.21 The Past Part 2

If you could see me now.

Flashback

A month after I was released, my parents came back. I took the liberty to greet them and even before I attempted to hug my dad, I was shocked on the shove he gave me. Being a child, I thought after the accident, they would notice that they still have another child. I finally understood that, when I lost my brother in the accident, I completely lost my parents too. And the day they came back, everything changed. My dad changed and I mean changed, I was the receiving end of his fury. for the first 4 months, he started beating me. He always came home drunk. It was not severe, but enough to leave bruises. The maids can’t do anything about it since my dad became a respectable man and most of them left me alone during the time my parents are in the house. Only my personal maid and butler would help and take care of me when my parents are gone. The beatings continued and I just received it thinking that maybe, this is my punishment for killing my brother. My mom would turn a blind eye when I asked for her help so it was just the maids and my butler. After a year, I decided to cut my hair short. I thought that maybe if I looked like a boy, they would accept and hell, that didn’t work. Because of it, the beatings became worse. I just thought that maybe I could replace Donghae so decided to act as him and I realized, I was really nothing to them. After a year, I became numb. I didn’t cry when my dad would beat me, I barely eat, I stopped going to school. I locked my door and never went out. That was when the maids alerted my parents that I never left my room for almost two weeks of me not touching the food they leave outside my door. What they didn’t know was, I already left. Sure, my body hurt, but I wanted to leave the place I once considered home. I saw a newspaper article about a small orphanage and decided to stay there in exchange for helping them. I lied that I was attacked on the way that left bruises in my body. Since then I stayed there. I was hoping they would find me but after a year, I stopped hoping. Instead, I worked hard to be accepted in one of the most prestigious schools and changed my name. I never told anyone who my parents are, simply telling them I’m an orphan.

End of Flashback

“So when we bully you, you never fight back. Why?” Krystal asked. She too cried for me.

“what was the only words that you always say to you after that?”

“That you’re used to it”

“You’re right, I am used to it. My dad does it to me for almost two years” I said softly. I can see regrets in her eyes for what she had done to me in the past.

“I’m sorry” she went over to me and cried asking for forgiveness.

“I already told you, I forgive you”

“But still, I did some things I regret doing to you”

“I know but its okay. Hey, at least that time, my crush notices me” I tried to lighten up the mood and I only received a soft punch in my chest.

“You never told me who they are”

“Who?” I asked curiously

“Your parents” That’s right, I never mentioned their names

“You can’t guess?” She shook her head. Its true I always answer no if anyone asks me if I’m related to the Liu’s

“I am the sister of Jion. Daughter of Jackson Liu who is the second richest after your father” She looked at me wide open

“But you said you’re not involved with them. And that’s why you flinched when I said Jion’s parents” I just nodded as she pieced the information she heard. “Why?”

“Why what?” I wondered

“Why didn’t you tell him that you’re his daughter, that time in the café?” she asked

“You have seen how he judged me after one look. I just decided to treat Jion as my sister. I am honestly jealous of her since they clearly care and love her” I told her honestly

“Don’t worry, Jion treats you as her sister too. It might not be enough but at least, you still have families that loves you. And remember this, you are worth to be loved. you are born to be loved and I love you for being you” I teared up with her words and with the surge of mixed emotions I just kissed her.

“I love you too”.

No one’s POV

“The wait is over” someone said.

 

Note: Sorry for the wait. Double update