Butterflies

I'd like that.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Remember that one time we played hide and go seek in this house in grade 2 and Eun-Taek actually got lost?” Bora reminisced.

I hadn’t been in school for almost 3 weeks now and Bora said she couldn’t stand being away from me anymore, so she decided to make a surprise appearance at my home with Eun-Taek and In-Ho. We used to play at my house a lot when we were kids, but as we got older, we started hanging around Renaissance more.

We were all in in the living room watching a movie and eating snacks. Bora had a lot of gossip to fill me in on from school. In-Ho was sitting right next to me on the couch. He was being quieter than usual and I would keep catching him looking at me. He was probably so worried about me.

“How’s your bodyguard?” Bora asked randomly.

“Yeah, what’s he like?” Eun-Taek chimed. I’d only talked about Jung in passing to my friends. They really didn’t know how young he was or how close I had gotten to him. I think they assumed he was an old man who I never talked to, which was far from the truth.

“He’s…. good.” I knew I couldn’t hide the smile on my face. I looked down and tried to hide my face in case I was blushing.

“Why’re you blushing, Hong?! What’d you say his name was? Oh yeah, Jung?” Bora said almost too loudly. Because just then, Jung walked past us.

“Uhhh… hi!” Bora looked frazzled.

Jung smiled at us and walked towards the kitchen, which was connected to the living room. He opened the fridge and got a bottle of water where he proceeded to open it and gulp it down.

“Is that Jung?!” Bora mouthed it, barely whispering. I could see Eun-Taek and In-Ho in the corner of my eye suddenly look interested. I knew what they were all thinking. I knew I had to introduce them, but I was so embarrassed.

“Hey Jung… can you come here for a second?” I was looking down the entire time. My face felt like it was on fire. I looked up at Jung as he walked towards us. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and light blue washed jeans. He looked to die for. Always.

“These are my friends, Bora, Eun-Taek, and In-Ho. Guys, this is Jung.” I tried to make the introduction as quick and painless as possible.

“Hi….” Bora was staring at his face as she got up and shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you.” Jung said as he flashed a killer smile.

“Wow… you’re really good looking.” Bora said so bluntly.

“…Thanks…” Jung said.

“Bora!” I shrieked.

“Please excuse Bora and her horomones.” Eun-Taek said as he got up from the couch and shook Jung’s hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

In-Ho got up and shook Jung's hand without saying a word.

“Let me know if you end up going out later, I’ll be in my room.” Jung said to me and then disappeared downstairs.

“HONG!” Bora started to freak out as soon as Jung was gone. “Where in the world did your dad find him? And can he find me one?! He looks like a freaking model!”

“Calm down, Bora. I’m right here.” Eun-Taek said as he grabbed Bora’s hand. She quickly pushed him away as he fell over.

“I can’t believe you’re living under the same roof as him. Did you see how tall he is? Do you talk with him? How close are you guys?!” Bora grabbed my shoulders.

“We just talk sometimes. That’s all.” I knew she wouldn’t leave me alone, so  I had to say something.

“You guys talk?” In-Ho looked worried. “Isn’t his job to just be your bodyguard?”

“Yeah, but it’s kind of weird to have him everywhere I go and just ignore him.”

“Just ignore him.” In-Ho was being blunt.

Bora hit his arm. “If she wants to get to know him, it’s a free country, In-Ho!”

The conversation about Jung stopped and we decided to watch a movie. After the movie, everyone left. It was suddenly quiet in my house and I looked over at my clock. 10:46pm. I wonder what Jung was doing? I picked up my Totoro doll. "What do I do?" I said as if Totoro was Jung. I looked at Totoro for a couple more minutes and picked up my phone. I skimm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter