Asking Her out

If you could see me now.

Amber POV

“Sul! Its not funny!” Sulli and I had been talking about my feelings for Krystal. She had been laughing on my horrified reactions since then.

“Hyung! Trust me! Just tell her already. Here I thought you asked her out on a date only for me to know that we are just gonna practice in your apartment.”

“But I don’t know how. What if she doesn’t like me?”

“Hyung, if you never try, you wouldn’t know. Maybe, she also had a crush on you. Hiding behind the bullying because in truth, she likes you.”

“How did you know that?”

‘Duh! I watch romantic movies. Your life is boring. Work, study, work. That’s your life. Ask her out on a date. Or since she likes kids, take her with you when you visit the orphanage on Thursday. We have no classes till Monday.”

“You know what, you’re right. I’ll never know if I never tried right?”

“Of course I’m always right. I practically been bestfriends with Soojung since I was 7.”

“Wait, Soojung?” That was somehow familiar to me.

“You don’t know? Her name is Jung Soojung. Krystal is the name she used in U.S and it just stuck to us that we call her that.” She explained. I was thinking hard and haven’t answered he when she smacked me.

“Ow! What was that for?” I was rubbing my head. I was about to answer when Henry went down. We are currently in the Choi mansion by the way. I took Henry and he laid his head on my shoulder.

“Had a nice nap little man?” He just nodded.

“Hyung, can you cook for me?’ I asked for permission from Sul and she just nodded.

“Sure, help me?” I put him on a stool and looked at their fridge for some ingredients. I decided to cook lasagna since it was for snacks. We prepared the ingredients while occasionally bantering. After 45 minutes, I was serving them the food when their parents arrived.

“I smell something nice” Mrs. Choi said

“I apologize for intruding. Your just in time for some snacks. I made lasagna.”

“Its fine. I bet its yummy” They both joined us in the table. This is what I find good in Sul’s parents. They are playful and they really love their family.

“This is so good, Amber. Where did you learn how to cook?” Mrs. Choi asked

“I learned from the orphanage. I helped Ms. Seohyun in taking care of the kids since I was the oldest at that time.” She nodded and she changed the subject since she can see I’m not in the mood to talk about it. We continued to tell jokes and story until it was time for me to leave.

“Thanks for the meal Amber, I wish you could come back here often and cook for us” Mr. Choi said jokingly

“I will, and thanks also for the stories.” I said goodbye to them and left for work.

Wednesday night

I was invited by Krystal to their home to tutor her since she wasn’t present yesterday. Something about helping her sister for the wedding next week. I talked to Yul hyung and told him I was done with the song. He asked me if he could listen to it but I told him it’s a surprise since it’s a gift for them. He relented and said he trusts me so he let it go. And today, I decided to ask Krystal on a date.

“Hey Krystal” I called

“Hmm?” She answered without looking at me. She is concentrating in answering the exercises I gave her

“Do you wanna come with me in the orphanage on Thursday? it’s a date” I said nervously. She stopped writing

“You’re asking me out on a date? On a date?” How many times does she have to repeat it? God, I feel like she’s going to reject me.

“Yeah, but if you didn’t want to, its okay. I’m sorry about asking, its just that I like you and I really wanna take you out on a date and it was also lame that I asked you to go with me in the orphanage and…” as I was rambling, she stopped me

“Geez, you’re rambling. I didn’t say I won’t right? But do you really like me?”

“Yes” I answered shyly. She looked at me in the eyes and told me.

“Ask me again” I got confused

“What?”

“You were asking me if I would like to go on a date with you, so ask me again” She stated

“Will you go out on a date with me?” I asked again confidently

“Yes”

“Really?!” She said yes! And I can’t believe it! My long time crush just said yes! I don’t care if it was just a date.

“Do I have say it again?” I thought she was mad but she was also smiling.

“But we’re going to the orphanage where I grew. its just that you’re good with kids and I want to introduce you to my siblings in the orphanage” I consider the kids in the orphanage as my siblings.

“Its okay, I wanna meet them” I am so lucky! Thanks Sulli! We talked about other things and the exercises are long forgotten. NA dfor the first time, I finally got Krystal’s number. I texted Sulli about what happened and she said it was about time. I fell asleep with a smile on my face. 

 

Double update guys. Hope you like the progress of the story