In-Ho

I'd like that.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We arrive at Bora’s house that weekend. She had settled for a house party instead of going to Renaissance for her birthday and invited most of the school. Bora lived in a large house and had a few house keepers to help set up for her big night. Jung and I arrived a few minutes late and there were already a lot of people there. We got in the front door and everyone stopped to turn their heads. There were obviously rumors roaming around about me and Jung ever since that night at Beat just over a month ago.

“Hong!!!” called Bora as she ran up to me and gave me a hug.

“Happy birthday, Bora.” I say as I hug her back. I give her the present and Bora leads me to the kitchen where Eun-Taek is munching on appetizers.

“Hey…. Jung.” Bora says, unable to take her eyes off Jung’s face. I almost forgot that his face was still healing from the other night. It’s gotten a lot better, but it’s still startling to people who haven’t seen him yet.

“Hey, happy birthday.” Jung says in return.

“What…. Happened?” Eun-Taek asks.

Bora hits Eun-Taek on the shoulder. “What?!” Eun-Taek says as he rubs his arm.

I look around the living room and notice that people are staring at me and Jung.

“I know how to break a party…” I say as people stop staring.

“Who cares what they think. They’re getting a free party out of me.” The music continues to blare in the living room and dining hall where most of the school is.

I look around and notice that In-Ho isn’t here. I was worried about running into him and was nervous about having to talk to him at Bora’s party.

“In-Ho couldn’t come.” Bora knew exactly who I was scanning the room for. “He had to go out of town last minute with him mom. He was pretty torn about not being able to come…”

“Let’s go dance!” Eun-Taek says as he grabs Bora by the arm.

I look over at Jung and I can’t seem to read the expression on his face. I grab his hands and look up at him. He’s so tall that I have to strain my neck to look into his eyes. He looks down at me and smiles at me, which instantly has me at ease.

As we continue to look at each other, we settle into the couch that’s in the living room. We see everyone mingling or dancing. Bora even got a DJ who is set up in the corner. Everyone seems to have forgotten that Jung and I were here. As we sit on the couch, he’s the only one I look at. We are holding hands and he caresses my hand with his fingers.

“I’m glad you could be here with me.” I say as I look at him.

“Me too.” Jung says. A couple hours go by and we’re still sitting on the couch. A slow song comes on and it’s one of my favourites- “Unrequited Love” by Gummi. I look at Jung and whisper into his ear, “Dance with me?”

He seems contemplative, but as I get up from the couch, he follows me. We hold each other and begin to dance. He’s so much taller than me, but I’m glad I wore my heels or else I would have really struggled to dance with him. Jung seems so relaxed tonight and he keeps putting his mouth to the top of my head. As I lean my head against his chest, I can’t help but feel so content.

“Too bad In-Ho’s not around to see this.”

I look to my side and see a couple girls from my school. I recognize one of them- Kim Ji-Yun. She’s had a crush on In-Ho for as long as I can remember.

“Does In-Ho know that you’re playing him? With your bodyguard?” Ji-Yun goes on to say. Other students stop dancing and start to look at us.“In-Ho’s going around school like a love-sick puppy dog, while you’re hitting it off with someone else. I thought you and In-Ho were official now?”

“Ji-Yun!” Bora and Eun-Taek both yell her name in disgust as they stand beside me.

“It isn’t bad enough that your dad is dragging your name through the mud and that you’re in so much danger that people want to hurt you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter