.24 Valentine's day

If you could see me now.

Author’s POV

Today is Valentine’s day and also Family Day for the school. Amber might have dreaded this day but she also gained a family which loves her. Also, today is the recital in which Group A which is Kai’s group is already done performing, the audience are amused how could it be called a song or piece if it was that awful. next was Group B which was better than the first and lastly Amber’s group. They managed to get a standing ovation for a job well done. (I recommend you to listen to the song Star Sky by Two Steps from hell. The voice sounds like Taeyeon) She was rewarded by praises and thanked them. Amber has to stay at the stage for her solo performance as the top of the students.

Amber’s POV

(Oh if you could see me now)

(Oh if you could see me now)

It was February 14 Valentine's Day

The roses came but they took you away

Tattooed on my arm is a charm to disarm all the harm

Gotta keep myself calm but the truth is you're gone

And I'll never get to show you these songs

Dad you should see the tours that I'm on

I see you standing there next to Mom

Both singing along, yeah arm in arm

Today was when I lost my brother physically and this day was the last straw to lose my parents’ love for me.

Now there are days when I'm losing my faith

Because the man wasn't good he was great

He'd say "Music was the home for your pain"

And explain I was young, he would say

Take that rage, put it on a page

Take the page to the stage

Blow the roof off the place

I'm trying to make you proud

Do everything you did

I hope you're up there with God saying "That's my kid!"

Its true, I did everything to make them proud but it was never enough. I used writing as a way to live, to put my pain on the paper, to not feel it. I wish they would be proud of me.

[Chorus:]

I still look for your face in the crowd

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

Would you stand in disgrace or take a bow

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

(Oh if you could see me now)

If you could see me now would you recognize me?

Would you pat me on the back or would you criticize me?

Would you follow every line on my tear-stained face

Put your hand on a heart that was cold

As the day you were taken away?

I know it's been a while but I can see you clear as day

Right now, I wish I could hear you say

I drink too much, and I smoke too much dutch

But if you can't see me now that 's a must

You used to say I won't know a win till it cost me

Like I won't know real love till I've loved and I've lost it

So if you've lost a sister, someone's lost a mom

And if you've lost a dad then someone's lost a son

And they're all missing out, yeah they're all missing out

So if you get a second to look down on me now

Mom, Dad I'm just missing you now

I still look for your face in the crowd

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

Would you stand in disgrace or take a bow

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)h, oh

I do wish that they would accidentally watch me sing. I sometimes dream about it.

Would you call me a saint or a sinner?

Would you love me a loser or winner?

Oh, oh

 I wonder if they would call me a sinner, hate me for what I’ve turned out to be.

When I see my face in the mirror

We look so alike that it makes me shiver

I still look for your face in the crowd

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

Would you stand in disgrace or take a bow

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

Yeah I'm just missing you now

I still look for your face in the crowd

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

Would you stand in disgrace or take a bow

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

You could see, you could see me now

Thoughts rang out in my head. Everything I did when I was a kid was for them, for them to recognize me as their child too, to make them proud and for them to love me and realize that I am worth to be loved by them, to be a Liu. I did looked at the crowd, I saw them. Sitting down with Jion. They wouldn’t be here if they weren’t that loving and supporting, for Jion. I find it unfair, that they could love her, but not me. Was something really wrong for me. I have nothing against Jion, my little sister. I love her, I treat her as much ever since I knew her.

Author’s POV

After her performance, the emcee of the night asked Amber.

“Everyone, this school’s top student and scholar, Ms. Amber Liu. So Amber, good song, but a little bit sad. What can you say about the songs you wrote and performed?” The emcee asked

“Its simple really, the songs I’ve sung and wrote, is the story of my life. It was everything.” Amber answered

“It they were about the story of your life, what can tell us about your song tonight?” Amber can’t find the right answer to say, especially in this big crowd and knowing “they” are her.

“If you listened to the song well, the lyrics had said it all. If you understand it literally, then, you have the answer.” Amber explained. There were murmurs by the crowd

“Then, you might have hated this day? It was specifically said Valentine’s Day was the day you lost your parents. Are they already in heaven? I’m sorry for asking that”

“No, they’re not. I just lost them that day, it was my fault and I just wanted to apologize when I have a chance” Amber said truthfully and she added: “I’m sorry I was the cause of your pain” she left the stage after answering and went to the backstage. There, she was greeted by Soojung who had hugged her immediately, she looked at the girls and shook her head to tell them not to ask Amber about what happened. As they were preparing to leave, Amber was left near the exit since the girls went to find their respective families and would join her later. There, Jion ran up to her and hugged her knees. She became stiff at the contact since her parents are looking at her. When Mrs. Liu approached, she told her that she was amazing. Mr. Liu just stood there, rage can be seen in his eyes, not recognizing that the older girl was his missing daughter. Sure, Amber and Donghae looked alike, but that was when they were still children. Now, he can’t recognize her but Mrs. Liu can. A mother can immediately recognize her child. As Mr. Liu tried to approach them, Amber ran outside, not out fear, but because of shame, shame for what she caused them. Her mother just looked at her shocked and looked at his husband. She shook her head at him because of disappointment. Cue in, the girls arrived with their family and Krystal immediately looked at the Liu family’s direction.

“Where’s Amber?” She asked them.

“She ran outside when we approached.” Mrs. Liu explained.

“I don’t want to be rude by saying this, but you hurt her already, can you just stop. You never know when to stop”  krystal said with a slight hint of anger. The others are just shocked when she said those. She went out and immediately followed by the others to find Amber. they called her phone but it went straight to voicemail. Krystal is getting worried as the time passes by, Amber never left without saying anything. Its not her nature. But one thing is for sure, Krystal has the right to get worried because, Kai had already started his plan.