought you were a boy since you’re handsome”

“I get that a lot sir.”

“Well, Krystal and I are leaving. Say goodnight, krys.” He left first and Krsytal bid me goodnight

“Thanks for today. I never saw dad that happy talking to someone. I hope will go out again”

“Sure! Will you be here tomorrow?”

“Yeah, the whole family will be here”

“I’ll see you tomorrow then” I was shocked when she kissed my cheek and left. I smiled dopily.